Opinions on ther NRA

chindogg

NES Member
Wanted to hear your opinions in the NRA. I am a member because I feel at least their emails alert people to pending votes, movements, and litigation going on in their own sates and nationally. After reading different threads I'm wondering hmmmm.. Thoughts?

every law passed that infringed on our 2A rights has had the NRA involved and complicit in the violation of the 2A

Join JPFO if you don't want to be in bed with people who have sold you out

NRA is gov backed oposition. They're puppets.

Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership or Gun Owners of America

And then you have MA based Comm2A and GOAL

If you live in a state that isn't hopelessly overrun by moonbats, the NRA has a lot of clout and does a lot of good.

You're a member to get emails?

Ya to get emails. My point was at least they get some info out to constituents ( like in jersey at the time) who in their overworked/overstressed lives wouldn't know what firearms issues are pressing. It's not like you turn the Tv and get informed.
Besides that the rest of your responses are eye opening. Thanks

they are pawns of the extreme right.......but then again every extreme right/left side or political party has collections of groups at their disposal..

The NRA has lost focus of its founding message........it has been clouded by the dark side i mean right sided groups. They are too political and have forgotten about the citizens.

Im not alone in this theory

they are pawns of the extreme right.......but then again every extreme right/left side or political party has collections of groups at their disposal..

The NRA has lost focus of its founding message........it has been clouded by the dark side i mean right sided groups. They are too political and have forgotten about the citizens.

Im not alone in this theory

I'm no huge fan of some of what the NRA has done, but this post is full of fail.

What is "extreme" about the NRA? If anything they are in the middle of the spectra in gun politics in the US.

Only moonbats think that the NRA is "extreme right wing".

-Mike

Often too focused on the interests of Fudds alone.

GOAL and Comm2A are much more tailored approaches for our issues anyways. At least, that's my over simplistic take on things.

Wanted to hear your opinions in the NRA. I am a member because I feel at least their emails alert people to pending votes, movements, and litigation going on in their own sates and nationally. After reading different threads I'm wondering hmmmm.. Thoughts?
1- did you ever notice their Emails don't talk about Mass. Ever.
2- you don't need to be a member for them to spam your inbox, I cancelled my membership and still get their crap.

The NRA doesn't care about MA, so I don't care about the NRA. Give your money to GOAL or COMM2A.

The NRA does, among other things:

Sponsors and funds::

Competitions and matches all across the country including the National Championships at Camp Perry

"Eddy Eagle" program that teaches Pre-K to 3rd graders about gun safety

Firearms training

The largest pro-hunter organization in the world

Law enforcement firearms training and competition

Range services (building, designing, etc..)

Womens programs

Youth programs

Gunsmithing schools

etc..

etc..

They can't do much in some states because of the clowns that are elected there. They try. Elect people they can work with and you might see some things change down there.

Competitions and matches all across the country including the National Championships at Camp Perry

Firearms training

Womens programs

Youth programs

Gunsmithing schools

etc..

etc..

They can't do much in some states because of the clowns that are elected there. They try. Elect people they can work with and you might see some things change down there.

+1

Firearms training

Womens programs

Youth programs

Gunsmithing schools

etc..

etc..

All these are very good things, and why I'm a member.

I wish they would stop with your list, however. They like to get in the middle of legislation and make provisions that violate the natural rights of we the people.

They seem to beleive that some level of regulation is good. They aren't actively trying to replicate Vermont's firearms restrictions across the US. Vermont style laws are an excellent goal for truly Pro-RKBA orgs to shoot for.

They've forgotten what they're all about. They do some good things, I won't deny them that. But I don't plan on becoming a member anytime soon. I'm much more interested in helping out our cause here in MA.

Firearms training

Womens programs

Youth programs

Gunsmithing schools

etc..

etc..

Bingo. All of the above, plus the power of four million members who vote and swing close elections. And the members of Congress know it. The NRA doesn't waste money on losing causes like most elections here in MA, but they did help push Scott Brown over the finish line when he needed it, and we picked up one more pro-2A vote in the Senate. He's not perfect, but compared to Marsha Coakley he'll do.

Most school systems won't let the program in, as it does not demonize firearms, and it is an NRA program. To: TomH, I believe that you went to Billerica Memorial High School. There used to be a Rifle Range in that School.

Interesting, and a shame because I'm sure it was long gone by the time I was there. As is the auto shop my grandfather used to teach in. [sad2]

Firearms training

Womens programs

Youth programs

Gunsmithing schools

etc..

etc..

I don't care if they help little old ladies across the street, their mission should be the protection of gun rights, and they are not even close to doing that.

They screwed us in NH, they don't know MA exists, what have they done for NY NJ and IL?

They tried to derail Heller early on, and only jumped on the bandwagon when the case got traction and was headed for a win.

Their excuse is that they mitigate the damage that would have happened it they were not there to speak for US on capital hill. BS.!!!

Eddie Eagle won't mean schit because by the time those children get to be 18 or 21 gun ownership will be illegal.

I am a PROUD NRA supporter - let all the others bitch and whine about what they don't do from their keyboards.
I also support other pro 2nd orgs but the NRA is a must for any gun owner in my opinion.

....their mission should be the protection of gun rights....

That's not, and has never been, the NRA's primary mission. The NRA was formed after the civil war to promote marksmanship skills for the boys and men who would fight our wars. For the most part they've been hugely successful in that endeavor.

Yes, the NRA-ILA come into existence, and they do have a fairly noticeable presence as a lobby group, but that's really not their core mission

I don't agree with everything the NRA does from a legislative / political perspective but I support their efforts to promote marksmanship.

The NRA is still the strongest national tool that gun owners have. What they did in NH was just plain wrong. I will continue to support them but I will support Comm2A much more vigorously.

That's not, and has never been, the NRA's primary mission. The NRA was formed after the civil war to promote marksmanship skills for the boys and men who would fight our wars. For the most part they've been hugely successful in that endeavor.

Yes, the NRA-ILA come into existence, and they do have a fairly noticeable presence as a lobby group, but that's really not their core mission

I don't agree with everything the NRA does from a legislative / political perspective but I support their efforts to promote marksmanship.

Fine if they want to be a association promoting good marksmanship that's fine with me, and if that is the case they need to go public and say they are not the default organization for gun owners rights, and stop acting like they are doing some public service by sticking their noses into issues such as NH's constitutional Carry Bill that they were responsible for gutting.

Promote hunting, marksmanship, safe handling, etc, but stay out of the issue of 2A because that has already been decided in the hunters and sportsmans favor. Every politician when asked about gun rights defaults to "hunting and such stuff" being supported by the candidate but those of us who support the intent of the founders of this nation know the NRA has been instrumental in eroding our gun rights at the national level for at least 80 years.

Back
Top Bottom