Paracord

If you are saying the colored strand was a different material than the others, I don't think I've seen that before.

What is your desired purpose for this?

the strand could be used as a fishing line for survival or I assume as a trip wire for a trap

the strand could be used as a fishing line for survival or I assume as a trip wire for a trap

Any of the strands could be used for fishing line or as a tripwire. However, if you click on the given link and then click on the second picture in the gallery below the main pic, it gives you a close up of the strands. The 750 cord is 11 strand, with a distinguishable "marker" strand, and the 550 is an 8 strand with a marker strand. According to their site it is manufactured in NC, which probably means it is made by Mills, a contractor for the US Military.

Any of the strands could be used for fishing line or as a tripwire. However, if you click on the given link and then click on the second picture in the gallery below the main pic, it gives you a close up of the strands. The 750 cord is 11 strand, with a distinguishable "marker" strand, and the 550 is an 8 strand with a marker strand. According to their site it is manufactured in NC, which probably means it is made by Mills, a contractor for the US Military.

Thank you for your assitance

rope wharehouse here in new bedford has a s***load of paracord.....
well.... all kinds of rope actually.....

just looked at the cord i picked up..... got a few 100' hanks of OD green, 250' spool of black and a 250' spool of multicam-colored....

the multicam is listed as "type III commercial"
the OD i made my AK sling from has 7 white strands.... no black....

srsly... give these guys a call.... if they don't have it, it doesn't exist i'm sure...
http://rwrope.com/

i can't always go by there since they close before i get out of work.....
if you find that they do have what you need in stock and it's a matter of saving on shipping, i can always pick the stuff up and bring it with me to the next monadnock shoot....

Last edited:
The real 550 has limited color choices as well, so if you see outer sheath options in purple, yellow, multicolored, etc.. it's the cheap stuff. I think.

yep, commercial vs Mil Spec, White, Coyote, Black Olive International Orange are pretty much the only ones that are mil spec, the biggest difference is the commercial stuff uses 2 strand braids vs 3 for the center, one manufacturer uses 7 the others seem to use 8 center strands

Back
Top Bottom