Oregon drivers stopped at gunpoint by groups protecting wildfire ravaged properties from looters: sheriff

Reptile

NES Member
The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office responded to more than 330 calls for service over the past week – a 400% increase from the previous week.
Oregon drivers have been illegally stopped at gunpoint by armed groups patrolling evacuation zones over the past week as massive wildfires sweep through the West, destroying more than 1 million acres in the state and displacing hundreds of thousands.

Clackamas County Sheriff Craig Roberts said at a press conference Monday that his agency responded to more than 330 calls for service over the past week – a 400% increase from the previous week.

“We have a group of different individuals that are actually trying to protect property. They actually have been armed and are stopping individuals within the commune out there,” Roberts said. “First thing I’d ask them to do is please stop that. We have reached out to a number of them. If they see somebody suspicious, call us. Let us handle it. It is illegal to stop somebody at gunpoint.”

good.jpg

I think there is a balance here. Is the Sheriff actually taking reports seriously? Are they able to respond effectively and timely?

I'm not saying militia shouod be able to stop all traffic, but I am saying militia shouod be able to stop some traffic if that traffic is suspicious. Especially with numerous reports of fire starting and chainsaws on telephone poles.

Oh Sherriff, we were driving around looking for opportunities to steal stuff and these mean guys with guns asked us what we were doing there! The nerve!

Oregon drivers stopped at gunpoint by groups protecting wildfire ravaged properties from looters: sheriff
[thumbsup]

I think any sane person can tell who belongs in their neighborhood and who doesnt while the world is literally burning and people are looting while property owners have evacuated.

Agree. My point is if we defer to random people stopping cars, it is the people who are not sane who id be wary of. It kinda the inverse of the old saying. Well if you're not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about.

Agree. My point is if we defer to random people stopping cars, it is the people who are not sane who id be wary of. It kinda the inverse of the old saying. Well if you're not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about.
True. Random people though? Thats a big jump

Seriously, how are you going to feel being stopped by a groups of armed men with no authority to do such. Are you going to stop? Are you going to let them search you vehicle to make sure you are not an arsonist? This is BS!! Protecting private property is one thing. Setting up illegal check points is quite another.

Anyone stopping me to ask what I'm doing, and is not in a cruiser IS a random person to me.
The "cruisers" are protecting the looters and the burners. This is also the unfortunate consequences of the cruisers not handling this. Now its on the locals. Not ideal by a long shot but imagine their predicament

The "cruisers" are protecting the looters and the burners. This is also the unfortunate consequences of the cruisers not handling this. Now its on the locals. Not ideal by a long shot but imagine their predicament

You're correct and I agree. But I ask....are you comfortable with your wife being stopped by a random group? I'm not. In this case these random groups seem to have honorable intentions. But what if they don't? Or their judgement changes? Or antifa sets up their own ch3ck points Or? Or they harrass some law abiding citizen? All I'm saying (again) is its a slippery slope....

You're correct and I agree. But I ask....are you comfortable with your wife being stopped by a random group? I'm not. In this case these random groups seem to have honorable intentions. But what if they don't? Or their judgement changes? Or antifa sets up their own ch3ck points Or? Or they harrass some law abiding citizen? All I'm saying (again) is its a slippery slope....
This situation, fires etc, best not be there. Especially alone. Harassment shouldn't be tolerated but lawlessness is ensuing. This is their "go time"

Seriously, how are you going to feel being stopped by a groups of armed men with no authority to do such. Are you going to stop? Are you going to let them search you vehicle to make sure you are not an arsonist? This is BS!! Protecting private property is one thing. Setting up illegal check points is quite another.
No worries the gov't already set the precedent on those. Seriously stop being retarded, this is Americans being American it is how America is supposed to work and you have less to fear from these guys then a cop with a quota.

Suspicious to whom? Slippery slope here...

I agree, but Oregon is in a shit show right now. You've got a capital where the mayor is basically supporting Antifa and now it seems reasonable to assume many of the fires are being intentionally set to further destabilize the state by displacing a signing percentage of the population.

Its reasonable to assume some of these rural people are a bit on edge about losing everything they've owned to rioters, looters or the state.

I think there is a balance here. Is the Sheriff actually taking reports seriously? Are they able to respond effectively and timely?

I'm not saying militia shouod be able to stop all traffic, but I am saying militia shouod be able to stop some traffic if that traffic is suspicious. Especially with numerous reports of fire starting and chainsaws on telephone poles.

The Militia steps up when the system breaks down, which some people seem to think is happening right the f*** now.

Back
Top Bottom