Pelham F&G Hosts NH HighPower Championship & EIC 8/29 - 8/30

Posted at the request of ( Match Director ) Bob Greenwood

Pelham is hosting the NH State Championship this year.

Full Match Bulletins at the links below

http://www.gonh.org/uploads/images/146/State_Champ_Bulletin.pdf

http://www.gonh.org/uploads/images/120/2015NHStateEIC.pdf

This is the 1st year for this match to be held at Pelham now that they have the awesome new 600 yard range up and running.

We will be alternating this match each year between

Pelham F&G - http://www.pelhamfishandgame.org/
and
NFGA - http://www.nfga.org/highpower/highpower.html

Last edited:
My first time shooting at Pelham and question about walking distances:
Do i need my cart like I do at Scarborough or Perry, or am I fine carrying my gear like at nashua/reading?

You don't need a cart. Parking is pretty tight at 300 but there's room. Plenty of parking at 600 and next to the pits. The only walking you have to do is 300 to 200.

Pat,
Glad to hear you're coming down!
I hear Dave and Murph will be with you... Awesome! It will be good to see you guys.

All,
Bob has been contacted by 21 people so far stating they will be coming.
he isn't requesting formal pre registration or anything but wouldn't mind getting a note from those that plan on attending to help him plan the food for after Saturdays match.

If you plan on coming and haven't dropped Bob a note yet, please try to do so. H
is contact info is in the bulletins in the opening post.

Weather is looking great for both days!!!

Thanks!
George

I'll be there on Sat with my shiny new (to me anyway) match rifle. Try not to laugh too hard. I can't make Sunday do to a work thing. [angry]

My plans have been changed for me. I won't be making it down either day.
Kinda bummed. Haven't shot much at all this year.

Bummer Pat!
Is Dave and Murph or anyone else from up your way still coming?

Jason,
Looking forward to seeing your new rifle tomorrow.
You ( like me ) don't matter for LEG matches anymore anyway... :)

Great match!

Rod won it (of course) and I think Mike was second. Duane has high service rifle.

I had shit zeros on the new rifle but did OK considering. I'm really liking the match gun.

After the match the Pelham crew fired up the grill and cooked up some burgers and dogs, then raffled off a bunch of stuff. A great time was had by all.

How'd it go?
My truck problems didn't well at all.

Bummer about the truck Pat

I was just running the line and not shooting so it was hard for me to tell but I thought it went pretty well yesterday.

Weather was great for I think it was 41 shooters.
We got started around 8:15, had alibi's in the rapids on most of the relays and got finished around 2:15.
I did my best to limit the standing around time between relays but also not to push the pace of the match too hard.

Rod was the Match Winner and NH Match Rifle Champ with 36 X's and only dropping 4 points.

Duane B was High Service Rifle with a 774
Rich S was NH Service Rifle Champ with a 770

I'm heading back out now to run the line for the EIC today.

I'll post the link to full / official scores once they are posted.

Eta,
Looks like Jason beat me to it while I had my post reply open :)
I saw some of Jason's last 600 yard string yesterday and I think it was clean with 7 x's

Last edited:
I saw some of Jason's last 600 yard string yesterday and I think it was clean with 7 x's

I dropped one in the second string but unfortunately I shot two 8s in the first. Story of the day for me, everything was hot or cold. Dropped 12 in one rapid string then cleaned the next one, etc. I'm still learning how to shoot the match gun, find zeros, etc. I'm having a blast though.

I just ran the line to help out again today but another very good turnout which I would say makes Pelham's 1st State Champ / EIC weekend a success.

Un-officially..
There were 3 cuts...
39 shooters total I believe with only a few of them already Distinguished.

We got started around 9:15 and finished around 2:15.
Pretty hectic day with a group of around 6 new(ish) shooters that needed a little help.
They arrived a bit late and didn't have all the gear they needed but we were able to make due and get it done.

Thank you to those that loaned them gear

Rich Skowronski ( Distinguished ) won the match outright ( 488 I think )

John McNally took the 8 pt. Leg and legged out today.
I just happened to have a shiny new DRB hat Pin on me to give to him.

Seth Leonard ( Junior from CT I think ) took the 2nd cut and now needs 4 more points to go out.
I noticed he already has a P100 pin on his hat so that young man ( around 17 I think ) is doing very well.

Dan Sales took the 3rd leg and now needs 6 more to go out.
Dan got off to a bit of a ruff start in offhand but kept it together enough to get points.

Bob Greenwood asked me to Thank everybody that came to support the matches this weekend.

He would like constructive feedback on the range and the matches.
If you have any please call or email it to him using the contact info in the match bulletins linked to in the opening post of this thread.

George

Awesome, congrats to all especially John for getting it done.

Yes, congrats to John! I love it when "older" shooters Leg out.
And let's not forget Rich and what a year he's had. Awsome shooting!

Jason, once you have a few matches on the new rifle, you'll really appreciate those sights. Offhand is offhand, but every other stage will be a few points higher.

Great Match (Saturday). The range looked good and the match was well run. George did an excellent job running the line, kept things moving without anyone felling rushed.
The cookout afterward was an added bonus. I wish I could have stayed longer but my driver (Brian M) had Dad duty that evening and had to get back.
I also wish I lived a little closer. Getting up at 2:45 am to drive to a match is not real fun.
Congratulations to Bob Greenwood and the others for a well run event.
It was also fun shooting with Bill Booth and Charlie Roberts, both great guys!
Dave Dow

I want to thank everyone for coming over the weekend. We had great weather both days.
A huge thanks goes to George Smith for running the line on both Saturday and Sunday, also thanks to Dave Lavoie and Rich Skowronski for running the pits.
Also a big thanks to Rileys Sport Shop, Gun Owners of New Hampshire, Pete's Gun and Tackle, Northeast Tactical and Northeast Shooter LLC for their donations of various prizes. Congratulations to Rod Rosa for winning the match on Saturday and to Rich Skowronski for winning the leg match on Sunday. Also congratulations to John McNalley for legging out on Sunday, and congratulations to Seth Leonard and Dan Sales for the other two legs.
Bob Greenwood

Had a great time, match was run very well without any pushing to get done. A special thanks to Bob G for making the match happen, many more in the future I'm sure, also a thank you to all that helped run the match, you too George. It was a fun time.
Congrats to all whom cut points on Sunday, Rod for winning the match and Rich for Service Rifle State Champion.

Duane

Back
Top Bottom