• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OK, be honest. Who had their CCW on them while out cleaning up the snow in their yard?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
It's funny as I was getting dressed to go out and shovel when I realized I still had my CCW in my pocket. After a moments thought I put it away and headed out into the yard. Figured I was relatively safe from the Abominable Snow Monster, Snow Zombies and roving bands of Molotov Cocktail throwers. Did see a rabbit bounding through the snow, which immediately brought up thoughts of a Monty Python movie.

So who kept their carry piece with them while battling the snow elements outside? I'm betting many of you did. [wink] Not that there's anything wrong with that...... [laugh]

I always have mine, I put on when I get dressed in the morning and take it off when I get ready for bed, snow day is no different than any other day. After watching that video of the people that got murdered by their neighbor for throwing snow in the wrong place last year I'm surprised ya'll don't wear lvl 4 plates and have the wife pull over watch with a .308.

It's funny as I was getting dressed to go out and shovel when I realized I still had my CCW in my pocket. After a moments thought I put it away and headed out into the yard. Figured I was relatively safe from the Abominable Snow Monster, Snow Zombies and roving bands of Molotov Cocktail throwers. Did see a rabbit bounding through the snow, which immediately brought up thoughts of a Monty Python movie.

So who kept their carry piece with them while battling the snow elements outside? I'm betting many of you did. [wink] Not that there's anything wrong with that...... [laugh]
My 38 hammerless is almost always in my pocket , except in the shop at work. It fits nicely in my ski pant pocket so its no hassle to have on even shoveling snow

Storms are actually one of the times I always carry while outside clearing.

While most criminals I'd opportunity are last; desperation peaks under stressful situations. Stores closed and easy marks sheltering means things happen.

A friend's house for broken into in a nasty winter storm. While they were inside. Robbed bad, mother ended up with a broken arm and broken orbital bone. Phones were down.

Hit our school pretty hard, as she was the cafeteria lady. (Made wicked pies!)

If you are exposed and tunnel visioned. Things may happen.

In 2012 ish, a bunch of vacation homes on cape were hit by a pair of dudes in a plow truck. Made off with mostly small things. Watches, jewelry, silver, cash from safes, etc.

What's the point of springing for stainless if you're not going to carry it while salting the driveway?
thrower1small.png
The shottie rides shotgun, still saving up for a pintle mount so I can finally have my own "technical".

I always have mine, I put on when I get dressed in the morning and take it off when I get ready for bed, snow day is no different than any other day. After watching that video of the people that got murdered by their neighbor for throwing snow in the wrong place last year I'm surprised ya'll don't wear lvl 4 plates and have the wife pull over watch with a .308.

I just avoid pointless dick measuring contests that result in everyone losing.

Back
Top Bottom