• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Options for a 454 Casull handgun

I had a Taurus Raging Bull It was nice but I like the Ruger much better, plus the Ruger is a 6 shooter oppose to a 5 for the Taurus.

Dean

Of the revolvers that are chambered in 454 the Ruger is the only one that is a 6 shot. The Magnum Research BFR in 454 is a 5 shot also.

Here's a 460 I picked up just before Christmas:

460.gif

How is the finishing on the SRHs? The finishing on my sp101 was a joke, like they used an angle grinder and then did a bad brush job to poorly hide it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

How is the finishing on the SRHs? The finishing on my sp101 was a joke, like they used an angle grinder and then did a bad brush job to poorly hide it.

My SRH and GP100 look great to me. Where abouts on the gun does it look rough? The whole gun or?

Any recommendations for a belt holster on the ruger super redhawk Alaskan 2.5 inch barrel? I feel like I should carry it :)

My SRH and GP100 look great to me. Where abouts on the gun does it look rough? The whole gun or?
The entire gun was not finished well and 5 places were really bad, the rear sight, top of hammer, along the entire edge behind the cylinder release, below the side the cylinder swings, front of the cylinder arm.

Most of the machine marks came out with 400 grit across the entire frame, the 5 areas above required 150, this is some of the poorest work I've seen. This is my 1st Ruger. Contemplating if it is the last. It will look amazing when I am finished, but out of the box I can see why it is much cheaper than a model 60. This is why I am interested to know the quality of the $$ Rugers.

The entire gun was not finished well and 5 places were really bad, the rear sight, top of hammer, along the entire edge behind the cylinder release, below the side the cylinder swings, front of the cylinder arm.

Most of the machine marks came out with 400 grit across the entire frame, the 5 areas above required 150, this is some of the poorest work I've seen. This is my 1st Ruger. Contemplating if it is the last. It will look amazing when I am finished, but out of the box I can see why it is much cheaper than a model 60. This is why I am interested to know the quality of the $$ Rugers.

Wow. My Ruger revolvers definitely didn't have those finish issues. Did you try contacting Ruger? With their CS record, I'd be shocked if they didn't try to make it right for ya.

I wouldn't let this prevent you from buying another Ruger. Though I can understand your frustration.

Wow. My Ruger revolvers definitely didn't have those finish issues. Did you try contacting Ruger? With their CS record, I'd be shocked if they didn't try to make it right for ya.

I wouldn't let this prevent you from buying another Ruger. Though I can understand your frustration.
Good to know, thanks.

Btw I couldn't see these defects when I bought it, bad lighting, plus it was covered in oil from the factory. I also didn't expect to find any issues with the finishing , was concerned about lockup and the trigger pull.

Back
Top Bottom