OMHTF when You're at Work

I drive around in a company vehicle all day, and I've thought about this a little bit. In a major shtf event (nuke, biological attack, DNC coming to town( ;) )) , where safety was a concern, I'd just take off in it I think if I had to.

I work from home 90% of the time, so will most likely be here. For true SHTF, I'd probably sit here wondering what happened to my 'Net connection and radio/TV signal.

I think the real problem in a SHTF scenario is finding out what's going on. A storm or hurricane type disaster would likely have some sort of warning so you know what's coming in some form. An immediate, unforecasted problem that's SHTF-level will most likely knock out communications. I do have supplies at home to survive without going to a store for a while.

If there is no comms and I see chaos and disorder around me that means that help s not coming. So start shooting and ask questions later.

Blitz1 defines SHTF as having less than a case of beer on a Friday night.
[rofl] No I dont think so but its humorous. Id think it just be total chaos. My lil stone bunkers already kept as best as I can, although my iodine pills are out of date. [wink] Realistically the east coast is so heavily populated it'd be the first strike of any other nations aggression. I fear our .gov screwing people worse. Unless we do not pay our chinese debt back!

IBTL, gotta end soon GS dropped out cause people wer making fun of his OP. IT was fun and do people reall make fun or a least make light of stuff that scares them and they can't admit it?

BOOOOOOOOHAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

It's 27 miles from work to home via highway, 38 via back roads and if it's really bad, 22 miles via road/trail/railroad bed. I can't carry on the premises at work and don't feel comfortable leaving it locked in the car. However I do keep a backpack in the car with warm clothes, enough food/water to last a day or so and some gear including a small shovel (it's a rwd two seater convertible, enough said). One thing I need to work on is carrying some cash on me as I tend to only have $5-10 at any given time (I blame that on the wife and two kids).

Fitz

Who's GS?

gary_sinise_240.jpg

Get home to my family.

I've also been practicing shooting at moving targets for when that day comes by playing Cabela's Dangerous hunts.

Go to my truck grab my G19 and my keltec sub2000 and head to the hills.
I don't think you'll find too many doors that need to be held open badly enough to carry the keltech. [laugh]

I like the former California Governor's take on this:

Ahnold said:
[C]rush your enemies, see them driven before you, and ... hear the lamentation of their women.

[rofl2]

my jeep is stocked for just such an occasion.
and my boss (me!) lets me carry in work.
LOL

get a musket and a tomahawk and go Patriot on everyone.

you know whats messed up? i asked everyone at work if they were in a desert island with all their co-workers, who would they kill first. The answers i got where f-ed up

edited: to fix my misspell.

Last edited:
Well since I've carried at almost every job I've ever had, I'd asses the situation as to whether it would be best to hidebon a room and cover the entrance or try to help put.

Don

ps. Every job I've ever had had a workplace violence policy prohibiting employees from having any weapons at work. None of the places had a general prohibition on firearms in the building. So while I was risking my job, I was not breaking the law

Well since I've carried at almost every job I've ever had, I'd asses the situation as to whether it would be best to hidebon a room and cover the entrance or try to help put.

Don

ps. Every job I've ever had had a workplace violence policy prohibiting employees from having any weapons at work. None of the places had a general prohibition on firearms in the building. So while I was risking my job, I was not breaking the law
Some states have gone so far as to write laws saying they can't stop you, but a contract is a contract (i.e. at-will employment means they can fire you for violating the terms of the contract), so its a bit of a messy line, but there you go...

Certainly ups the stakes for a "wardrobe malfunction." [wink]

I only pocket carry if I'm going against company policy, and only in dress pants with deep pockets. I don't want to take a chance on an IWB or something like that.

I also used to carry in college under similar circumstances. Again, there was a policy against students with weapons, but no general "no guns on campus" rule, and no buildings were marked. I lived in a bad neighborhood in New Haven in the late 80s. Crack ruled the street. It came down to a pretty simple risk reward decision. (CT law does not prohibit handguns on college campuses. Just K-12)

But it goes both ways. Just this week I was carrying a 1911. It wasn't terribly well concealed. I live in a nice safe town and I had to go into the post office. In that analysis, I stashed the gun in a secret hiding place in the car before I went in. The gun was off my person for about 3 minutes.

I didn't like it, but I have to stay within the law at all times at this point in my life. (a 1 year old and a 3 year old counting on me being around)
Civil disobedience will come after college is paid for.

Last edited:
You know, I wanted to improve my first aid knowledge after this comment was made. I'd like to say that I have not only learned why what I said was wrong, but I am now a certified Mass EMT and hope you'll change your mind about me. :)
Admitting your were wrong is a good step, copping to MA credentials is headed the wrong way. [laugh]

I have a safe built into my desk only I know the combo to. What's in there should be plenty to help me get home to the real hardware should something SHTFish go down.

Back
Top Bottom