P938 cleaning question

Hi folks-new gun owner and "new" to the boards. I put the second "new" in quotes because I'm new at posting but have used the forum for the better part of a year to learn quite a bit. The information on these forums is invaluable.
I finally have a question I couldn't readily answer by utilizing the search feature though.
I have a sig P938. When I cleaned it for the first time after shooting it for the first time, some of the cleaner ran down into the mag well and trigger. I didn't think this would be problematic until when I looked at the trigger I noticed some red liquid was leaking out of the sides of it from inside the frame. The cleaner I was using was clear.

I'm assuming the red liquid was some sort of a trigger lubricant. However I can't confirm that anywhere.

So two questions:
1) does anybody know what that red substance was?
2) should I be concerned?

thanks much

does it have the rosewood grips? if so probably pulled some of the dye out of the wood.

i wouldn't worry too much either way. if you have a can of compressed air can give the frame a good blast to remove any excess cleaner.

i don't want to re-ignite the debates on cleaners and lubricants, but generally speaking i would just keep the P938's frame rails well lubricated w some grease and leave the rest of the frame alone. it doesn't need much cleaning.

and if you shoot the P938 heavily enough, get ready for the recoil spring to be toast by 300-400 rounds. when i called Sig they told me this was the case. i was like uh WTF. i found the pistol to be overall under-sprung with heavy slide-frame contact and brass ejection way too intense. ended up ultimately selling the pistol because i couldn't run it hard like a G43 or shield. that being said I did overall dig it.

Back
Top Bottom