• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OK, be honest. Who had their CCW on them while out cleaning up the snow in their yard?

Definitely strapped during snow clean up. I need something to play with as I sat by the fireplace and the lawn guy clears us out.
All of the heated confrontations Ive have been involved in over the last 10 years or so have been during or after snow events mostly while plowing in low income areas. From me personally, snow storms are potentially more dangerous than most other times.

After a moments thought I put it away and headed out into the yard. Figured I was relatively safe from the Abominable Snow Monster, Snow Zombies and roving bands of Molotov Cocktail throwers
I used to have a f***ed up neighbor. He won a big settlement after he was in a workplace accident where he got burned. He was an alcoholic and addicted to prescription pain meds.
He had a huge psycho Rottweiler that he named Damien and he never let the dog in the house. It lived outside in a chain link kennel with a doghouse inside.
After a couple of snow events a drift formed in the corner of the kennel and froze over. It was high enough that the dog managed to use it as a launch pad and got over the fence. Kids were outside playing in the snow when he went after them. They managed to get into a neighbors house with only one kid getting bit and the dog ripped her winter coat to shreds. It was the second time the dog got out. Cops were called.
You just never know why or when you might need it.

All of the heated confrontations Ive have been involved in over the last 10 years or so have been during or after snow events mostly while plowing in low income areas. From me personally, snow storms are potentially more dangerous than most other times.

Luckily I don't plow low income areas. Or plow at all. Or know where the low income areas are near me.

I have some of those full auto, self targeting paintball turrets, with me carrying an IFF transponder. I'm good anywhere in the northern end of the estate. The south end is still being built out.

I always have mine, I put on when I get dressed in the morning and take it off when I get ready for bed, snow day is no different than any other day. After watching that video of the people that got murdered by their neighbor for throwing snow in the wrong place last year I'm surprised ya'll don't wear lvl 4 plates and have the wife pull over watch with a .308.
6prc. 308 is soooo old and unhip

No because I need to wear some really thick gloves to keep my fingers from freezing.

I know people with Raynaud's that wear mitts similar to this to great success. I would want to try shooting whatever I carry with it first but it looks possible.

Similar:

1643706872487.png

A lot of people in Dot are in the habit of not locking their cars before a storm, to make it easier to get in and clear off.

So there are often a rash of petty thefts. Haven’t heard about this one yet, maybe people have wised up.

The problem with using guns is that I need bulky gloves so clearance in front of the trigger and lack of dexterity can be an issue. I’d probably need to switch from glock to a p320 for that little bit of extra room for the trigger finger.

P320s are already autonomous killing machines so carrying one with no dexterity can only end in tragedy.

I'm too old to throw snowballs and I can barely outrun a turtle. I'll have to resort to the gun and in Ma I'll probably be screwed.

Last edited:
If it is really snowing HARD, and you shoot your gun into the air, is scares the clouds and they go away.

So yeah, of course we were

If I shot my plow driver, could I get in and finish teh route correctly???

This year has been a cluster-bleep for snow removal in Tawn'n. That last snowstorm of 5" - there were 8 billion plow trucks out trying to make SOME money as we hadn't seen snow yet. It was cleared VERY well. Front end loader coming down my street for 5" of snow. Unheard of.

Snow stopped Sat Night. My street is STILL one-car-width in places. You can't see because of snow mounds at major intersections. On Sunday, DPW - "we are out in full force. We will have everything clear by tomorrow afternoon." Yesterday, "we are working on it. By tomorrow, we should have all the sightlines and streets mostly clear."

What is even better is the mayor and city council have their streets cleared - AND ARE POSTING IT ON FB! You look at hte side street to get to the Mayor's - completely clear. Great sight lines. Basically, if you live in my part of Taunton, you get crapped on by the town. I'm done. It settles it. When I move in 4 years, it won't be inside of this town. I've had it. 28 years. We are the ass-end of the town for some reason. Red headed stepchild. F them.

The problem with using guns is that I need bulky gloves so clearance in front of the trigger and lack of dexterity can be an issue. I’d probably need to switch from glock to a p320 for that little bit of extra room for the trigger finger.

P320s are already autonomous killing machines so carrying one with no dexterity can only end in tragedy.
Or you could pull your glove off?

It's funny as I was getting dressed to go out and shovel when I realized I still had my CCW in my pocket. After a moments thought I put it away and headed out into the yard. Figured I was relatively safe from the Abominable Snow Monster, Snow Zombies and roving bands of Molotov Cocktail throwers. Did see a rabbit bounding through the snow, which immediately brought up thoughts of a Monty Python movie.

So who kept their carry piece with them while battling the snow elements outside? I'm betting many of you did. [wink] Not that there's anything wrong with that...... [laugh]
When wouldn’t you carry? Never know when you might encounter abominables.

Snow stopped Sat Night. My street is STILL one-car-width in places.
My street is pretty much one car width in July. You can barely get two cars by each other. The end of the street is a joke where it meet the main street. No way two cars can be there at the same time and the pile are so big you can't see on coming traffic until you are in it's path.
I might have left work a little early yesterday to clean it up because I like doing it. Dug out the fire hydrant too.

Back
Top Bottom