• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Optic recommendation for TAVOR?

Just wondering what everyone is using on their TAVOR and what you recommend for a 16.5 version.
Thanks.

The USPS does NOT receive any tax dollars!

I have an EOTech EXPS2-0 on mine with the same muzzle brake (Griffin M4SD II):

View attachment 97455

I had the muzzle brake pinned/welded at 1776 Gunsmithing in Walpole.
Sweet TAVOR!!
Planning the same route.
Does the XPS2-0 co-witness with the iron sights?
I read it doesn't and a bit low.
How do you like the M4SD II?

Sweet TAVOR!!
Planning the same route.
Does the XPS2-0 co-witness with the iron sights?
I read it doesn't and a bit low.
How do you like the M4SD II?

The Griffin brake works well - no complaints.

Be careful with your EOTech choice.
The EXPS sits higher than the XPS because of the included QD mount and is an absolute co-witness on the Tavor.
If you go with the XPS, you'll probably end up a bit low. That's why I went with the EXPS.

The Griffin brake works well - no complaints.

Be careful with your EOTech choice.
The EXPS sits higher than the XPS because of the included QD mount and is an absolute co-witness on the Tavor.
If you go with the XPS, you'll probably end up a bit low. That's why I went with the EXPS.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Loving your TAVOR so far? You can PM me if you want

I threw a EXPS2-0 on my Tavor as well. I haven't fired the Goddamn thing yet. But it's on there. Lol.

The Tavor trigger is pretty heavy. I thought about joining the Timney trigger group buy, but have decided on trying the spring removal mod first.
If the mod doesn't help, I'll spring for the Timney trigger. (Note that the mod may cause reset issues, though MAC claims 1,000+ rounds over 5+ months and still no issues.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard about the Trigger job/removing that Spring.
1,000+ rounds and no issues? Hmmm saves me $ on a Timney Trigger.
Have you removed the spring and shot your TAVOR yet?

Aimpoint Micro on a QD mount if you are looking for a red dot , Vortex RAZOR HD GEN II 1-6X24 RIFLESCOPE if you want magnification.

Not mine, but what I am talking about...
Tavor06_sm.jpg

ed499b3509406d6196cf8ce40eca1f9e.jpg

Last edited:
I heard about the Trigger job/removing that Spring.
1,000+ rounds and no issues? Hmmm saves me $ on a Timney Trigger.
Have you removed the spring and shot your TAVOR yet?

Removing the spring wont give you timney like trigger feel. Currently, there is no trigger job for Tavor. There are only trigger pack swap kit from timney, giesselle or shootingsight. Non of the 3 trigger kit delivered to consumer yet. NES is having a groupbuy on timney trigger. If you interested, please jump on the GB.

Here is a quote I got from Bullpup forum regards on removing spring.
Average pull weight with the mod is 8lbs 2.5oz. With the spring back in the same trigger pack I got an average of 10lbs 3oz. So that is a 2lb improvement when removed.

Removing the spring wont give you timney like trigger feel. Currently, there is no trigger job for Tavor. There are only trigger pack swap kit from timney, giesselle or shootingsight. Non of the 3 trigger kit delivered to consumer yet. NES is having a groupbuy on timney trigger. If you interested, please jump on the GB.

Here is a quote I got from Bullpup forum regards on removing spring.

Thank you, sir!

...or buys more time until Geissele puts their version out:

http://geissele.com/super-tavor.html

Same boat I am in...I want the Timney, and it seems like a great price in the GB, but Ill wait on more reviews on the Geissele to come out.

OP I have a t-33 Acog with a Green horseshoe on my rifle. i like the compact size, fixed 3 power with the ability to shoot 2 eyes open and mimick a red dot at close range. It works great and i love the set up.

I really wanted the Elcan SoecterDr, but could justify the price. Everyone who has one raves about them.

Good luck

I am picking up a Tavor here in the next couple of weeks. Although after reading that an OD green version is coming out im tempted to wait. Also have my eye on the SpecterDr but dont know if I can spend that kind of money.

Same boat I am in...I want the Timney, and it seems like a great price in the GB, but Ill wait on more reviews on the Geissele to come out.

OP I have a t-33 Acog with a Green horseshoe on my rifle. i like the compact size, fixed 3 power with the ability to shoot 2 eyes open and mimick a red dot at close range. It works great and i love the set up.

I really wanted the Elcan SoecterDr, but could justify the price. Everyone who has one raves about them.

Good luck
Also, there's a 3rd TAVOR trigger option. Cheaper than Timney/Gessele i believe. Shooting Sight.
https://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=5138.0
I can't justify buying a ACOG. Trying to keep my TAVOR optic options under $500 if possible. BUT the T33 ACOG sounds really nice!

- - - Updated - - -

i have a eotech 512;cabelas did offer a good price with a extra $50 discount

I also have a 512 on one of my AR's. I might swap it over to the TAVOR until i find "the one" for it.

FWIW I broke down and threw an RCO on the AR and bunped the exps and magnifier over to the Tavor... with the cqb logic in mind behind the tavor.

Im now thinking about maybe selling the tavor to fund some other stuff.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Can you expand on why dropping the Tavor?

FWIW I broke down and threw an RCO on the AR and bunped the exps and magnifier over to the Tavor... with the cqb logic in mind behind the tavor.

Im now thinking about maybe selling the tavor to fund some other stuff.

Mike

Lack of use... I still shoot the AR more and I think for the time being putting some of the money I have in the tavor into an M1 carbine might be better investment wise. I also am putting together an SBR AR and need to fund that.

Im sure Id get another tavor at some point.

Mike

Not my rifle, but similar setup except mine's 16.5", I don't have the (additional) backup irons, and my RMR is the dual illuminated with the amber triangle. Same ADM mount.

ZvIfhUs.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom