Paid the price

You should set up a Paypal account and start soliciting donations. Maybe a cheap godaddy.com 1 page site telling your story.

Normally I'd say that kind of thing to be a snarky ass, but in this environment you might actually make some money.

you dress however you want. let me put it to you this way:

i want the best person for the job. it's unprofessional and downright stupid to go anywhere rocking a ______________ [insert attire here]. it can be an ACDC shirt, a Glock hat, a Taylor Swift Bracelet, a Gay Pride wrist band... you know why? because in the real world, it tells me that you're an idiot who tries to "take a stand" at the risk of loosing out on a job.

i'll take an Obama voting, union-loving, lefty that showed up to my house w/o the "swag" over any of you any day. it shows you can't control your impulses and lack the insight.

what if you wore a gay pride on your car and the job site was a religous family? it's not even about the Glock hat or telling clients "YEZZZ I LIKE TOOO SHOOOTZZZ BULLETS! WANNA GOEZ WITH ME?

it's keeping your personal shit to yourself. do the job. like i said, if you wore that hat i wouldn't even say nothing... i'd probably let it go. but i'd think you were an idiot.

you were probably one of those kids who had the weed sticker on your car too. [laugh]

Sorry a**h***, never got into the drug scene. Should I look forward to a PM from you anytime soon for any electrical work? Oh please pick me!
Why do you find it necessary to hop in here and personally attack me for not wanting to give in to what other people find acceptable?
Should I not drive my F250 gas guzzling truck to a job that the homeowner drives a Prius, and wants to save the environment?

Last edited:
Sorry a**h***, never got into the drug scene. Should I look forward to a PM from you anytime soon for any electrical work? Oh please pick me!

*inside NES? i would actually look at the thread - yes.

i'm talking about outside NES. if i'm looking for a service, i don't really care what the views are as long as the person is competent. but again, this is NES, so we boycott EVERYTHING and ANYTHING to post about it online. [laugh]

you missed the point altogether.

i want the best person for the job. it's unprofessional and downright stupid to go anywhere rocking a ______________ [insert attire here]. it can be an ACDC shirt, a Glock hat, a Taylor Swift Bracelet, a Gay Pride wrist band... you know why? because in the real world, it tells me that you're an idiot who tries to "take a stand" at the risk of loosing out on a job.

i'll take an Obama voting, union-loving, lefty that showed up to my house w/o the "swag" over any of you any day. it shows you can't control your impulses and lack the insight.

what if you wore a gay pride on your car and the job site was a religous family? it's not even about the Glock hat or telling clients "YEZZZ I LIKE TOOO SHOOOTZZZ BULLETS! WANNA GOEZ WITH ME?

it's keeping your personal shit to yourself. do the job. like i said, if you wore that hat i wouldn't even say nothing... i'd probably let it go. but i'd think you were an idiot.

you were probably one of those kids who had the weed sticker on your car too. [laugh]

The OP is (apparently) a big boy, and he, and the Glock Hat poster have made their choice. Hire whomever you want. Personally, if it's "business", then I'd dress apolitically, regardless of the venue. When I did service calls, I'd wear Wear Guard Blues, with my company logo, as that was all I was selling.

Now, my son wears t-shirts from assorted gun clubs, and shoots to school. For Halloween, I wore my Trap regalia to work (costumes were mandatory), less the shotty.

Though I'd tell him not to do that on a job interview (unless it's at a gun store! [laugh])

*inside NES? i would actually look at the thread - yes.

i'm talking about outside NES. if i'm looking for a service, i don't really care what the views are as long as the person is competent. but again, this is NES, so we boycott EVERYTHING and ANYTHING to post about it online. [laugh]

you missed the point altogether.

Eh, maybe I did miss the point. Oh well, my bad if I did.

Wow the hostility is strong today.

On a side note, I have landed some great firearms deals from customers due to the fact that I was wearing something "firearms related" at the house. It seems to open the door for conversation. It has led to some great deals.

I want a reversible tee shirt that has Che' Guevara on one side:
che-guevara-do1.jpg

And this on the other:
gun2.jpg

I would like to make a couple things clear, I did not wear any gun related clothing to the clients house, I dont even own any. I wear tshirts, sweatshirts and/or jackets with my company name on them. The client and I have a mutual friend who spilled the beans about me owning guns. I was asked about it, and answered truthfully, as I am not ashamed to be a gun owner. We had a conversation, he asked some questions that lead me to believe he may have had some interest, so I offered to take him to the range to help educate him. Not.. "YEZZZ I LIKE TOOO SHOOOTZZZ BULLETS! WANNA GOEZ WITH ME? as stated above. Also, I did not post this here looking for handouts or sympathy, I was simply stating that I am suprised someone would be so close minded about something they dont know about that they would take it this far. It is possible that he just found someone cheaper, and this was just an excuse to cancel the deal.

I would like to make a couple things clear, I did not wear any gun related clothing to the clients house, I dont even own any. I wear tshirts, sweatshirts and/or jackets with my company name on them. The client and I have a mutual friend who spilled the beans about me owning guns. I was asked about it, and answered truthfully, as I am not ashamed to be a gun owner. We had a conversation, he asked some questions that lead me to believe he may have had some interest, so I offered to take him to the range to help educate him. Not.. "YEZZZ I LIKE TOOO SHOOOTZZZ BULLETS! WANNA GOEZ WITH ME? as stated above. Also, I did not post this here looking for handouts or sympathy, I was simply stating that I am suprised someone would be so close minded about something they dont know about that they would take it this far. It is possible that he just found someone cheaper, and this was just an excuse to cancel the deal.

he or she is NOT your friend. he or she is an idiot.

i was being dramatic with the ""YEZZZ I LIKE TOOO SHOOOTZZZ BULLETS! WANNA GOEZ WITH ME?"

i'd punch "your friend" in the mouf. [laugh] [wink]

Hey Bigdogg, My hubby and I are looking to remodel our kitchen this spring - looking for a good contractor. and we BOTH support 2nd amendment. Do you work in Nashua NH (the live free or die state)?

The blade has two edges - how many of us do you think would cancel a remodel job an select another contractor if we found out (s)he was an active anti-gunner interdictionist?

i wouldnt. i give two shits about a persons personal views on anything when I've hired them, I have paid them with my hard earned dollars to do and complete the job to the best of their skills. Done, period, complete, etc. be professional with your work. one of my plumbers who did many homes with me said "ohh geeze Dom, is that a gun safe?" i replied that it was and he voiced his opinion that he thought only psycho's owned guns. I asked if he liked his paycheck and he went back to work and did an amazing job as usual. He later apologized and said it was none of his damn business what I have or do with my spare time, still does my plumbing, still an excellent man, still hates guns and we still get along. grow the fugg up boys.

bigdogg...I learned a long time ago it's not easy to know how people are going to react to things we enjoy.I showed up to work one day and the owner saw my NRA sticker on the back of my work van,she liked it..she is a lifetime NRA member.

Last edited:
wearing "gun clothes" "political" "clothes" or anything extra to a job is stupid. what planet do you people live on?
you are there to do a job, not attention whore so you can get home and post about on a forum. to each his / her own. life is tough when your stupid. [laugh] posting about it online and all. good job.

What is the difference between wearing a hat that says Glock on it and one that shows a Red-Sox logo to a job site? There really is no difference. Maybe andypieces likes the fit of the hat. Maybe it's really comfy and "broken in". Do you think that wearing a Red-Sox hat to a job site is stupid too? What if the client was a Yankees' fan? Really... it's just a hat that he wore to a job site. I too would be offended if someone asked me to cover up my Disney T-Shirt because it was "too corporate".
life is tough when your stupid.
I got a kick out of that! You're funny too! Thanks for the irony.

Was almost going to ask if it was my neighbor. Redoing their two family and saw a contractor sitting there waiting, obviously trying to reach them by phone.

Hey Bigdogg, My hubby and I are looking to remodel our kitchen this spring - looking for a good contractor. and we BOTH support 2nd amendment. Do you work in Nashua NH (the live free or die state)?

I would be happy to give you an estimate on your kitchen...send me a pm when your ready and we can exchange contact info. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Pulpbuster...thanks for the neg rep...not sure what I did to warrent that.

I had a GREAT contractor do a remodel in my house, but when he saw the gun room he stayed away from it like it was toxic. I think it was his record of 7 DUIs that made him scared to get near any firearm (but, despite the record, and fact he needed an assistant to drive him, he did wonderful work, to spec, on schedule and didn't dick me around on anything)

In a free country, we should be able to exercise our freedoms.

They did, Biggdog expressed his freedom of speech. the customer expressed his freedome to go elsewhere.
we may not like the outcome here, but freedom was maintained

if someone came to your house and was an Anti and told you 20% of every customer order goes to support gun control, would you hire him? I would not.

Well done Bigdogg for not backing down from your position just to get some work.

Never put passion before principle, even if win, you lose. - Mr. Miaghi

Back
Top Bottom