• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OMG please talk me out of this. (Gun cleaning mat)

If I win the mega millions, I am buying the $200 cleaning mat and paying someone a livable wage with benefits and 401K matching just to clean my guns.

That is how much I hate cleaning guns.

With the exception of beautiful wood stocks.
I enjoy cleaning.

What I enjoy less is spending money on cleaning stuff.

I have a workbench dedicated to guns and covered with a 3/8" thick piece of white UHMW. I clean and work on guns on that. I wipe it down when I'm done. Pretty rare now that a gun gets more than a few swipes with a bore snake, a quick wipe down, and some lubricant at critical points. If I get a gun truly dirty, like mud/sand/blood/schmoo dirty, I'll lean it against the garage when I wash my truck and it gets the foam cannon and some meguiars wash n wax, maybe a blow dry with the leaf blower lol

So, you spent $200 on a cleaning mat?
No, I purchased a cheaper version I found for $69, with a birthday gift card, the point of birthday gift is to get something you wouldn't normally buy yourself.....
Update here
I was comparing to the original (which I don't have) and thought it's not a bad gift idea for others, especially for those hard to find for significant others.

I might buy my wife one, with my initials on, so she never forgets who bought it ;)

Harry

Just wear it in the shower and then put some oil on it… Even if there’s ammo in it it doesn’t matter

Back
Top Bottom