OK, this is not OK. New forum freaks me out.

Not impressed at all, not easy on the eyes at all. Is there a way to revert back to the old way or view it in a skin? The color scheme of the text (dark gray on light gray background) needs more contrast. Perhaps the new layout with the old style color scheme would be a good middle ground?

Last edited:
I noticed this too........This is a serious problem!!!!!!

However....if you are in desperate need to watch recoil + yoga pants......click the avatar and it will pop up and animate.;)

It looks like clicking on avatars will be another silly activity which was added as a feature. You need to click to find out all other info which was listed under the avatar in the EXCELLENT version. It will be harder to spot hit & run posters.

Another feature I like is when you're replying, and someone adds to the post, you get the notification, instead of looking stupid posting the exact same thing.

About the only thing I didn't like about the upgrade, is the amount of time NES was down.

Change is inevitable whether we like it or not. We just have to make the best of it...constructive criticism.

I would like to see the I-trader ratings like they used to be. It makes me a bit nervous buying 50-100 round drum mags from a person with no positive I-trader rating.

also feel like "watched threads" and "new posts" buttons should be available on every page...and def could lose "featured threads" and "watched forums" entirely..."featured threads" is the same as clicking "home"...not sure what the need is for 2 buttons that do the same thing...and does anyone watch entire forums?

I hesitate to say it given the current love of change, but 2.0 is nearing completion with a huge rework on the responsive layout.

I hope it's an improvement. I understand the security reasons for refreshing the site and even the unstated reasons for excluding tapatalk, but honestly, not meant as a slam on the new forum, but saying the new site works well on a smart phone form factor is laughable.

TT was maybe not so great, probably relayed all our data back home and willing to bet they did not share ad revenue with you, but it was a tolerable UI on the phone.

And not to beat a [deadhorse], my aging eyes I NEED a dark theme. Even dark gray on black with the screen dimmed to nothing is a bit much sometimes.

Change is inevitable whether we like it or not. We just have to make the best of it...constructive criticism.

I would like to see the I-trader ratings like they used to be. It makes me a bit nervous buying 50-100 round drum mags from a person with no positive I-trader rating.

i think they are working on the itrader, post count and what is now likes (instead of the green dots)

I turned off "show signatures in posts" in preferences. This eliminates the other baby blue horizontal line, that looks like the line between posts. Eliminates some of the clutter when looking at the whole page and scrolling down to read one post to the next.

Not a fan of the blue on blue theme. Will a color scheme option be availabe as a preference setting, down the road?

Thank you admins for the hard work.

Did anyone else see the thread title and think... "wait, are we bein trolled by moonbats?" This reminds me of the NOT NORMAL posters I see littering telephone poles around cambridge that popped up after Trump got elected.... [rofl]

I kid, I kid....

Another change I am not a fan of is it doesn't show the total number of posts and date the poster became a member. Can't spot the trolls......other know if a poster is a long time member that contributes alot of content or not.

true. however when you saw 5 posts and member since 2013 you know right away what the deal is ;)

# of posts has no direct relationship with quality of posts or person. I'm a member of numerous forums where I almost never go, I joined strictly to get an answer to a single question and don't/won't go back unless I have another question. Example: I bought a Sphinx with 1 mag back when they weren't importing them anymore. I went to the CZ forum to ask where could I get mags for it and learned the answer quickly from helpful members. I'm done with that forum at least for the past number of years. Does that mean my posts have no value or I'm a troll? You decide.

also feel like "watched threads" and "new posts" buttons should be available on every page...and def could lose "featured threads" and "watched forums" entirely..."featured threads" is the same as clicking "home"...not sure what the need is for 2 buttons that do the same thing...and does anyone watch entire forums?

Disagree, I used watched forums on ARfcom since it is so huge and my interest is only in a handful of sub-forums. Admittedly I "live" on NES and only use "new posts" on NES, but I'm certain that many here use only a few sub-forums on NES just like I do on ARfcom, so that feature is of value to them.

Ah, every time something changes you have to adjust. In a couple days, you'll be as right as rain. :)

One person's opinion . . .

The best way to see improvements here is NOT to bitch about hating change, complaining about things that have already been answered by Admin and sHoRtY (who are busting their tails to fine-tune everything) but to instead offer suggestions for improvement.

My list:
- colors need to contrast and brightness needs to be toned down.
- with "new posts" you get "posted 7 minutes ago" not as helpful as "posted 11/20/2017 at 9:15AM", since I'm going thru new posts and then do a refresh (used to be able to do this and discern where I could stop looking at threads I had already seen and decided weren't important to me. Unsure if this is even a possibility with this software however.
- Default font using Android (Chrome) swamps the phone's screen so much info is off-screen until you shrink it.
- A stable URL to use for "new posts" that isn't tied to a date/time/post number. That's my preferred entry to a forum to check new threads.

Most importantly, give Admin and sHoRtY time to make the modifications to the software. Patience is a virtue when things are changing.

The main three things we are working on now.

1. Color Scheme - I'm trying to get it to match the old forum, its not that easy with the style sheets in here. I'm also going to hopefully have a few different schemes users can pick for themselves
  2. iTrader - This is no brainer, Shorty and I have the Xenforo mod for it. It's a matter of time to install, convert, and push live.
  3. Mobile device software - like I said in another thread Tapatalk is notoriously flawed security wise. I will find an alternative that will work.
I think most of us can agree those are the three most glaring improvements that need to take place first.
Please be patient, Dave and I both have full time jobs and we are trying to get this done as quickly as we can.

Another feature I like is when you're replying, and someone adds to the post, you get the notification, instead of looking stupid posting the exact same thing.

About the only thing I didn't like about the upgrade, is the amount of time NES was down.
I do like the alerts function!

I think it will just take some time to get used too. I am ok with it so far. I also wish to thank the mods for their work on upgrading this site.

I'm sure we'll get used to it. The color scheme is off. It's harder to read certain things that were easy to read before. Quote/reply seems to work a BIT different. You don't get pix of items in FS until you click the thread.

I'll survive. I'm here for all'y'all, not how it looks.

As an aside, this is a Millenial thing. I can't STAND how Apple reformatted a lot of well-working apps with IOS11. The Podcast system was great before. Now it's terrible. It is trying to be something it doesn't need to be. I'll probably swap to a non-Apple podcast feed b/c of it. :( But music and messaging are the same way. Even my millennial kids don't like it. LOL

GT went this route 2 years ago. I found that harsh to read. I get that software designers want things to look fresh and new. But fresh new and EASY TO READ is the goal of a discussion group.

FWIW, I'm color blind. So some of this may seem more delineated to most of you. LOL

The main three things we are working on now.

1. Color Scheme - I'm trying to get it to match the old forum, its not that easy with the style sheets in here. I'm also going to hopefully have a few different schemes users can pick for themselves
  2. iTrader - This is no brainer, Shorty and I have the Xenforo mod for it. It's a matter of time to install, convert, and push live.
  3. Mobile device software - like I said in another thread Tapatalk is notoriously flawed security wise. I will find an alternative that will work.
I think most of us can agree those are the three most glaring improvements that need to take place first.
Please be patient, Dave and I both have full time jobs and we are trying to get this done as quickly as we can.

.....and we all have full time jobs we are trying to avoid by spending our day here!!! Lets go Marine!!!!! :D:D:D:D
seriously tho, thank you, nice to know you're working on it. :cool:
....oh, need more smileys too, thanks. :rolleyes:

I lost my GIF avatar. Not a big deal as I can add it back or get a new one, but how? I do not see anything for avatar. Other than that and iTrader, not so bad. Gotta have my NES so thanks for the hard work.

Back
Top Bottom