Nylon 76 questions

Does anyone have a nylon 76? If so, any idea were to find parts. I also have some questions regarding serial numbers. I found a few helpful website, but I would love to talk to someone that owns one.

Brownells has some parts. I ordered a replacement bolt handle for one recently.

Thanks guys, So for those how have them, quick question. Where is your Serial number located? According to nylonrifles.com all of the nylons were serial numbered after 1968. Mine was produced in December of 1969 and has no serial number from the factor. It does however have a serial number that does not fit in the range of the numbers issused to the nylon line of rifle. This number has been engraved by hand (very poor job) onto the side of the receiver cover. I now this gun was previously stolen and I assume purchased from a police auction. Is it plausable that the police department made up there own serial number and engraved onto the gun them selves because it had none? Then again why would a gun built in 69 not have a number issused to it. As i understand it, federal law mandates that all guns be serial number after late 67 early 68?

Anyway Im stumped, and just rambling.

The part that I am looking for is a new receiver cover, however if I change this cover the gun will have no serial number at all. AGAIN

Back
Top Bottom