• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Only Restricted Class A allowed, What do I do?

I would actually love for someone to find a way to beat this bullshit. I'd be all over that.

You could always do what the citizens of Carver did. They got a majority of the Board of Selectmen either by talking or by voting to tell the chief her contract wasn't going to be renewed. Nasty chief out and more reasonable one in.

Of course, Carver was an extreme case where the chief wasn't issuing ANY LTCs. They brought her to court only to have the court tell them that since she wasn't being biased it was her power as chief.

I remember that, Chris. It was right after Columbine, if I'm not mistaken, and the chief refused ALL permits - she wouldn't even renew existing permits. So the gun-owning residents had two choices: Sell all their guns, or move...

I would actually love for someone to find a way to beat this bullshit.
I've been debating whether a town bylaw could be passed at town meeting that would change the current policy (S&T only, unless you know someone) in my town. Has anyone tried this?

I've been debating whether a town bylaw could be passed at town meeting that would change the current policy (S&T only, unless you know someone) in my town. Has anyone tried this?

If it can be done it is a great idea, just use caution and keep in mind that if it can work one way it can work the other. You could end up with a town ordinance that states sporting only unless you can show cause. Some will say that's no worse than what you have now, but at least now you can hang some hope on your next Chief, they all die or retire eventually.

An idea...

So if it is your first time applying and you go have a sit down with the chief... how likely would it be that he would tell you that he is automatically going to put a restriction on your LTC? An idea that came through my mind is that if you aren't a home owner and you heard that, you could not bother applying in that town, rent an apartment in another town that is green for maybe 2-6 months, get your license there, and then move where ever you want after you get it.

Anyone ever tried that?

So if it is your first time applying and you go have a sit down with the chief... how likely would it be that he would tell you that he is automatically going to put a restriction on your LTC? An idea that came through my mind is that if you aren't a home owner and you heard that, you could not bother applying in that town, rent an apartment in another town that is green for maybe 2-6 months, get your license there, and then move where ever you want after you get it.

Anyone ever tried that?

It seems like an OK idea to me. I would make sure I change my drivers license to that location and get some bills and mail there for a little while before I moved on though. Whatever it takes to prove legal residence, especially physically residing there throughout the process.

An idea that came through my mind is that if you aren't a home owner and you heard that, you could not bother applying in that town, rent an apartment in another town that is green for maybe 2-6 months, get your license there, and then move where ever you want after you get it.

That wallhack DOES work, but if you have to renew in the anti
town you will almost certainly get restricted if the town is red...
they generally will not care what your old license was. So unless
you're planning on only living in an anti town for a short period of
time, doesn't make a lot of sense.

-Mike

Receive a neutered LTC Class A today!!
7 weeks 3 days, I will e-mail GOAL again about my journey thru the crappy mass permitting system....

FWIW I met today with one of Senator Brown's assistants. I explained my frustration with the unfair and discretionary licensing practices that occur from town to town, and he really did listen carefully. I know he's going to speak with the Senator and get back to me shortly, but he cautioned me about the politics in the state and how getting this system changed is most difficult with the Dems in power.

Just so you know, I was a lifelong Democrat and have been so angered about the poor presidential candidates that have been produced, the fact that I have been breaking my back to pay for welfare fraud, and most recently these 2A issues, I changed my affiliation to Independent. Nope, can't become a Republican, I still believe the world is more than 5000 years old. [laugh]

Peterpressure and WayneWong, what town(s?) do you live in? I must have missed that somewhere along the way here.

It would help everyone to know this. Thanks.

I am going to speak with Mr. Cohen next week regarding my LTC. I have had only FID since 94 and am going to try and "head off at the pass" any BS from my local PD on an LTC. They already want three reference letters. No big deal I guess. I have been in a bit of trouble eighteen years ago, nothing that disqualifies me I think. It's hard to know what to do in this state to obtain what seems to be your right. I hope it isn't going to be thousands of dollars. There is no feedback regarding my specific town. I have read over many posts on this site and it's sad to hear of all the trouble and aggravation we must put up with. Bottom line is I like to shoot and for once I'd like to exercise my rights as a citizen of the US.
I will post my results for all to read.

F
WIW I met today with one of Senator Brown's assistants. I explained my frustration with the unfair and discretionary licensing practices that occur from town to town, and he really did listen carefully. I know he's going to speak with the Senator and get back to me shortly, but he cautioned me about the politics in the state and how getting this system changed is most difficult with the Dems in power.

Scott will likely do what he can, but - as was explained to you - there is not much a Republican can do in this state.

I have had only FID since 94 and am going to try and "head off at the pass" any BS from my local PD on an LTC. They already want three reference letters. No big deal I guess. I have been in a bit of trouble eighteen years ago, nothing that disqualifies me I think. It's hard to know what to do in this state to obtain what seems to be your right.

As Jesse will almost certainly explain to you, there is no legal basis for "three letters" where the statutorily-mandated application requires a mere 2 references.

Then again, discretion IS sometimes the better part of valor.

Scrivner,
If that is a picture of you I should have you represent me. I asked you, remember? If I didn't get all I wanted I might not even care.lmao. Thanks for your posts...

Scott Brown and Rich Ross are both Pro-2d amendment. I've discussed the issue many times with both of them over the years, before either one were in office, and now.

If we had a Republican (or intelligent) senate and representitives in Mass, we could pull some weight, but like we all notice, the moonbats seem to rule the roost.

There's not much these legislators can do no matter how strongly they believe in the 2d amendment. I wonder who THEY get to sign THEIR letters of recommendation?

Scott Brown and Rich Ross are both Pro-2d amendment. I've discussed the issue many times with both of them over the years, before either one were in office, and now.

If we had a Republican (or intelligent) senate and representitives in Mass, we could pull some weight, but like we all notice, the moonbats seem to rule the roost.

There's not much these legislators can do no matter how strongly they believe in the 2d amendment. I wonder who THEY get to sign THEIR letters of recommendation?

They DON'T. There is no statutory requirement for that "letter of recommendation" BS and the recently-retired chief never claimed they were needed. Neither did either of his 2 predecessors.

Let us hope the new chief is equally enlightened and fair.

Back
Top Bottom