Official 1911 Pic Thread...

1911001_zpse7ca0c43.jpg
Great shot!

I'm part of a local photographers group on FB and every week they do a photo challenge. This weeks topic is "something you love". I'm trying to stay away from the family pic's as I am assuming many of the others will post pics of their spouses and kids. So anyhow, I'm thinking of submitting this one. What do you think of the pic? I did the pic in HDR with a grain to give it a "been there, done that" feeling. The gun is a Springfield GI that I tore down and put back together. The majority of the upgrades are Wilson Combat.

Week3-1.jpg

I'm part of a local photographers group on FB and every week they do a photo challenge. This weeks topic is "something you love". I'm trying to stay away from the family pic's as I am assuming many of the others will post pics of their spouses and kids. So anyhow, I'm thinking of submitting this one. What do you think of the pic? I did the pic in HDR with a grain to give it a "been there, done that" feeling. The gun is a Springfield GI that I tore down and put back together. The majority of the upgrades are Wilson Combat.

Week3-1.jpg

thats a beautiful gun and killer editing on the photo Typo......what kind of camera do you use? good skills

thats a beautiful gun and killer editing on the photo Typo......what kind of camera do you use? good skills

Thanks! I've been using a Canon T3i for about a year now (upgraded from an Xti). I used a EF-S 18-55mm lens set at 54mm and a 430ex flash with diffuser pointed up at my ceiling. My settings were ISO 400, F/5.6, and my shutter was at 1/50. I shoot everything manual modes and in RAW format. For this picture I did my editing using two separate programs.

From one photog to another. I would ease up on the fake vignette. I'm not a big fan of the HDR thing either unless it's for a landscape.

Nice gun though!

I appreciate the CC. The idea was to give it that "tough or rugged" look. This is the only picture I've shown in HDR. I agree, it's not for everything... or even most things, but I like the feel I got out of this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats alota Hollow Points!

That's just what I keep in my back pocket for when I go into the city.

This was my father's Colt 1911, it's now mine, mine, all mine. It was his service pistol in WWII, he was an MP. It must of fell into his bag when he was discharged, funny how those things happen. It has some scratches and wear, but it's all original and still shoots great. No rattle when you shake it, everything is still tight inside, Dad took VERY good care of this. According to info on the Internet, it was made between 1918-19, the serial number range is in the 520XXX range.
Colt 1.jpg Colt 3.jpg Colt 5.jpg Colt 6.jpg

This was my father's Colt 1911, it's now mine, mine, all mine. It was his service pistol in WWII, he was an MP. It must of fell into his bag when he was discharged, funny how those things happen. It has some scratches and wear, but it's all original and still shoots great. No rattle when you shake it, everything is still tight inside, Dad took VERY good care of this. According to info on the Internet, it was made between 1918-19, the serial number range is in the 520XXX range.
View attachment 51506View attachment 51507View attachment 51508View attachment 51509
Absolute treasure, congratulations on inheriting this piece of family, and American, history!

Back
Top Bottom