• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Paid the price

I client of mine found out that I support the 2nd ammendment, we got in what I thought was a calm discussion about firearms, I even offered to take him to the range so he could make an educated decision. I just got a call from him cancelling two kitchen remodels (he owns a multi family), he is going to use someone else. Tough losing any work in this economy, but the good news is, I now have some some free time to go to the range. It is amazing how close minded these people can be.

Sorry to hear about this but I'm afraid it's the other way around...eventually your former client will pay the price.

That sucks but you're probably better not working for someone like that. We just need to do the same and not give the antis any of our business.

Like you said it sucks losing work in these times (or any for that matter), but kudos for having the balls to defend what you believe despite the risk! I am the same way these days with ANYONE who tries to bash legal gun ownership/owners. I will no longer make excuses for "why" we "need" guns, or try to bullshit anyone as the NRA has for decades that we only need them for sport, hunting, and target shooting.[rolleyes]

Thanks for the support guys, I was thinking I needed to learn to shut up. Yes I do work in parts of Middlesex county, what town are you in?

He probably was going to find some small minuscule imperfection with the remodel and not pay you any way.
What are you shooting ? I'll buy you a box of ammo.

I client of mine found out that I support the 2nd ammendment, we got in what I thought was a calm discussion about firearms, I even offered to take him to the range so he could make an educated decision. I just got a call from him cancelling two kitchen remodels (he owns a multi family), he is going to use someone else. Tough losing any work in this economy, but the good news is, I now have some some free time to go to the range. It is amazing how close minded these people can be.

did you by any chance have deposits on those jobs? is so keep the money and tell him to pound sand if he asks for it

Take the high road and sprinkle some brass in his vehicle. Then hire an actress to stand outside his house and scream "A man has a gun in there!"

My buddy broke the news to his Anti 2A accountant, after he started the work on his house and fired him as an accountant..... **** EM

You sure its related to guns?

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Yes..well atleast thats what he said. Not comfortable having a gun in the house. I assured him I would not bring a gun into his house, he said he just felt better going in another direction.

well that sucks but don't burn that bridge. I wouldn't be surprised if he calls you in a couple months to "fix a couple things". as you know, it happens a lot: someone goes low price and pays big time for it!

I'm sorry but this is retarded. Work is work.... I would have dispelled any rumor with "no, but its really not relevant if i did". [laugh].

Oh wait, NES so boycott anything anti even if it costs you a job. Right? [rofl]

I was walking into a job in Wellesley a couple months ago, with the GC to meet the homeowner for a kitchen remodel. There were Obama signs in front of her house. The GC looked at me and asked if I minded taking off my Glock hat. I said, I do mind, I don't support Obama, but I'm not gonna ask the homeowner to take down the signs!
I priced the job ridiculously high, thinking I wouldn't get it. Got a call today saying the job is a go. Glock hat and all.

Another reason why I love doing work for NES members. No bullshit.

I was walking into a job in Wellesley a couple months ago, with the GC to meet the homeowner for a kitchen remodel. There were Obama signs in front of her house. The GC looked at me and asked if I minded taking off my Glock hat. I said, I do mind, I don't support Obama, but I'm not gonna ask the homeowner to take down the signs!
I priced the job ridiculously high, thinking I wouldn't get it. Got a call today saying the job is a go. Glock hat and all.

Another reason why I love doing work for NES members. No bullshit.

wearing "gun clothes" "political" "clothes" or anything extra to a job is stupid. what planet do you people live on?

you are there to do a job, not attention whore so you can get home and post about on a forum.

to each his / her own. life is tough when your stupid. [laugh] posting about it online and all. good job.

Now your gonna tell me how to dress! It was a ****ing hat, chill out. I'm not out there doing electrical work in tactical gear.

you dress however you want. let me put it to you this way:

i want the best person for the job. it's unprofessional and downright stupid to go anywhere rocking a ______________ [insert attire here]. it can be an ACDC shirt, a Glock hat, a Taylor Swift Bracelet, a Gay Pride wrist band... you know why? because in the real world, it tells me that you're an idiot who tries to "take a stand" at the risk of loosing out on a job.

i'll take an Obama voting, union-loving, lefty that showed up to my house w/o the "swag" over any of you any day. it shows you can't control your impulses and lack the insight.

what if you wore a gay pride on your car and the job site was a religous family? it's not even about the Glock hat or telling clients "YEZZZ I LIKE TOOO SHOOOTZZZ BULLETS! WANNA GOEZ WITH ME?

it's keeping your personal shit to yourself. do the job. like i said, if you wore that hat i wouldn't even say nothing... i'd probably let it go. but i'd think you were an idiot.

you were probably one of those kids who had the weed sticker on your car too. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom