550 Paracord Survival Bracelet

I was digging around for odd things you wouldent think to add to a B.O.B or keep on ones self, and stumbled apon this little gem, and thought you guys might like it.

bd44_survivalstraps_survival_bracel.gif

Sure it looks nice, but each bracelet contains at least 14' of 550lb test paracord in case of emergencies.
Fits up to a 7.5" wrist.
Plastic side-release buckle.
Vendor Replacement Guarantee - if you have to use the survival strap to survive, they will replace it free of charge (see instructions in package for details) *(I wonder how they would replace it if you used it to survive after TEOTWAWKI [smile])*
Dimensions:approx 9.25" (undone and squished flat) - at least 14' of paracord when unraveled (slight variations due to handmade nature of product).

$19.99 @ http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/bd44/

I have no affiliation to the site, i just thought you fellow survivalist Wackjobs might like it.

No Way!!!. You can get 100ft of 550 for under $10. Then make your own . You can also make pouches, belts, lanyards, nets, and the list goes on. Learn to do the stuff yourself. If you R going to keep it in your BOB, ya might as well know what to do with it. IMHO!!!

good ol' type 3 nylon (for those Air Assault types) [laugh]

things comonly used for
-restraints (sp)
-slings / lanyards / "dummy cords"
-belt
-boot laces
-ranger beads [rofl]
-shelter (tie up a poncho to provide overhead cover)
-strap down / tie down equipment (cargo / sling loading)
-tournaquets
-string up food, IV's, lights ect

add some 90 mph tape and the possibilities are endless

A lot of guys overseas were weaving these bracelets with an ID tag woven into it for themselves and their honeys back home.

I make bracelets, zipper pulls for my husbands gear, and boat bags, lanyards, and key chains.. They averave about 10 ft of cord per item, depending on the length. I also made a dog leash, and my next project is a sling for my husbands sks..

i get mine locally at an army navy store for $7.50/100 feet. i keep a few hundred feet around, i have made bracelets, lanyards and recently wrapped a sick chinese stairway grip for my hiking stick

I made one for my son, the buckle has a whistle built in. It's in blue and orange, too, as he's a Cub Scout (for another few months).

Thy're easy to make, I wouldn't spend $20- clams on one unless it was to help someone out.

Back
Top Bottom