• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

online gun sales

Life's too short to deal with curmudgeony shops. When I was in MA it was a quick call to the shop I used to verify they'd transfer it, and a $30 fee.
In NH the FFL I use charges $20 and says order whatever you want and just email him so he can send his FFL. I emailed him on Christmas and the selling FFL confirmed receipt of license on Dec 26. Shops that charge more than $30 in my opinion are showing that they view transfers as inconvenient, undesirable, or know their prices are so noncompetitive they need to recoup the money and/or compel you to buy their product. For a $30 fee, if you have an employee doing nothing but one transfer an hour for a 40 hour work week you'd take in $62,400, which I assume is more than most counter employees make per year. It seems reasonable to me.

North Shore's website says they charge $80 to transfer "if you insist on buying it elsewhere." To me it's very clear you either pay their markup and buy it in store, or they don't want your business. No sane person is going to pay $80 to transfer, so they effectively don't do transfers.

$35 is about as much as I'd pay for a transfer. I'd maybe pay $40 if the shop is convenient or otherwise exceptional. States like CA that have other transfer hoops to jump through could charge more and I would say that's fair.

I'm all for supporting local businesses but it's not a blanket justification to charge $50+ for a transfer fee.

I like your math - it's dead on.

Doing Transfers is such easy money.

No Ordering Stock, No Financing Stock, No carrying Inventory - it's a dream come true ! Or should be.

And I'm holdin' hands with you. $35 is fair. $40 and I will look elsewhere next time.

$80 - [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom