One Million AR-15 Magazines On Backorder

Knob Creek

NES Member
Get them in the stores for Christmas

According to the gun review site, "Haus of Guns," backorders for the Magpul AR-15 30-round magazine ("PMAG") have surpassed one million.

In a Facebook post dated today, January 9, Haus of Guns writes the following:

"Had breakfast with a buddy who has reasonably close ties to the Magpul family. Word is the great PMAG panic backorder of 2012/13 has topped 1 million at Magpul HQ."

Magpul is a designer and manufacturer of firearms accessories. The PMAG is one of their most popular products. It is a 30-round magazine designed for the AR-15 semi-automatic rifle.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/panic-one-million-ar-15-magazines-backorder

Good thing I stocked up every time I went to Rileys over the last year. Bought one or two every month. I'm rockin 18 Pmags right now. 15 are loaded.

I ordered some once the reports in CT said "Bushmaster".

I tried to order some the next day and they were sold out. I might have a top-slot backorder though. Hopefully.

Now they are never going to put out a magpul case for the iPhone 5 :(
Been holding out...

Seems that company should hire some more folks and keep that mag producing machine going 24/7.

They already added a third shift last quarter. So they've been 24x7 for at least three months.

I've had a couple of PMAGs on backorder since the 23rd. Maybe I'll get them some time next year.[laugh]

23rd of what? Rumor has it that the ones that were ordered in December might be available as early for shipment by March.

Probably a good idea to submit a second, third or forth order in to get on the list. Especially if a mag ban is put into play (thinking a 2014 date-of-manuf might be the threshold).

They already added a third shift last quarter. So they've been 24x7 for at least three months.

23rd of what? Rumor has it that the ones that were ordered in December might be available as early for shipment by March.

Probably a good idea to submit a second, third or forth order in to get on the list. Especially if a mag ban is put into play (thinking a 2014 date-of-manuf might be the threshold).

23rd of December.

I don't think there will be any ban, I just wanted some more mags and didn't wanna wait forever.

I went with the metal mags at brownells, I figured if I had to wait I might as well wait for something good.

Im just kicking myself for not buying more beta C mags.

Back
Top Bottom