• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ONLY 1 LEFT 2018 OCSA Pembroke ma NEXT NOV 4th M1 Garand Clinic and Modern Military

Thanks Mountain! Which match do people usually bring M1a's to?

Modern Military, like today.

Poo-say gun shot well, 100-1x, 98-2x, but a crappy shooting plus a miss in off-hand killed it for me. I don't know the results in Modern Military- I figure 3rd is best I can do if someone makes a mistake. My excuse is lack of sleep. Hit some stop and go traffic on the way home and actually fell asleep in the truck for a moment while traffic was stopped.

Good turn-out, and Franco was back to get the gold in JC Garand. Mac, I think you grabbed the silver?

DW sends his congrats from Germany. Says he made the finals in the dance-off:
N5ZC327V_400x400.jpeg

Last edited:
Have fun at your pussy gun match and post results; I’m over here in germany.

It was a good time as per the usual. I don't know what the results were, but my '65 Anniston Arsenal Winchester rebuild got its first shots finally and although it needs some work, it shot really well, I think.

I took the NPap AK to the showdown and my buddy Pat (OMFGrubert) took his FN-49 Egyptian in 8mm. Neither one of us even knew if we'd hit paper at 200yds, but still gave it the old 'college try' with...ummm...results. not sure how to classify them, but they were nevertheless results.

We took turns picking lovely little wildflowers for each other and we danced in the fields of them down range during cease fires.

Another last minute request...any chance anyone has an 8mm Mauser stripper clip they can bring along so Pat can use his FN49 Hadji rifle.
you know i found those clips you where looking for shortly after i left. They where in the door panel pocket in my truck. I must have tossed them there after the last vintage match.

It was a good time as per the usual. I don't know what the results were, but my '65 Anniston Arsenal Winchester rebuild got its first shots finally and although it needs some work, it shot really well, I think.

I took the NPap AK to the showdown and my buddy Pat (OMFGrubert) took his FN-49 Egyptian in 8mm. Neither one of us even knew if we'd hit paper at 200yds, but still gave it the old 'college try' with...ummm...results. not sure how to classify them, but they were nevertheless results.

We took turns picking lovely little wildflowers for each other and we danced in the fields of them down range during cease fires.
A little long winded but heres a decent video on sling set up. Go to about 6min 30 secound for start of sling set up.
your going to need some time getting used to it. Also that biothane holds tight so get used to that also. Needs a little extra "tugging" to get in and out of it. Write down your hole locations.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V80JyfZ4gBQ&t=773s

Modern Military, like today.

Poo-say gun shot well, 100-1x, 98-2x, but a crappy shooting plus a miss in off-hand killed it for me. I don't know the results in Modern Military- I figure 3rd is best I can do if someone makes a mistake. My excuse is lack of sleep. Hit some stop and go traffic on the way home and actually fell asleep in the truck for a moment while traffic was stopped.

Good turn-out, and Franco was back to get the gold in JC Garand. Mac, I think you grabbed the silver?

DW sends his congrats from Germany. Says he made the finals in the dance-off:
N5ZC327V_400x400.jpeg
i would be surprised if i took silver shot a 274 JCG match.
my score card was missing for MM....i suspect shananigans!
I think i shot clean on SP and a 96 in RP off hand was not to bad i kept a lot of thd shots in the black with a X or 2 for luck.

i would be surprised if i took silver shot a 274 JCG match.
my score card was missing for MM....i suspect shananigans!
I think i shot clean on SP and a 96 in RP off hand was not to bad i kept a lot of thd shots in the black with a X or 2 for luck.

Someone added up your Garand score as 284, but you are correct that it was 274.

LOL, I don't know where your MM scorecard went but I found it later. Your MM: 100-3, 94-1, 90-0, for a (non) garand total of 284-4. Nice shooting.

Someone added up your Garand score as 284, but you are correct that it was 274.

LOL, I don't know where your MM scorecard went but I found it later. Your MM: 100-3, 94-1, 90-0, for a (non) garand total of 284-4. Nice shooting.
Thanks that .072" front sight really helped and my eyes where seeing better in the second round. I fit the AR better over all vs the M1 so that helps also. Now if we an get a rule change to have M1 front sight thickness increased to .100" !

A little long winded but heres a decent video on sling set up. Go to about 6min 30 secound for start of sling set up.
your going to need some time getting used to it. Also that biothane holds tight so get used to that also. Needs a little extra "tugging" to get in and out of it. Write down your hole locations.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V80JyfZ4gBQ&t=773s

i've tried to watch that video probably 5 times but the beginning kills it for me. now that I have a reference point i'll look at it again when i'm sober. i'll let Pat know about the stripper clips because i don't think he checks the forums much. do you want to sell them?

Last edited:
i've tried to watch that video probably 5 times but the beginning kills it for me. now that I have a reference point i'll look at it again when i'm sober. i'll let Pat know about the stripper clips because i don't think he checks the forums much. do you want to sell them?
I will figure out where i got mine. Also have pat check gun boards IIRC the hakim has quirky way to insert the clips.
Found it

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VYb-Wwq2w4

im pretty sure those clips i had would work. Those are swede clips and they seem to work in just about every thing 8mm?

Don't those Hakim's have a regular mag?

The other guy with a Hakim was next to me. DAMN that thing was loud with that brake. Next time he comes we have to ask Rich to put him next to Franco [laugh]. Somehow I was able to time my shots so that I didn't get hit with the blast while pulling the trigger. The flash hider on Pat's wasn't so bad as far as I could determine.

A question related to mags:

For vintage military, is a stripper clip reload mandatory or can mags (if featured) be swapped- such as for a K31?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Don't those Hakim's have a regular mag?

The other guy with a Hakim was next to me. DAMN that thing was loud with that brake. Next time he comes we have to ask Rich to put him next to Franco [laugh]. Somehow I was able to time my shots so that I didn't get hit with the blast while pulling the trigger. The flash hider on Pat's wasn't so bad as far as I could determine.

A question related to mags:

For vintage military, is a stripper clip reload mandatory or can mags (if featured) be swapped- such as for a K31?
I think it was designed to be loaded by clips. Like the K31 and enfields. Even though the mags are detachable not designed for reloads. I think at one time enfields where attached by a langard to the rifle?
found this

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1yKY6u_YQg

Last edited:
NEXT CMP MATCH AT OCSA PEMBROKE JULY 8th
M1 and VINTAGE RILFE
SEE POST #1 FOR DETAILS AND LINKS TO FLYERS

Just wanted to thank the organizers and all the seasoned competitors who helped me out on Sunday

This was my first time shooting a Garand (or in a match for that matter) and the group was unbelievably accommodating to us novice shooters.

I'll definitely be back for more!

A not too bad 264 total:
Slow prone 90-1
Rapid prone 95-1
Standing 79-1 (with a miss... pretty sure I smoked the wrong target somewhere in the middle of the string... sorry!)

Just wanted to thank the organizers and all the seasoned competitors who helped me out on Sunday

This was my first time shooting a Garand (or in a match for that matter) and the group was unbelievably accommodating to us novice shooters.

A not too bad 264 total:
Slow prone 90-1
Rapid prone 95-1
Standing 79-1 (with a miss... pretty sure I smoked the wrong target somewhere in the middle of the string... sorry!)
glad you had fun and nice to see you post a good score. If you used a club gun they are more than capable of posting good scores.
Next match is M1 and Vintage . I dont know what im shooting.
Like to redeem myself with the k98 last time i flunked with it.
or the enfield with HXP 303 ? I never shot the enfield in a match so its due.

Yes, I shot a club rifle with the club ammo and it was great. That trigger was smooooooooth.

A not too bad 264 total:
Slow prone 90-1
Rapid prone 95-1

Nice shooting! We had a good turnout, and seems like there are more new shooters so far this season as compared to last. We really want to see the CMP 'games' matches grow or at least remain active. Glad you plan to return but fair warning this stuff is addictive and will take a bite out of your wallet once you start gearing up. [smile]

People aren't kidding when they say the club M1's are great.

If you enjoyed it, think about coming to this if you have a rifle:

New England Games - Civilian Marksmanship Program

Probably would not be too difficult to arrange for a loaner if you needed one.

Nice shooting! We had a good turnout, and seems like there are more new shooters so far this season as compared to last. We really want to see the CMP 'games' matches grow or at least remain active. Glad you plan to return but fair warning this stuff is addictive and will take a bite out of your wallet once you start gearing up. [smile]

People aren't kidding when they say the club M1's are great.

If you enjoyed it, think about coming to this if you have a rifle:

New England Games - Civilian Marksmanship Program

Probably would not be too difficult to arrange for a loaner if you needed one.
also nice to see some non typical arms show up. The Hakim's where nice to see along with a AK
i might bring one of my SKS to the next modern mil match, although its going to be hard not to take the 308 M1

CMP Special showed up today. 4.6 million HRA with mostly SA parts. Receiver is in excellent shape but It’s bone dry and rough as hell compared to the club rifle I shot.

I broke it down to treat the stock with Pure Tung Oil and want to turn it over to Franc(o)? For a tune up.

What’s the best way to get in touch with him?

Check the front sight... right side practically vertical... not great for leading runners! I asked CMP to replace. 5CB03446-65EA-45FD-8874-FEEC769FB00E.jpeg

CMP Special showed up today. 4.6 million HRA with mostly SA parts. Receiver is in excellent shape but It’s bone dry and rough as hell compared to the club rifle I shot.

I broke it down to treat the stock with Pure Tung Oil and want to turn it over to Franc(o)? For a tune up.

What’s the best way to get in touch with him?

Check the front sight... right side practically vertical... not great for leading runners! I asked CMP to replace. View attachment 236884

What, you get a new CMP rifle and only send a pic of the sight? Lifetime ban offense!

LOL, moar pics.

Hey folks- whatcha bringing for vintage rifle?

Can't decide whether to bring K31 or 1917 Eddystone. Maybe will have a shoot off between the two and decide. Mostly I need to break in the new M1 barrel, so if I'm short on time it will be the K31.

I may be able to make this one. If I can I'll probably bring my Swedish Mauser. I need to finish working up some loads for it, though I have a good idea of what the Swede likes.

Can't decide whether to bring K31 or 1917 Eddystone. Maybe will have a shoot off between the two and decide. Mostly I need to break in the new M1 barrel, so if I'm short on time it will be the K31.
Im tossed between the K31 which is the best vintage class rifle i have with the chance of posting a score.
i also never shot my Enfield in a match yet. It should hold the black. Then there is a part of me that seeks redemption on the 8mm mauser

I, too am torn between my tried and true 600yd X-ring dinging K31, or my newly beloved Winchester Model of 1917 (with the original barrel, I might add). I'm pretty impressed with the Winny so far and I'm just really taken aback by the fact that I never even knew what the hell they were until dw bought his last year.

Im tossed between the K31 which is the best vintage class rifle i have with the chance of posting a score.
i also never shot my Enfield in a match yet. It should hold the black. Then there is a part of me that seeks redemption on the 8mm mauser

Eddystones vs. Enfields sounds like fun :D

the 'Sgt. York Challenge'!

I, too am torn between my tried and true 600yd X-ring dinging K31, or my newly beloved Winchester Model of 1917 (with the original barrel, I might add). I'm pretty impressed with the Winny so far and I'm just really taken aback by the fact that I never even knew what the hell they were until dw bought his last year.

Eddystones vs. Enfields sounds like fun :D

the 'Sgt. York Challenge'!
the k31 is out..... i was supposed to pick up 500 rounds of gp11 today. When out of no where a bunch of debris comes out from the underside of the car in front of me.
Took out 2 tires, one sensor and when trying to get off to the side of the highway dinged the inside rim hard....fun stuff.
So i caught a large hunk of plastic with metal hanging off it in the sidewall (seen that in my mirror before it fell out.) Then at the shop seen another hunk in the front tire.
iDyAzQb.jpg

the other tires are worn enough that i need to do all 4.... even at my cost it sucked up more than i expected.
So no ammo and the 308 work will be put on hold also.

Damn, Mac! Glad you’re ok though and the kids weren’t in the truck?

Who the heck has 500 rounds of GP11 for sale? Never mind, don’t tell me because I really should be buying more of anything right now.

So Model of 1917’s vs. Mausers? It’ll be like WWI all over again...except no one is shooting at each other...or dying...ok, so it will be nothing like WWI.

Anyone feel like carpooling with me out to no mans land?

Back
Top Bottom