• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ONLY 1 LEFT 2018 OCSA Pembroke ma NEXT NOV 4th M1 Garand Clinic and Modern Military

UGLY, but accurate...

aRVg45bh.jpg

I think the scope and trigger are worth 2X more than the rest of it combined and it's not that expensive of a scope (Leupold Mark AR). Nosler CC 77's and Benchmark powder, 100 yards off the bench. Poo-say, all the way.

Dakar, you were saying something about a AK vs. AR challenge and some dust? Bring it on! (As long as my AR is upwind of your dust.)

Last edited:
UGLY, but accurate...

aRVg45bh.jpg

I think the scope and trigger are worth 2X more than the rest of it combined and it's not that expensive of a scope (Leupold Mark AR). Nosler CC 77's and Benchmark powder, 100 yards off the bench. Poo-say, all the way.

Dakar, you were saying something about a AK vs. AR challenge and some dust? Bring it on! (As long as my AR is upwind of your dust.)
I have a beat up and cracked A1 butt stock that will fit right in on that!, oh wait that's on my rifle now

Scope or optic up to 4.5x ok for CMP Modern Military class.

The rifle may have an optical sight (reflective sights are considered optical sights) with a maximum power of 4.5X installed on the receiver. Variable scopes with a maximum of 4.5X are permitted. Only commercially manufactured scopes that were produced with a maximum magnification of 4.5X and have a maximum objective lens diameter of 34 mm may be used. If an optical sight is used, the same optical sight configuration must be used in all stages of a course of fire (changing sights or sight mount configurations is not permitted). The centerline of an optical sight shall be no higher than 3.5 inches above the centerline of the bore;

the rules are a cluster f*** for example

e) Alternatively, the rifle may be equipped with issue-type metallic front and rear sights. Metallic sights, if used, must have an M16 type sight design with the rear sight in the carry handle and the front sight in standard M16 location
ok standard M16 is a 20" barrel so a carbine length rifle would be a no go correct? I don't know?
your rifle cant way more than 8.5lbs
just come shoot!!!

No one's inspecting rifles at Pembroke. If your rifle doesn't qualify you can always shoot out of class.... unless you have a muzzle brake, then leave the rifle at home and shoot a club gun :)

No one's inspecting rifles at Pembroke. If your rifle doesn't qualify you can always shoot out of class.... unless you have a muzzle brake, then leave the rifle at home and shoot a club gun :)

There's a work-around if you have a muzzle brake. You will be given the position next to the wall, with DW to your immediate left or right depending upon which wall. [laugh]

Muzzle brakes at a close quarters match do suck for anyone to your left or right, but if that's all you have just bring it.

There's a work-around if you have a muzzle brake. You will be given the position next to the wall, with DW to your immediate left or right depending upon which wall. [laugh]

Muzzle brakes at a close quarters match do suck for anyone to your left or right, but if that's all you have just bring it.
Muzzle brakes, next is the boohoo of getting hit by brass.
for the record brakes annoy the shit out of me but I hardly notice what people are doing to the left of right of me anyway.

Muzzle brakes, next is the boohoo of getting hit by brass.
for the record brakes annoy the shit out of me but I hardly notice what people are doing to the left of right of me anyway.

At Granby, a guy shooting 300 win mag with a big brake was blowing the corner of my shooting mat up off the ground and over my muzzle and face. Now THAT's annoying. I could have put a rock on that corner of my mat but I didn't want the win mag blowing the rock at me (LOL). The mat blowing over me is true...

At Granby, a guy shooting 300 win mag with a big brake was blowing the corner of my shooting mat up off the ground and over my muzzle and face. Now THAT's annoying. I could have put a rock on that corner of my mat but I didn't want the win mag blowing the rock at me (LOL). The mat blowing over me is true...
I had a brake on one of my ARs. It would pretty much nock my hat and glasses off. I was annoying myself.
The worst one is my friends 338 lapua. The brake is obnoxious! Like your experience it also nocked shit off tables and any thing not weighing a few pounds!

I think I'll load up some Nosler 168 blems for M1. .308 M1 is tempting but I have enough leftover .223's so I'll just stick with the mouse fart rifle.
during the clean out and rehab of the basement I found my WhiteOak .072" front match sight post. It will be nice to see the front post agian! need to install it soon so i can at least get a quick 50 yard zero check.!

during the clean out and rehab of the basement I found my WhiteOak .072" front match sight post. It will be nice to see the front post agian! need to install it soon so i can at least get a quick 50 yard zero check.!

What, you can see a .072"? Just kidding... I still have the original post on the '03 and it gets a bit fuzzy. Probably should order a Bill Bentz sight.

Year or so ago I bought a box of used White Oak upper parts including a barrel with a round count of ~600. Need to put that together and try it. Will leave it iron sights.

We missed all the rain for the last match, though I drove into some big rain on the way home. Looks like there's some in the forecast this Sunday as well. Doesn't bother me if the ugly-@ss AR or the Special get wet.

What, you can see a .072"? Just kidding... I still have the original post on the '03 and it gets a bit fuzzy. Probably should order a Bill Bentz sight.

Year or so ago I bought a box of used White Oak upper parts including a barrel with a round count of ~600. Need to put that together and try it. Will leave it iron sights.

We missed all the rain for the last match, though I drove into some big rain on the way home. Looks like there's some in the forecast this Sunday as well. Doesn't bother me if the ugly-@ss AR or the Special get wet.
I don't have far to drive so I will be there rain or shine.
if it's iffy I may bring the 513t and check to see if the signature rings gave me enough elevation ? If not it's nap time.
been up late every night trying to get things done in the basement STILL.

just installed my NM .072" front sight on my A2. no wonder I cant hit the target that pin was .045"

I also just noticed compass lake makes a .100" !:rolleyes:
heres a ok picture of the difference
Front Sight Post, National Match Taper - $10.00 : Compass Lake Engineering, Best choice of weapons and accessories

Have fun at your pussy gun match and post results; I’m over here in germany.
I did not think to load enough 308 for the season before I packed my reloading room wall to wall with stuff as I do the basement work.
I can hardly get my rifles. The AR is in a different location and I have some PPU 55 grain to use. Unless I come across something when I go through the boxes I dragged out of storage yesterday.

For once, my overseas work trip comes after a match- I go to Portugal next week. Jet lag and mostly the tired eyes are a bad formula for good shooting.

I did not think to load enough 308 for the season before I packed my reloading room wall to wall with stuff as I do the basement work.
I can hardly get my rifles. The AR is in a different location and I have some PPU 55 grain to use. Unless I come across something when I go through the boxes I dragged out of storage yesterday.

I'm getting short on .308. I have a ton of Nosler 168's but really prefer 155's in the M1A. Better go check my .223's I loaded late last year. I had a batch that were catching in the mags and they would need to be shortened a tad...

Alas wont be able to make it, ill be there for the next, bummed i wont get to see all those M1A.

I think this match will have invasion of the mouse-fart guns, so you won't miss that many M1A's. Hope you can make the next one & nice shooting at the last one you attended.

Back
Top Bottom