• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FFL Commercial space questions

I want to get my FFL (in MA). I’ve taken an online course and generally understand the process. Seems like the first and probably biggest hurdle is a commercial space. Not looking for a storefront or anything, just a small space from which to conduct business from.
What things do I need to consider when looking for a space? Are certain towns going to be easier than others? I’m on Cape Cod, I don’t necessarily need a space on Cape but closer to me the better.

When I did it, I needed something visible from the street. We had to send them a picture of our “storefront” literally a basement door at a commercial shop. Had to list our number in the phone book and had to have a 24 hour security system like ADT.

That’s really the only hurdle. The paperwork was just a lot of paperwork but easy. The ATF agent was super nice and helped with anything we screwed up. Once we got the all clear we went and did basically an LTC interview with the licensing officer for the three licenses and had to get a business license from the town.

I want to get my FFL (in MA). I’ve taken an online course and generally understand the process. Seems like the first and probably biggest hurdle is a commercial space. Not looking for a storefront or anything, just a small space from which to conduct business from.
What things do I need to consider when looking for a space? Are certain towns going to be easier than others? I’m on Cape Cod, I don’t necessarily need a space on Cape but closer to me the better.
What is it that you DO want? Are you looking to get a C&R just to get certain firearms? Search NES for 'FFL class' and you might find some threads to help you out. You may not need much more than a file cabinet, four walls, a desk, copier, signage and other incidentals. Good luck. Matt

Perfect timing OP, I’m looking to do the same so I can cerakote firearms. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance !

Last edited:
What is it that you DO want? Are you looking to get a C&R just to get certain firearms? Search NES for 'FFL class' and you might find some threads to help you out. You may not need much more than a file cabinet, four walls, a desk, copier, signage and other incidentals. Good luck. Matt
I would like to get my FFL 07 and SOT ideally. This would start as more or less a hobby essentially and if it grows to be even marginally financially successful I’d consider that a bonus.
I’m currently looking for a space, my main concern is if there are certain towns/areas that are essential no-go’s. I’m just looking for the minimum required space to start

Back
Top Bottom