• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ma LTC renewal - form questions

Martinilover

NES Member
Go easy on me guys
My memory fails me and the search function also was no help.

I am filling out my renewal form and was wondering if I have to answer the “Reason for requesting the issuance of a license” question for a renewal.
And if yes, what is the conventional response that should be used “All legal purposes”?

MA is shall issue now due to the Bruen ruling.

Just write “all lawful purposes”, and draw a little doodle of Johnny cash giving them the finger.

ALP has always been perfectly ligitimate to write in there but used to annoy some issuing officers back when MA was a “may issue” state this could cause you problems in a few towns. Not anymore!

[banana]

i actually believe for once that the State side of things is backed up a little.
i have been checking periodically on my application by calling the FRB hotline.

-April 28th, dropped off application
-May 19th "Approved by local PD, pending activation"
-following week, "pending activation by FRB"
-following week, "pending FRB activation"
-following week/last week, "pending activation by FRB, then they will mail it to the local PD"
-currently told today, June 20th, "approved by local PD, pending review by state"

It seems like i took a step back???
Supposedly someone is looking at it.
my renewal is in review, what does in review mean?

i actually believe for once that the State side of things is backed up a little.

-following week/last week, "pending activation by FRB, then they will mail it to the local PD"
-currently told today, June 20th, "approved by local PD, pending review by state"

Welcome to the state circle jerk! I believe in the summer they hire interns to cover well deserved from extremely hard work, vacations. Wait a week and call back again and hope you get a different person on the line or the same person with a weeks more knowledge base will give you a more accurate answer. Even though it isn't right, some agencies and police departments wait until the end of the month or the beginning of the month to finalize and send things out .

Yup they’re backed up alright. Going on 110 days of waiting for renewal. Every time I called the FRB it was always the same answer. “You should have it in a few more weeks”.

Just did my renewal - taunton
Was told they are running 10 weeks
Was also told to keep a copy of the receipt on hand just in case of a cruisers data terminal is down - they assume you daily carry.

Mine is due in October. The guy at the switchboard scheduled me for September. Maybe I should reschedule for NOW. I’ve been told that once the application is in you are covered.

Mine is due in October. The guy at the switchboard scheduled me for September. Maybe I should reschedule for NOW. I’ve been told that once the application is in you are covered.
Once your application is in the system you are good to go - you need the MIRCs receipt

Yup they’re backed up alright. Going on 110 days of waiting for renewal. Every time I called the FRB it was always the same answer. “You should have it in a few more weeks”.
Kindly remind them that the MGL requires approval or denial in 40 calendar days the next time you call.

Is anyone even looking at the reason now? Are there towns that are still red, or red-ish? Just asking cause I don't live there anymore.
When I did the out of state thing (yes $100 annually for me yay) in Chelsea they asked me "target/sport?" and that was that....I knew the restrictions went away so I did not protest.

did mine recently. Pretty sure I recall writing in "self defense", but writing in "renewal" also sounds like a good thing to me.
I live in a green town so not much thought went into it.
Just don't lie, unless your Hunter, then it's ok.

Go easy on me guys
My memory fails me and the search function also was no help.

I am filling out my renewal form and was wondering if I have to answer the “Reason for requesting the issuance of a license” question for a renewal.
And if yes, what is the conventional response that should be used “All legal purposes”?
I just put renewing current LTC

FWIW I dropped off my renewal application citing "All Lawful Purposes" on April 25th, had my replacement in hand two weeks ago. Took a little less than two months.

Foxboro

Kindly remind them that the MGL requires approval or denial in 40 calendar days the next time you call.
Well, this sounds like a good idea, actually. My son was told he could not have an FID until he was 18 (he knew better). Then, they wanted to charge him $100, instead of the correct $25. He had the relevant MGL printed out.

So, I guess a reminder might help.

LOL. MGL does not apply to the police. Did not someone in the fireworks thread report that they attended a party once where cops were using fireworks and riding motorcycles while drunk?

Back
Top Bottom