• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Owning 2 exact same guns, one for carry, one for practice??

The other benefit of owning a second (or third) identical gun is you will always have a "know good" parts kit... [rofl]

I carry my HK P30 or HK P30SK but when I practice, it's usually the range rental HK VP9 lol. Gotta keep my German import mileage low, namean?

I am one of those "middle of the road no talent" USPSA competition shooters. Usually, it's thousands, but not tens of thousands of rounds a year.

I have a few occasions where I used the spare gun:

- Hook broke off extractor. Ooops.
- Fiber optic fell off front sight. Easier to grab spare gun that do field repair. I don't even bring spare parts to local matches.
- Loaned spare gun to a friend whose gun went belly up

I bought two swords - CAS Hanwei 30th Anniversary Musashi Paul Chen katanas - and dulled one for iaido practice and kept the other sharp for toyama ryu batto-do cutting. It’s good to practice with what you carry (or cut with, in the case of iaido/battle-do.

With your CCW pistol, it’s probably as important to practice with your carry ammo now and again. When Federal agency officers attend SIG Academy courses, they bring 1000s of rounds of their issue carry ammo. That was unreal in cost before 2020…

A friend of mine thinks the Glock 19 Gen 4 is the pinnacle of firearm design [rofl] Muh perfection tho.

So he bought 4 identical G19s and put them in each of his main rooms in his house. I think he rents the range Glock to save on the barrel mileage of his own guns as he called it.

People I know have 2 of the same guns incase one gets confiscated the have a back up.
I thought in case of a shooting investigation, police suspend your LTC rights temporarily and all your guns are confiscated? Or you have to have an FFL or a friend hold it since you can't be trusted with any in your domicile?

I thought in case of a shooting investigation, police suspend your LTC rights temporarily and all your guns are confiscated? Or you have to have an FFL or a friend hold it since you can't be trusted with any in your domicile?
These are people in free states. Not sure about MA.

They even suspend your gun rights if you are indicted for a federal misdemeanor for dissident behavior. I've seen it happen.

Back
Top Bottom