• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OK, this is not OK. New forum freaks me out.

IT WASN"T BROKE AND DIDN'T NEED FIXIN.. Haven't seen one web/search site that was changed that is worth cow dung. This one included. When it came up the first rime I thought my monitor went to hell.

To address your point, and the myriad other people that posted the same or similar thing - the old forum *was* broke - it had been end-of-life'd years ago and was no longer receiving security updates. I was spending hours every week fighting off hack attempts, and it just wasn't feasible to maintain. Out of the options available to us, this was the one that presented the best set of features and the best outlook for the future.

I understand a lot of you are frustrated with the change, but in the IT world, you can't just leave well-enough alone, and there's a lot of things going on behind the scenes that made this necessary. There's going to be a little bit of getting used to the new things, but it's not the end of the world.

Dangit, had to pick Xenforo to use, didn't you?

Xenforo is slow as shit and only marginally responsive on tablet/smart phone which a big percentage of people browse the forum on.

What the hell y'all talking about? Looks just FINE to me!

ray_charles_cm.jpg

Dangit, had to pick Xenforo to use, didn't you?

Xenforo is slow as shit and only marginally responsive on tablet/smart phone which a big percentage of people browse the forum on.

I hesitate to say it given the current love of change, but 2.0 is nearing completion with a huge rework on the responsive layout.

What happened to the little green arrow that tells me it's a topic I posted in?

So far not a fan.

I go away for a week and this is what I come home too? WTF. Worst part is the iPad was still in the man cave and when I turned it on the old format came up before I refreshed it and this popped up.:mad: First I learn of Malcolm now this:( I'm going back to the mountains. You know what you do to enhance a classic muscle car? Not a f*cking thing. (Sorry Derek, I'm sure you know what your doing I'm just grouchy from travel and someone messed with my safe place)

This is odd, my phone can't touch NES from the stock browser, Chrome or Firefox.

Of course, tapatalk is dead too :/

Goodbye, mobile NES browsing.

This is odd, my phone can't touch NES from the stock browser, Chrome or Firefox.

Of course, tapatalk is dead too :/

Goodbye, mobile NES browsing.
Might have to clear cache, type the address or just try some different forum areas. Working fine on my phone but not from my old shortcut.

What happened to the little green arrow that tells me it's a topic I posted in?

That messed me up too.
It appears that it has been replaced with a tiny version of your avatar in the lower right corner of the OPs avatar. But that won't actually appear until you make a new post in the old thread.

That messed me up too.
It appears that it has been replaced with a tiny version of your avatar in the lower right corner of the OPs avatar. But that won't actually appear until you make a new post in the old thread.

That one is kind'a weird. I figured it out from the eyeglass icon in the main sub-forum pages.

First TheTrughAboutGuns had to change everything, then gunbroker had to change its website, now NES. I've always hated change, but when it just keeps coming it becomes annoying.

I understand updating things, but why does it have to be such a big change all at once?

Another change I am not a fan of is it doesn't show the total number of posts and date the poster became a member. Can't spot the trolls......other know if a poster is a long time member that contributes alot of content or not.

I would be interested to know what was the impetus for change and what this platform provides that the other didn't - besides solar glare.

if you are triggered by the new forum....i suggest you watch some Bob Ross painting with his mighty brush, and just chill out for a while in a very safe space. Then...come back

Another change I am not a fan of is it doesn't show the total number of posts and date the poster became a member. Can't spot the trolls......other know if a poster is a long time member that contributes alot of content or not.
It takes an extra step, but this info is available when you click on the user's avatar.

One think I like is the alerts tell you if someone quotes your post. That's an improvement.

Without addressing the complaints by others, I will say the new software navigates quickly and flawlessly thus far on my android phone. I don't use Tapatalk. Now, I don't have to do a bunch of little manipulations to have photos centered in view and stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom