olt revolver dillema

Status
Not open for further replies.

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
As a b'day gift, a co-worker gave me a Colt 1862 police revolver, .36 cal., 4 1/2 in. round bbl with the NY address. Serial no. 7226 seems to put it in 1861 first year production. The gun is as tight as a drum, no movement anywhere, walnut grip looks like new, bore is very good and the all matching serial nos and other markings are nice and sharp. No corrosion, but all the blueing gone. It needs a main spring which I could probably find or make. I have no interest in shooting or selling the gun and want to keep it in the family. To replace the spring to make the gun functional I would have to take it apart. It looks like not one screw has ever been turned, so do I want to strip down a gun that hasn't been molested in 155 years? What do you think? Jack.

I would hand it over to Colt to repair and let them determine the risk level in fixing it.

The right size screwdriver, a six pack, some good lighting, and a work Matt… Don't be a pussy there more fun when you can pull him a back and they go click

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom