• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rimfire/Smallbore F-Class

Vin81

NES Member
So I am in the initial stage of trying to see what kind of interest there is in sanctioned league matches for .22 LR Small-bore F Class.

Matches would take place at Reading Rifle Club in Reading, MA. Open to members and non members. Matches would be weekly or bi weekly.

Below are some additional info and some links. If you’re interested please DM me or post a comment. Hoping to have enough interest to get this going!

Smallbore F Class is an active part of the NRA. Often referred to as F-SBR and is certainly growing.

Small-bore F-Class is a slow fire prone discipline. Competition is limited to 22LR rifles. Matches are fired at known distances of 50 yards, and/or 100 yards. Matches are single-load, and while not required, most shooters use bolt-action target rifles. A typical match is two strings of 20 rounds in 20 minutes each at 50 yards, followed by two strings of 20 rounds in 20 minutes at 100 yards.

This is a precision shooting discipline, and the targets are small. At 50 yards, the X ring is about the diameter of a .22 caliber bullet and the 10 ring is about the diameter of a dime. The entire bullseye target is a little over 5.5 inches in diameter. At 100 yards, the 10 ring is 1” in diameter. Any shot which passes through the 10 ring without breaking the outer edge of the ring is scored as an X. The entire bullseye target is a little under 12 inches in diameter.

Shooters are divided into two basic categories: F-TR (Target Rifle) and F-Open. The main difference between these categories in Smallbore F-Class is that F-Open shooters may use a front pedestal-type rest, where F-TR shooters must use either a bipod or sandbags. For either category, a rear support is allowed under the rifle butt, such as a “rabbit ear” bag, a gloved hand, or a sandbag. For both categories, the rifle is restricted to a weight of 18.18 lbs, including anything affixed to the rifle (scope, bipod, etc.). Both are unrestricted as to the power of scopes that may be used, so long as the rifle is within the weight limit.

If you plan to compete in Smallbore F-Class, below is a list of equipment you should bring:

• Rifle chambered in 22LR – bolt action or semiautomatic. No rifles with tube-fed magazines are permitted. Any power scope is permitted, so long as rifle does not exceed weight limit.
  • Front rest, bipod, or sandbag
  • Rear bag (“rabbit-ear” style bag is acceptable)
  • Shooting mat
  • At least 100 rounds of ammunition. Match-grad subsonic ammunition is strongly recommended, but not required.
  • Spotting scope and stand recommended, but not required.

https://www.americansmallbore.com/uploads/9/8/9/9/98991026/assa_f-sbr_introduction_rev0.pdf

.22 LR Smallbore F-Class — We Expect This Sport to Grow « Daily Bulletin

Thanks
Vin

Last edited:
Thanks, I have a bolt action so it would be single feed but do you mean only put one round in the mag? obviously I feed one round at a time into the action. I guess what I am asking is is the ammo supposed to be 20 loose rounds fed one at a time into the rifle.

Yes that’s correct. If your rifle has a mag, they still allow you to shoot with it as long as you feed 20 loose rounds one at a time in the rifle.

When a round is fed from a magazine the rim slides up the bolt face under the extractor. On some rifles the extractor is not designed to snap over the rim if a round is single fed. Check your owners manual to avoid damage or undue wear

Sling shooters allowed??
It’s prone shooting with either bipod or front rest, like F-Class only for rimfire. There is a good amount of information provided on the post that explains it throughly.

I never shot a CZ, but The CZ set ups do well from What I have seen. The vudoo’s are another one that shooter love. I also just had one built, it will be here Tuesday. 🙏
I went with…

2500X RBRP Action
Bartlien barrel
Hole shot Tuner
Rotex Low Profile Stock
Flavio trigger
March 10-60x high master with 1/16 dot

This sound very interesting and might get me to finally get a T1X or 457.

Interesting the only difference in classes is the front rest.

Would be nice to have a class to separate the $10K rifles from the rest. But whatever, if you make this happen, I will build the rifle.

This sound very interesting and might get me to finally get a T1X or 457.

Interesting the only difference in classes is the front rest.

Would be nice to have a class to separate the $10K rifles from the rest. But whatever, if you make this happen, I will build the rifle
Looks like its going to happen. It will be a lot of fun and competitive. Equipment does make life easier, but only goes so far. Money can’t buy anyone Wind calls or tuning. Start building. 💪.

Last edited:
So I am in the initial stage of trying to see what kind of interest there is in sanctioned league matches for .22 LR Small-bore F Class.

Matches would take place at Reading Rifle Club in Reading, MA. Open to members and non members. Matches would be weekly or bi weekly.

Below are some additional info and some links. If you’re interested please DM me or post a comment. Hoping to have enough interest to get this going!

Smallbore F Class is an active part of the NRA. Often referred to as F-SBR and is certainly growing.

Small-bore F-Class is a slow fire prone discipline. Competition is limited to 22LR rifles. Matches are fired at known distances of 50 yards, and/or 100 yards. Matches are single-load, and while not required, most shooters use bolt-action target rifles. A typical match is two strings of 20 rounds in 20 minutes each at 50 yards, followed by two strings of 20 rounds in 20 minutes at 100 yards.

This is a precision shooting discipline, and the targets are small. At 50 yards, the X ring is about the diameter of a .22 caliber bullet and the 10 ring is about the diameter of a dime. The entire bullseye target is a little over 5.5 inches in diameter. At 100 yards, the 10 ring is 1” in diameter. Any shot which passes through the 10 ring without breaking the outer edge of the ring is scored as an X. The entire bullseye target is a little under 12 inches in diameter.

Shooters are divided into two basic categories: F-TR (Target Rifle) and F-Open. The main difference between these categories in Smallbore F-Class is that F-Open shooters may use a front pedestal-type rest, where F-TR shooters must use either a bipod or sandbags. For either category, a rear support is allowed under the rifle butt, such as a “rabbit ear” bag, a gloved hand, or a sandbag. For both categories, the rifle is restricted to a weight of 18.18 lbs, including anything affixed to the rifle (scope, bipod, etc.). Both are unrestricted as to the power of scopes that may be used, so long as the rifle is within the weight limit.

If you plan to compete in Smallbore F-Class, below is a list of equipment you should bring:

• Rifle chambered in 22LR – bolt action or semiautomatic. No rifles with tube-fed magazines are permitted. Any power scope is permitted, so long as rifle does not exceed weight limit.
  • Front rest, bipod, or sandbag
  • Rear bag (“rabbit-ear” style bag is acceptable)
  • Shooting mat
  • At least 100 rounds of ammunition. Match-grad subsonic ammunition is strongly recommended, but not required.
  • Spotting scope and stand recommended, but not required.

https://www.americansmallbore.com/uploads/9/8/9/9/98991026/assa_f-sbr_introduction_rev0.pdf

.22 LR Smallbore F-Class — We Expect This Sport to Grow « Daily Bulletin

Thanks
Vin

Back
Top Bottom