• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Old Town Man Sentenced for Possessing Short-Barreled Shotgun

BANGOR, Maine: An Old Town man was sentenced in federal court today for possessing an unregistered firearm. The shotgun was not registered to him in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record (NFRTR). Federal law prohibits the possession of an unregistered weapon made from a shotgun if the modified weapon has a barrel less than 18 inches in length or an overall length of less than 26 inches. U.S. District Judge Lance E. Walker sentenced Stephen Warren, 38, to four years and two months in prison and two years of supervised release.

By my math he did not do the 30 years
BANGOR, Maine — A bail check Friday at a Hermon home led to the arrest of four people who allegedly were found divvying up bath salts with an estimated street value of more than $1 million, according to information made public Tuesday at the Penobscot Judicial Center.

Arthur Coy, 49, and Elizabeth Fuentes, 29, both of Houston; Leonard Wells, 53, of Hermon and Greenbush; and Stephen Warren, 29, of Corinth were charged with aggravated trafficking in synthetic hallucinogenic drugs, a Class A crime.

Coy, Fuentes and Warren made their first appearances Tuesday at the Penobscot Judicial Center. None of them entered pleas.

Wells was released Saturday from the Penobscot County Jail on $50,000 cash bail, Tracy Lacher, assistant district attorney for Penobscot County, told Superior Court District Judge William Anderson.

She said that deputies with the Penobscot County sheriff’s office went to a home owned by Wells at 6 New Boston Rd. in Hermon at about 6 p.m. Friday to make sure he was complying with bail conditions.

Wells is scheduled to go on trial next month on one count of Class B burglary and one count of Class C theft in connection with a break-in at a Greenfield home in August, according to the Penobscot County district attorney’s office. He was free on $3,000 cash bail.

Coy obtained bath salts in China, imported them to the United States and distributed them in Maine through Wells, Lacher said Tuesday.

Anderson set bail for Coy at $300,000 cash.

“The police walked in on a situation where he and other people were dividing up a fairly obscene quantity of drug, the street value of which was estimated at over a million dollars,” Anderson said in setting the high bail.

The judge set bail for Fuentes, described as Coy’s girlfriend by the prosecutor, at $50,000 cash and at $75,000 cash for Warren, who is Wells’ stepson.

More details about the case were not available after Tuesday’s hearing because the affidavit was sealed. Penobscot County Sheriff Glenn Ross declined Tuesday afternoon to comment on the case.

Lacher said that the Maine Drug Enforcement Agency has been asked to assist in the investigation after the four were arrested.

Coy, Fuentes and Warren remained Tuesday night at the Penobscot County Jail, unable to make bail.

All four people charged are scheduled to appear in court again on March 7.

If convicted of drug trafficking, they face up to 30 years in prison and a fine of up to $50,000.

"According to court records, on September 8, 2020, Stephen Warren, 37, was pulled over by the Old Town Police. He was issued a summons for operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license and served with a protection order. Warren was told not to operate his car due to his suspended license. He ignored this order, however, and drove away from the area. Officers attempted to stop him again, but he failed to stop and a brief pursuit occurred before he was eventually stopped and arrested.

A subsequent inventory search of Warren’s car revealed a short-barreled shotgun without a serial number that was not registered to him in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record (NFRTR)."

Possessory "crimes" suck. Clearly, laws were not deterrent in this case. Sounds like, had the guy just called a cab/Uber and had somebody else drive his car home, he’d have gotten off. With a Protective Order served and an alleged pursuit, the shotgun was probably the pretense to put him away for other reasons.

Fifty-months jail and 2yr probabtion will probably be cut to home confinement due to Omicron COVID. He’ll catch up to whomever that protective order was about, I suspect.

I own this beautiful monstrosity from 1995 on the right, the thing is so dumb i love it. Perfect bedside shotgun, i have others in all barrel/stock sizes. I originally wanted a shockwave but it seems the only way to get one is private sale/transfer, and people mark them up like glocks, so this seems to work ok aside from the safety/release being on the wrong side, gives you an extra quarter section to make sure you want to remove someones kindneys in your doorway i guess.
268453263_10166125484975088_2472461078700733705_n.jpg

Miller was wrongly decided by a bunch of Progtard justices. This would be a great case to determine whether 2A can be limited by the types of "arms".

Another victimless crime punished with jail time. .gov has the persecution thing down to a science.
The government hates that it can’t take away the plebeians guns, so it prosecutes anything gun related as hard as it can to scare you out of owning one.

Eventually they will all be banned, it’s just a matter of time. Meanwhile, they do this to limit the odds of an uprising,

Back
Top Bottom