• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

On Holding Criminals at Gunpoint

MaverickNH

NES Member
” Allegation: Woman holds threatening home intruder at bay with firearm, calls 911. A St. Louis police officer (who'd gotten conflicting reports about who's threatening whom) arrives, does not announce himself, and shoots the woman nine times in the back, paralyzing her. Officer: She pointed the gun at me! Woman (whose husband and father are cops): No, I didn't. Eighth Circuit (over a dissent): Doesn't matter. Qualified immunity.”

Her cop husband and FIL didn’t teach her well…

Just putting this out there......responding cop may have thought she was the perp and pointing a gun at the victim?

Anyway.....

If I ever have the unfortunate experience of having a home invader at gunpoint.....I'm not ordering him to stay put until the po po arrive......if he heads for the door I'm letting him go. Gonna be a hard sell to the da.....well Mr da you see I was holding him there at gun point and he headed for the doorway to leave my house so I shot him in the back. 🙄

When did they start teaching the cops to shoot first and ask questions later?

It’s the main reason I’d never assist like this. The probability of getting shot by a cop is huge.

When did they start teaching the cops to shoot first and ask questions later?
When we started celebrating Inspector Callahan, if not sooner
clint eastwood art GIF by hoppip

Back
Top Bottom