• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Opinion please: 357 magnum or sig

I’m not saying not to do it, I’m saying you ought to think about posting it on an open forum. And yes, you’ll likely get charged in a self defense situation but you may get out of that and there’s coverage you can buy for that.

Won’t help you w gun charges which will make you a PP for life.
My older son's best friend is "PP for life" after his DD from the navy for refusing orders to take anthrax vaccines. Still owns rifles and shotguns, just not in his name. Avid hunter and shooter. Doesn't keep them at home, though. Knows better than that! Been about 20 years since his DD. Never had a problem. He lives a clean life. Doesn't drink or use drugs. Most of the PP types that get busted are continuing to commit criminal acts.

My older son's best friend is "PP for life" after his DD from the navy for refusing orders to take anthrax vaccines. Still owns rifles and shotguns, just not in his name. Avid hunter and shooter. Doesn't keep them at home, though. Knows better than that! Been about 20 years since his DD. Never had a problem. He lives a clean life. Doesn't drink or use drugs. Most of the PP types that get busted are continuing to commit criminal acts.
Do whatever you like, clearly you're willing to accept becoming a PP in the event you have to use your firearm in a defensive situation (after you get out of jail). Again, I'm not telling you what to do or not to do, just that it's not bright, to post it in a public forum that's monitored by the AG's office. Any lawyer and all the CCW insurance plans tell you not to state your intentions in a manner that may come back to haunt you. No signs stating that you have guns and will use them to protect your property, no social media posting about two to the chest and one to the head, etc.

There are two kinds of guns that I want to be perfectly clean legally: Home protection and carry guns since those are the ones most likely to be used in a defensive situation. Having a gun for homepro/carry that is 100% guaranteed to give me legal problems in the event I ever need to use them just isn't worth it because "muh getting charged anyways". And for what, to get a gun a little cheaper? Or this particular model that's impossible to buy legally in MA? (It's not).

Your son's friend sounds like someone to emulate... :rolleyes:

OK,
Do whatever you like, clearly you're willing to accept becoming a PP in the event you have to use your firearm in a defensive situation (after you get out of jail). Again, I'm not telling you what to do or not to do, just that it's not bright, to post it in a public forum that's monitored by the AG's office. Any lawyer and all the CCW insurance plans tell you not to state your intentions in a manner that may come back to haunt you. No signs stating that you have guns and will use them to protect your property, no social media posting about two to the chest and one to the head, etc.

There are two kinds of guns that I want to be perfectly clean legally: Home protection and carry guns since those are the ones most likely to be used in a defensive situation. Having a gun for homepro/carry that is 100% guaranteed to give me legal problems in the event I ever need to use them just isn't worth it because "muh getting charged anyways". And for what, to get a gun a little cheaper? Or this particular model that's impossible to buy legally in MA? (It's not).

Your son's friend sounds like someone to emulate... :rolleyes:
OK, bend over for Maura, Feinstein, Pelosi and the rest of the antis. They all stand ready to blow Uncle Joe to sign more anti gun laws at the federal level. If you do, my advice is to study escrima. If you suck under and surrendered your firearms, at least you will have some training with edged and impact weapons. Most felons like Lil Wayne and the rest of the darkie rappers do stupid things, like smoke pot in public in downtown Manhattan with cops nearby and unlicensed guns in a bag at their feet. Easy felony bust. Flying under the radar is easy if you are not a pot smoking drug addicted moron who just begs to be busted. Do what you want. Put your balls and pecker in Maura's purse. Seems like she has you whipped really good!

I have both, and I handload for both. If you want practicality and versatility go with the tried and true 357 mag. 357 Sig is a great cartridge with a flat and fast ballistics, however ammo is VERY expensive and can be difficult to find. I have the advantage of reloading so ammo cost is not a concern. 357 mag ammo is also pricey but not near as much as 357 Sig. If you plan on shooting a lot of ammo this needs to be a primary purchase factor. I have the Ruger GP100 in 357 mag and I absolutely LOVE it, it's by far my most consistent handgun for tight shot groups that I own. I also have a Sig P226 Elite in 357 Sig and while it's a dream to shoot, I don't shoot it nearly as accurate as my GP100 . The 357 Sig is a stout caliber that kicks even with a full alloy framed handgun. My P226 is new work in progress as i've only had the handgun for about 6 months.
this info is ass backwards right now, .357 is impossible to find and .357 sig can be had multiple places.

OK,

OK, bend over for Maura, Feinstein, Pelosi and the rest of the antis. They all stand ready to blow Uncle Joe to sign more anti gun laws at the federal level. If you do, my advice is to study escrima. If you suck under and surrendered your firearms, at least you will have some training with edged and impact weapons. Most felons like Lil Wayne and the rest of the darkie rappers do stupid things, like smoke pot in public in downtown Manhattan with cops nearby and unlicensed guns in a bag at their feet. Easy felony bust. Flying under the radar is easy if you are not a pot smoking drug addicted moron who just begs to be busted. Do what you want. Put your balls and pecker in Maura's purse. Seems like she has you whipped really good!

Wow.

What kind of rappers, now?

OK,

Ohboy, we got ourselves a bonafide keyboard commando here.

Question: Do you and the missus have MA LTCs?

Wow.

What kind of rappers, now?
We do. We buy all firearms out of state. Actually, we have nothing, not one piece of real estate, not one vehicle and not one gun in our names. No bank accounts either. Irrevocable out of state trusts with our two sons as beneficiaries own every last dime. I do not even own a credit card! When I turned 18 back in 1984, I refused to register for Selective Service. Yes, we heard all the threats about mandatory federal prison, bankruptcy-level fines, and all of the rest of the hollow federal bravado. In my entire state, one person, a Jewish kid from a very wealthy Chicago suburb, went public and refused to register. He got a visit from the FBI. One person out of millions. Stand out, open mouth, challenge authorities in public with your face on TV and expect the inevitable result.
Ohboy, we got ourselves a bonafide keyboard commando here.

Quostion: Do you and the missus have MA LTCs

We do. We buy all firearms out of state. Actually, we have nothing, not one piece of real estate, not one vehicle and not one gun in our names. No bank accounts either. Irrevocable out of state trusts with our two sons as beneficiaries own every last dime. I do not even own a credit card! When I turned 18 back in 1984, I refused to register for Selective Service. Yes, we heard all the threats about mandatory federal prison, bankruptcy-level fines, and all of the rest of the hollow federal bravado. In my entire state, one person, a Jewish kid from a very wealthy Chicago suburb, went public and refused to register. He got a visit from the FBI. One person out of millions. Stand out, open mouth, challenge authorities in public with your face on TV and expect the inevitable result.
Nice set up, you probally a special agent working 4 the fed sonething lol.

No, just a long-time IT professional who believes in 2A. If I was fed, state, or local PD I would be L
I could only wish about being fed. Unfortunately, I am private sector IT professional. Feds and state employees get a 20 year full retirement. Private sector? 30 years, if you are lucky, with many companies not even offering that. Just a kick in your geezer ass out the door. Welcome to old age!

You have a MA LTC? Really? I see... so after all that carrying on about how under the radar you are you knuckle under, make nice nice with your local police chief fill out an application for a license, get fingerprinted, have a background check, your pic taken & submit to an interview & still think you didn’t bend over for Maura, Pelosi, Feinstein and the antis. Because why? You bought your gunz out of state? Yeah, you’re a regular Molon Labe badass [rofl][rofl]

No, just a long-time IT professional who believes in 2A. If I was fed, state, or local PD I would be L

I could only wish about being fed. Unfortunately, I am private sector IT professional. Feds and state employees get a 20 year full retirement. Private sector? 30 years, if you are lucky, with many companies not even offering that. Just a kick in your geezer ass out the door. Welcome to old age!
U being in IT let me ask you this. the USA goverment keep track of us using computer systems , to collect tax and to take people out if they think people are a threat to their power. Will it even possible for mao's(or putin) hacker teams to break in to us gov systems and wipe it out?like cause a server farm meltdown. I know they can hack in there and steal stuff but they can not hack in there and cause it to burn down right? If they can do that then i have to unplug my gaming computer when am not using it ,just incase :)

You have a MA LTC? Really? I see... so after all that carrying on about how under the radar you are you knuckle under, make nice nice with your local police chief fill out an application for a license, get fingerprinted, have a background check, your pic taken & submit to an interview & still think you didn’t bend over for Maura, Pelosi, Feinstein and the antis. Because why? You bought your gunz out of state? Yeah, you’re a regular Molon Labe badass [rofl][rofl]
Do you have a driver's license? You had to bend over for RMV, right? And get screwed with high MA insurance and excise taxes and inspection stickers as well. We keep our vehicles registered in Florida. No inspection, half the insurance and no excise tax. LTC is no problem. Dealt with that shit for years in Illinois (FOID required there).

Do you have a driver's license? You had to bend over for RMV, right? And get screwed with high MA insurance and excise taxes and inspection stickers as well. We keep our vehicles registered in Florida. No inspection, half the insurance and no excise tax. LTC is no problem. Dealt with that shit for years in Illinois (FOID required there).

You're the one going on about how off the grid you are, how buying guns in MA is bending over to Maura/Pelosi. etc. Did the out of State dealer you bought your Glocks from fill out a 4473 and run a background check?

All this to save a couple of bucks on Glocks you're planning to use for home protection which will guarantee criminal firearms charges if you ever have to use them. Oh, and the so the State of MA doesn't know about them because... why? If you need to use them, they'll be the first to know about them, then what?

So you paid to register & insure your car in Florida and abide by their laws & regs... you just got bent over a little less than people in MA so that's better, huh? And what's with constantly bringing up Illinios? Is that like being a lawyer where you have to repeat it to everyone so you're sure they know? Who gives a f*** about you coming from Illinois? Who moves from Illinois to MA and thinks he's any more free here than there?

You're the one going on about how off the grid you are, how buying guns in MA is bending over to Maura/Pelosi. etc. Did the out of State dealer you bought your Glocks from fill out a 4473 and run a background check?

All this to save a couple of bucks on Glocks you're planning to use for home protection which will guarantee criminal firearms charges if you ever have to use them. Oh, and the so the State of MA doesn't know about them because... why? If you need to use them, they'll be the first to know about them, then what?

So you paid to register & insure your car in Florida and abide by their laws & regs... you just got bent over a little less than people in MA so that's better, huh? And what's with constantly bringing up Illinios? Is that like being a lawyer where you have to repeat it to everyone so you're sure they know? Who gives a f*** about you coming from Illinois? Who moves from Illinois to MA and thinks he's any more free here than there?
Dude, just stop! Obviously, you are not too f***ing bright. Maura has you cowed. You are Massified. I got 10 years here to finish my IT career at my company then retirement in Florida. I had to take the transfer. In your mid-fifties, starting over is a pipe dream. I got the LTC and one renewal then adios forever. I never bought a gun from an FFL and wouldn't know a 4473 if I stumbled upon one. Wife wanted a new Glock 19 and they are impossible to purchase in MA thanks to FFLs here running scared shitless. We get what we want, one way or the other. We bought our brand-new Glocks out of state. Very simple. I dont have the time to play with polymer 80s and all these do-it-yourself kits. I know about anti-gun laws. I grew up with them, including complete handgun bans . So cry me a river! If you want to suck under to Maura's rules, your choice.

Dude, just stop! Obviously, you are not too f***ing bright. Maura has you cowed. You are Massified. I got 10 years here to finish my IT career at my company then retirement in Florida. I had to take the transfer. In your mid-fifties, starting over is a pipe dream. I got the LTC and one renewal then adios forever. I never bought a gun from an FFL and wouldn't know a 4473 if I stumbled upon one. Wife wanted a new Glock 19 and they are impossible to purchase in MA thanks to FFLs here running scared shitless. We get what we want, one way or the other. We bought our brand-new Glocks out of state. Very simple. I dont have the time to play with polymer 80s and all these do-it-yourself kits. I know about anti-gun laws. I grew up with them, including complete handgun bans . So cry me a river! If you want to suck under to Maura's rules, your choice.

We bought our brand-new Glocks out of state.

You do realize that's against federal law, (Section 922(b)(3) of title 18), and you're making that statement on a searchable forum, right?

So normally when you break a law to get around an obstacle of some sort, you just do it and go on your way.

It takes an odd duck to use his breaking of fed and state laws in internet arguments. Nobody is going to shoot his dog based on what he posted here, but there are some things you just do and shut up about.

What he's leaving out to look like more of a hardo is that he came in here before moving from FL and we all said "buy whatever handgun you fancy before you move."

I'd wager a GOAL and Comm2A membership that they just made the purchases in FL, where they may even still have residency, but are making it sound like more.

My favorite is that he bought a duty pistol and a compact for home use for him and his wife. So who gets stuck with the awkward frame and smaller mags? The wife? Also, if they're proper 'ard over there, are they running post-ban standard cap mags, or bending the knee?

My 40 mags feeds .357 perfectly fine in a G22. I have a gen 4 and zero malfunctions. My .357 barrel lives in it.
10 MM is the parent case for both 40S&W and .357SIG. There's a 0.2mm overall length difference between 40 and 357; sounds like the same magazine to me.

Suddenly, I want a Shield40 so I can put a 357SIG barrel in it in honor of @Broccoli Iglesias and @drgrant.

No issues. You just need 9mm mags so they feed correctly
My 40 mags feeds .357 perfectly fine in a G22. I have a gen 4 and zero malfunctions. My .357 barrel lives in it.
Correct. .357Sig brass diameter at its widest is the same as .40 (same base, same extractor works). A 9x19 mag would not feed as well (if it all... never tried that). Glock does make .357Sig mags, too, so if someone is starting without any mags, that is probably the way to go. I think the only real diff between .40 and .357sig mags is the follower, but really the .40 mags feed .357Sig fine. In a Glock it really is just a barrel swap. It can even be a factory barrel.

Back
Top Bottom