• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

open carry on your own property ?

Where on the license does it state it needs to be concealed? In fact, what state law says it needs to be concealed? In writing, not someones interpretation...

Where on the license does it state it needs to be concealed? In fact, what state law says it needs to be concealed? In writing, not someones interpretation...
Been covered here at nes multiple times. There is no law stating it must be concealed. Mass law on this is vague.......what MAY happen if you are ocing is a sheep calls cops on a man with gun call......they respond and u get your Ltc pulled for unsuitability for scaring the sheep......and you have technically not even broken any law. Its dumb .....we know......and live it everyvday

Been covered here at nes multiple times. There is no law stating it must be concealed. Mass law on this is vague.......what MAY happen if you are ocing is a sheep calls cops on a man with gun call......they respond and u get your Ltc pulled for unsuitability for scaring the sheep......and you have technically not even broken any law. Its dumb .....we know......and live it everyvday

If it's not illegal on the books to OC then shouldn't the sheep be notified? Shouldn't ALL the police depts send out letters informing citizens that it is not illegal and there's no need to be worried? From a legal standpoint we should be able to OC anywhere except schools and federal buildings. Or anywhere not prohibited by the property owner.

If it's not illegal on the books to OC then shouldn't the sheep be notified? Shouldn't ALL the police depts send out letters informing citizens that it is not illegal and there's no need to be worried? From a legal standpoint we should be able to OC anywhere except schools and federal buildings. Or anywhere not prohibited by the property owner.

we all agree on how things should be. Its not the statutes that are the problem IMO.
the problem is the whole "suitability" issue.
if i fart funny i can lose my LTC-A

I like reading these threads about 'adventures in the Commonwealth', where mundane activities have the potential to turn into headline news stories. [laugh]

This is a well-intended post.

*For me* carrying concealed makes more sense.

From a tactical standpoint, if there's a criminal about to commit mayhem, logically he should start by shooting any potential resistance - whether that's an armed guard e.g. during a bank robbery, or an openly-carrying citizen (any time). Why put yourself at a disadvantage by letting the bad guys know who to shoot first?

From a tactical standpoint, if there's a criminal about to commit mayhem, logically he should start by shooting any potential resistance - whether that's an armed guard e.g. during a bank robbery, or an openly-carrying citizen (any time). Why put yourself at a disadvantage by letting the bad guys know who to shoot first?

because sometimes I like to wear skin tight shirts, or maybe no shirt and still want to carry

how do you carry a firearm at the beach and still get sun if you don't OC

suns out, guns out as the saying goes

also, to the OP, host an open carry BBQ, most of NES won't come so it won't be too big

I think carrying concealed makes more sense as well, for many reasons.

Several, or one?

There was a guy carrying a pizza I forget what town, and another guy who was an attorney who was CCW and the cop was in his cruiser and could see the gun from a certain angle, even though the gun was covered by a coat. Eventually the attorney prevailed in court. Sorry but the specifics fail me. Ayoob wrote about it, and the other guy has been brought up several times. Sorry to be so vague.

Same here. I am a friendly neighborly type of fellow but that doesn't necessarily mean I want all my neighbors to know I own firearms.

THIS

I am all for open carry but I prefer to carry concealed. I don't want to bring any extra attention. Say I am mowing my lawn one day minding my own business open carrying and a low life driving by notices. Now he knows that there could be guns in the house and breaks in . This is just like when they released the addresses of the gun owners in NY last year and a couple days later those same peopel started getting their houses broken into.

Do what you want but I sleep very well at night knowing I am sitting on a arsenal and Tom Dick and Harry next door have no god damn clue

There was a guy carrying a pizza I forget what town, and another guy who was an attorney who was CCW and the cop was in his cruiser and could see the gun from a certain angle, even though the gun was covered by a coat. Eventually the attorney prevailed in court. Sorry but the specifics fail me. Ayoob wrote about it, and the other guy has been brought up several times. Sorry to be so vague.

Don't be sorry for being vague, but you should be sorry for being incomprehensible. I'm trying to figure out what is going on. So a pizza guy makes a delivery run to the court where an attorney has a gun wearing coat that a cop in a cruiser that is strangely parked inside can see from a certain angle. That doesn't make any sense so I'm assuming you mean something else entirely. What a pizza guy has to do with any of this is beyond me. I've also never met a conceal carry weapon that happened to also be an attorney. I didn't know guns could get licenses to practice law...

[wink]

You could fit a mice shooting range on 11 acres.

What do you have against mice or do you mean it would be a good range for mice to shoot? I didn't know mice were into or even capable of shooting guns...

mousegun.jpg

Nothing against mice, but plenty against typing on my i-thing! I was just going to edit my post, but it's too late now, the cat's out of the bag. Probably chasing the mice.

A lot of paranoia on this thread; of course you can OC in MA..the cops can only demand to see an LTC and once produced, gotta leave you alone. Damn thing is in a holster right? No issues....they make $h!t up there is recourse for that. I understand the caution, all kidding aside, so know what you can and cannot do legally. OC with a license is A okay.

A lot of paranoia on this thread; of course you can OC in MA..the cops can only demand to see an LTC and once produced, gotta leave you alone. Damn thing is in a holster right? No issues....they make $h!t up there is recourse for that. I understand the caution, all kidding aside, so know what you can and cannot do legally. OC with a license is A okay.

Cue the suitability crybabies in 3,2,1...

Problem is do you have the money, and time to pursue it in the courts? I think that's where most people find themselves. You may prevail in the end, but at what price. Most folks just don't have the resources to take on the system.

Is this a open carry MA group? I see NRA vs open carry MA topic soon.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Is it legal to open carry on your own property ? I have about 11 acres. some say yes , others say I could get harassed by my local P.D.

I can think of many reasons to carry concealed. I can not come up with one good one why anyone would want to display a gun thereby telling everyone you have one. I get the whole "I have a right" argument, but though we have right's to do something, that doesn't mean it is prudent to exercise them any way we can.

Dave

I can think of many reasons to carry concealed. I can not come up with one good one why anyone would want to display a gun thereby telling everyone you have one. I get the whole "I have a right" argument, but though we have right's to do something, that doesn't mean it is prudent to exercise them any way we can.

Dave

Bad guy sees armed individual and decides his crime isn't even worth it. Not every criminal is willing to murder or be killed for their crime.

Boy, that was easy.

Back
Top Bottom