P-64's now C&R...

Word of warning for new owners of the P-64. It WILL fire a chambered round if the hammer is struck or just slightly retracted and dropped. (assuming manual safety is off, of course) Be careful out there.

I'm really warming up to this piece however. Now that it has been de-horned a little, it is a pleasure to shoot. Still not a single failure to feed or fire.

Michael.

Thats P-64 being P-64.

any can recommend gunshop where crappy DA on P-64 can fixed?
thanks

I think you mean improved, not "fixed" as there is nothing wrong with it, that is how it is designed.[laugh] See SKSRay's post on this subject above.

You must overcome the force of the hammer spring in order to cock and fire in DA mode. You CAN get a lighter spring which will in turn reduce the pull weight, however that will also reduce the hammer force and you MIGHT wind up with less reliable ignition. You can find a wealth of information on this and other subjects here; www.p64resource.com

Good luck.

Michael.

I was planning on getting lighter springs for mine but the more I shoot it the less the DA bothers me. Kind of makes you really commit to that first shot. I guess you can still thumb back the hammer and shoot the first round SA.

One of these springs might help...
com-grip-black.jpg
[wink]

I was planning on getting lighter springs for mine but the more I shoot it the less the DA bothers me. Kind of makes you really commit to that first shot. I guess you can still thumb back the hammer and shoot the first round SA.

com-grip-black.jpg
[wink]

If you have to use it in a hurry, you won't even notice the pull. Just don't drop the hammer half way to cocking it! [grenade]

com-grip-black.jpg
[wink]

Good one [laugh2]

Back
Top Bottom