• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Olight recall on M2R Pro and Warrior Mini

CatSnoutSoup

NES Member
I know a lot of people around here own Olight stuff. In case you didn't get a notice from Olight they are recalling all M2R Pro (all versions) and Warrior Mini flashlights due to the potential to turn on in a holster or pocket causing a burn/fire risk.

They do not specifically say but I suspect it is the tail switch as I have sat my M2R Pro Warrior on the tail and had it come on.

I am going to keep mine as I do not think there is a big risk the way I generally use it, and besides I got it for $35 off at the time in 2019 and they are using your receipt for refund or store credit.

Anyway here is the info for anyone affected.

US Consumer Product Safety Commision notice

Olight recall details

🔦🐯🔦

I believe this is old news (didn’t click link) unless this another one. Big plight fan here!!

A friend traded his olight in with the rear button for the same reason, and was handsomely rewarded with a brand new upgraded model and some other nice goodies, free. Their customer service is top notch. Based on my friends experience, I highly recommend that you trade it in. Wish I had a recalled olight!! I’m a s2r baton guy. Nothing compares. I’ve left it stuck to a steel beam at a job site (or my helper did) went back a day and a half later and it was still on!!!

Olight has contacted me in the past to send me free stuff so I can post reviews. I won't do it, their stuff is unreliable.

Olight has contacted me in the past to send me free stuff so I can post reviews. I won't do it, their stuff is unreliable.
Really? I’ve been o lighting for a while with good results....

I carry an S2R baton II or whatever the F it’s called. awesome little light. Tons of functionality. Perfect size. But as you note my experience has not proven it 100% reliable. It rarely refuses to turn on. The 18650 has to be disconnected then reconnected. It’s only done it like half a dozen times in the past 3 years but that’s half a dozen more times than a surefire or any other quality light.

the Chinese flashlights are ultimately still Chinese.

I also own a warrior or whatever the baton with a tail switch. also nifty. I’m not sending it in for recall.…will keep it.

My warrior mini gave me a really deep burn while in my pocket. It took months for it to heal. I returned the light and they sent me another one, but no upgrades were included. The new light gets just as hot as the old one, and I won't carry it in a front pocket any more.

I carry an S2R baton II or whatever the F it’s called. awesome little light. Tons of functionality. Perfect size. But as you note my experience has not proven it 100% reliable. It rarely refuses to turn on. The 18650 has to be disconnected then reconnected. It’s only done it like half a dozen times in the past 3 years but that’s half a dozen more times than a surefire or any other quality light.

the Chinese flashlights are ultimately still Chinese.

I also own a warrior or whatever the baton with a tail switch. also nifty. I’m not sending it in for recall.…will keep it.
I wanted to like them. They just fail way too often.

I have three OLIGHTs
  • S2R II 1150 Lumens EDC
  • Odin Mini 1250 Lumens Ultra
  • I5T EOS 300 Lumens Slim EDC
The Odin is gun mounted.
The I5T is handy around the house and for a small EDC flashlight.
The S2R II is the new version with a side switch. Stays in my coat pocket or next to the front door for taking the dog out at night.

Announced yesterday.

🐯
Ok. So this isn’t the first recall. ☹️

I know myself and many other tradesmen ‘EDC’ various olights for mainly business purposes. You’d be amazed how well these things can light up a poorly lit, rarely thought about corner of an industrial building (that’s where I generally have to be).

I’m really pissed if these guys aren’t MAGA. This really sucks.

The i3T has been decent and I have use it every night for the past 8 months walking the dogs- no issues in all types of weather. It’s not high end but good for $20. I rather the wife and kids grab that than one of my stream lights 😉

The recall doesn't affect the Warrior Mini 2, apparently. From Olight: "Consumers can choose to receive a replacement flashlight from Olight. The replacement model will be a Warrior Mini 2."

@Admin can you elaborate on your unreliability claim?
I had two of the batons and they stopped working completely in less than 12 months. Their rail mounted lights are garbage too, I've seen them come flying off the peasants guns while shooting at the range. There is a reason why they are so cheap.

"Our best-in-class flashlights, hands-free lights, and WeaponLights are also designed, machined, tested, and assembled in the U.S., but if even one component of our products is entirely or substantially made abroad, we cannot legally mark it as “Made in the U.S.A.” In today’s competitive global economy, and given our mission of ensuring our best-in-class illumination products continue to stay that way, it’s not possible to source every component from within the U.S. We do import a few components – most notably, the finest light-emitting diodes (LEDs) from top-notch manufacturers outside the country – to incorporate into our products." -- Surefire.

Even your favorite Surefire doesn't make their lights from US parts anymore lol. It's "Assembled in the USA from foreign parts" just like Maverick 88 shotties.

"Our best-in-class flashlights, hands-free lights, and WeaponLights are also designed, machined, tested, and assembled in the U.S., but if even one component of our products is entirely or substantially made abroad, we cannot legally mark it as “Made in the U.S.A.” In today’s competitive global economy, and given our mission of ensuring our best-in-class illumination products continue to stay that way, it’s not possible to source every component from within the U.S. We do import a few components – most notably, the finest light-emitting diodes (LEDs) from top-notch manufacturers outside the country – to incorporate into our products." -- Surefire.

Even your favorite Surefire doesn't make their lights from US parts anymore lol. It's "Assembled in the USA from foreign parts" just like Maverick 88 shotties.
Different manufacturing specs/QC. I don't like chinese crap, but just because it comes from china doesn't necessarily make it garbage. Hard to avoid electronics being made overseas. Sounds like Surefire still makes the tube/body. Probably not enough to get it to say made in USA. Plus, dealing with surefire, you are dealing with a US company, support is great.

Back to specs and QC, there is a reason while olight are cheap, they design it to last the warranty-that's it. I've seen olights at the range fail, I have friends that had olights take a shitter. But, they are cheaper, and when they have recalls, their support is awesome. Almost sounds like a vortex ad.

I didn't read any of the details or any other posts in this thread.
I'm just here to say olight is pure garbage. Stop buying garbage that your life might depend on or might blow off your junk and burn your house down.

Back
Top Bottom