• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA shows signs of decline, even in Trump’s America

I'd like a large hot coffee with cream please.

Get your own f***in coffee, while you're there don't forget your senior discount. I'm sure the senior van will pick up you up if you need help. [popcorn]

What other f***ing party do you think they should lobby? The party of Pelosi? The Party of Johnson/Weld? I swear to God there are some stupid f***ing gun owners out there. Jesus f***ing Christ, I'm outta here for awhile before I get a permanent ban.

It's simple, they should lobby on behalf of gun rights. Shit like this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH9EHEuBibY&app=desktop

Is not why I've supported the NRA and is barely tangentially relevant to its mission.

Nice to see we're using the lefts terminology to demonize ourselves. "Old white men"? Where'd you pick that up? HuffPo? WTF?

Board of directors are 70% male 65% white, and until recently the average age was 60.

Can I please be there, when you stand in front of Oliver North and call him a grumpy old white man, who needs a hearing aid, that does not smell in a way that's to your liking? My money is on you barely having enough time to bend over, put your head between your legs and hiss your butt good bye.

Lol, thinking they would do anything but disagree, the best they're going to do is hold fast on full retard, which is fine, but the winds are changing. I'm by far not alone in my feelings, the NRA is facing the Harley problem- there's only so many fat old bearded guys in the world and they're dying out. The newer gun owners want a NRA that is less divisive, more inclusive, and steadfast on the second amendment, not a NRA that suggests giving away bumpstocks- no matter how you feel about them, is no big deal and perfectly acceptable. What's the next thing the NRA will just hand away?

As an officer in a small indoor range that sponsors and runs an active Junior Rifle program. I also know that the NRA has given us many thousands of dollars for .22rf Anschutz target rifles and other expensive competition equipment and gear to allow our kids to be properly trained in small bore competition. I also know that the NRA has 125,000 instructors in the field. They have done a commendable job at helping us in our reach to young people. We have been doing this long enough that some of our early Juniors now have kids of their own who are old enough to participate in the Junior Rifle program for 10-20 year old.
You all can diss the NRA all you want but show me the other pro-gun group that is supporting such training and active competition. No the NRA isn't perfect but show me such an organization that is. And as I recall when living in Mass. that it was GOAL that created the animosity between them and the NRA causing the NRA to back off helping in Mass.
It is sad that we as gun supporters continue to shoot ourselves in the foot dissing the NRA. I know for a fact that many hundreds of young people have been trained in gun safety and competitive small bore at our club, thanks to the NRA and not one penny from other pro-gun groups mentioned above.

Get your own f***in coffee, while you're there don't forget your senior discount. I'm sure the senior van will pick up you up if you need help. [popcorn]

It's simple, they should lobby on behalf of gun rights. Shit like this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH9EHEuBibY&app=desktop

Is not why I've supported the NRA and is barely tangentially relevant to its mission.

Board of directors are 70% male 65% white, and until recently the average age was 6

Lol, thinking they would do anything but disagree, the best they're going to do is hold fast on full retard, which is fine, but the winds are changing. I'm by far not alone in my feelings, the NRA is facing the Harley problem- there's only so many fat old bearded guys in the world and they're dying out. The newer gun owners want a NRA that is less divisive, more inclusive, and steadfast on the second amendment, not a NRA that suggests giving away bumpstocks- no matter how you feel about them, is no big deal and perfectly acceptable. What's the next thing the NRA will just hand away?

Hey, we all wish that they hadn't given away bump stocks, But it's more a case of us being stubborn, not wanting to give a single inch, than a case of love for bump stocks. We all know a lot of shooters. We all like to make some noise at the range and many of us, who haven't been there and done that, are curious about full auto, or the next best thing to it , which was bum stocks, but let's be honest. Did you, or anyone you know, actually pony up the money for a bump stock? 99 out a 100 guys weren't curious enough to actually buy a bump stock, when they were able too. Now everyone cries because they can't buy one. WTF. You didn't want one bad enough to buy one. Let's not whine, after the fact.

Last edited:
No pro-gun group should ever be supporting any manner of gun control. They should only be supporting criminal control and pointing out at every opportunity that in all most all of the highly publicized mass shootings there was gun control in place and the victims were denied their right to protect and defend themselves. They should also be pointing out the programs and the failure of government to do their jobs which allowed some of these shootings to occur.

As an officer in a small indoor range that sponsors and runs an active Junior Rifle program. I also know that the NRA has given us many thousands of dollars for .22rf Anschutz target rifles and other expensive competition equipment and gear to allow our kids to be properly trained in small bore competition. I also know that the NRA has 125,000 instructors in the field. They have done a commendable job at helping us in our reach to young people. We have been doing this long enough that some of our early Juniors now have kids of their own who are old enough to participate in the Junior Rifle program for 10-20 year old.
This is why I've supported them in the past for their support of the shooting sports and hunting, but when it comes to the 2A which they claim to support and defend they are sorely lacking.

. Did you, or anyone you know, actually pony up the money for a bump stock? .

Yes.

I've fired both bump stocks and binary triggers, I have never used a trigger crank.

Let's not pretend this is a noise and fun issue exclusively though. The 2a was to enshrine the right to bear arms- some say for tyranny, but it's more appropriate to go with "for enemies foreign and domestic". Bump stocks circumvented the NFA, which is an infringement on this right.

If fully automatic weapons were of no use to the militia (or military) every army on earth would only have semis.

Last edited:
No pro-gun group should ever be supporting any manner of gun control. They should only be supporting criminal control and pointing out at every opportunity that in all most all of the highly publicized mass shootings there was gun control in place and the victims were denied their right to protect and defend themselves. They should also be pointing out the programs and the failure of government to do their jobs which allowed some of these shootings to occur.

This is why I've supported them in the past for their support of the shooting sports and hunting, but when it comes to the 2A which they claim to support and defend they are sorely lacking.

On what platform will you stand and point out .gov failure to do their job, when the courts uphold that .gov gas no obligation to protect you, to begin with.

Last edited:
On what platform will and stand and point out .gov failure to do their job, when the courts uphold that .gov gas no obligation to protect you, to begin with.
It will stand on the platform of public opinion when it points out that the Air Force didn't do it's job and report the Sunderland shooter which would have prevented him from making his purchase. Also at Parkland where the school followed a policy of excusing criminal behavior and the sheriffs department went along with it which allowed the firearms purchases to be made etc. The more people that are made aware of governments failure to protect along with what you stated that courts have ruled no duty to protect the better the chance that there will be enough people that support the right of the people to keep and bear arms to protect and defend themselves since government fails to do so and is not obligated to do so.
Also as I said no pro-gun group should ever be supporting infringements.

Yes.

I've fired both bump stocks and binary triggers, I have never used a trigger crank.

Let's not pretend this is a noise and fun issue exclusively though. The 2a was to enshrine the right to bear arms- some say for tyranny, but it's more appropriate to go with "for enemies foreign and domestic". Bump stocks circumvented the NFA, which is an infringement on this right.

If fully automatic weapons were of no use to the militia (or military) every army on earth would only have semis.

Did you have enough interest to actually buy a bumpstock? Yes, 2A was/ is to ensure the right to bear arms. Stock, well that may be pushing the term arms a bit.
I didn't say full auto has no use. You're pitting words in my mouth.

Last edited:
Maybe as a consequence of this, the NRA leadership is all old white males. It would be a lot harder to dump shit on the NRA if Pink Pistols, the AARP members, Gays, Legal immigrants, were all represented and testifying.

The NRA should focus on the revival of traditionalism in the younger generations with root in this country. I don't see how legal immigrants are a good demographic to pander to given they often show up for economic gain with little respect for guns, our culture, and history. Guess how they vote? Fortunately it's not as trendy to be a raging lefty or SJW with younger Millennials and Gen Z. Make Trad Great Again is a thing and it's surging in the social media-sphere.

Guess how they vote? .

THAT is my point. Nobody has show them what fun shooting is. Nobody showed them that they have a RIGHT to defend themselves and own guns. They have been brainwashed by democrats.

Why does it seem we are always on the defensive on gun rights? Because the dems are printing new antis every day, and the NRA is doing nothing to print our own brand of gun lovers!

THAT is my point. Nobody has show them what fun shooting is. Nobody showed them that they have a RIGHT to defend themselves and own guns. They have been brainwashed by democrats.

Why does it seem we are always on the defensive on gun rights? Because the dems are printing new antis every day, and the NRA is doing nothing to print our own brand of gun lovers!

Yes, mass campaigns educating new arrivals on their gun rights is a great idea. My concern is the ratio of those you win over to those foreigners who come here with predictable voting trends. The whole issue though is NRA leadership and there is a left behind generation eager to break away from leftie norms waiting for such opportunity. There is a young man who represents his generation well who is also a first generation citizen: Kyle Kashuv. The Dems greatly overestimate their appeal to the youth. The opportunity is there.

You all can diss the NRA all you want but show me the other pro-gun group that is supporting such training and active competition. No the NRA isn't perfect but show me such an organization that is. And as I recall when living in Mass. that it was GOAL that created the animosity between them and the NRA causing the NRA to back off helping in Mass.
It is sad that we as gun supporters continue to shoot ourselves in the foot dissing the NRA. I know for a fact that many hundreds of young people have been trained in gun safety and competitive small bore at our club, thanks to the NRA and not one penny from other pro-gun groups mentioned above.
The fact that your doing these programs is commendable. It truly is. The question I'm about to ask is in no way trying to detract from your work. I'm trying to truly figure out what the nra should to do icrease younger membership.

Here it is.....

How many of the kids you run these programs for have parents that already own guns? If the majority of these kids grow up in gun owning homes their propensity is to own guns when they grow up.....with or with out your programs which means the programs....while great.....don't increase NRA membership in the future. If you tell me that most of the kids have non gun owning parents.......I'd be surprised.

Last edited:
reality is with out the NRA we are doomed. They are the largest force for the 2A. Not supporting them would be foolish. Division can only hurt the cause.

I’m not a huge NRA fanboy at this point.
I’ve ponyed up more money than probably 99% of member and have done as much for our cause as I can.... I’ll keep fighting the battle...

I’m just not under any delusion that when push comes to shove the NRA will f*** us.... its pretty hard to be supportive of a group when that’s my honest opinion.

And for the $10,000s I’ve sent them... I think I have a justifiable right to bitch about their shortcomings.

NRA get your shit together, stop wasting my money and do your f***ing job.... no concessions on anything ever.

Vote the current leadership out.
Redirect annual donations to other more on-target & impactful organizations.
NEVER compromise with liberals !!!
but we have to be nice and not raise or voice or make too much noise etc...

reality is with out the NRA we are doomed. They are the largest force for the 2A. Not supporting them would be foolish. Division can only hurt the cause.

Really? The NRA brought us instant check, bump stock bans, red flags, the 1986 machine gun ban, Harry Reid and way back in 1994 defended anti gun democrats Jack Brooks and Tom Foley after they voted for the Clinton gun control. Foley and Brooks were defeated anyway.

Let's not forget that it was NRA leadership that has an incumbent friendly endorsement policy and actively engages in grade inflation around election time. And all those gun clubs that require NRA membership to join sure helps send $$ to NRA to pay Wayne's obscene salary but what does it do for the local club that might be struggling to pay the bills? Some claim they can get an insurance discount. Maybe on NRA insurance but there are other insurance companies. Why should any one be forced to join one organization to join a local range?

No sir, without the NRA we would be far better off because real organizations like GOA would take over.

Really? The NRA brought us instant check, bump stock bans, red flags, the 1986 machine gun ban, Harry Reid and way back in 1994 defended anti gun democrats Jack Brooks and Tom Foley after they voted for the Clinton gun control. Foley and Brooks were defeated anyway.

Let's not forget that it was NRA leadership that has an incumbent friendly endorsement policy and actively engages in grade inflation around election time. And all those gun clubs that require NRA membership to join sure helps send $$ to NRA to pay Wayne's obscene salary but what does it do for the local club that might be struggling to pay the bills? Some claim they can get an insurance discount. Maybe on NRA insurance but there are other insurance companies. Why should any one be forced to join one organization to join a local range?

No sir, without the NRA we would be far better off because real organizations like GOA would take over.
yep... and with out it how much more would be added to that list? Always easy to focus on the negatives in any situation.

yep... and with out it how much more would be added to that list? Always easy to focus on the negatives in any situation.

You're right that list is way to short to mean anything so I'll add to it:

Supported instant check
then supported
the anti gun see a shrink lose your guns FIX NICS

When the NRA Opposed Open Carry

NRA-Supported Governor Elect Won’t Repeal Maryland’s Gun Control Law
https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/...-elect-wont-repeal-marylands-gun-control-law/
I can keep going indefinately but I think folks get the idea....

I was ready to give the NRA the benefit of the doubt, but they keep digging themselves deeper into some kind of John Birch society clone, that recent crapfest with Dana Loesch is the last straw. They seem to think that making themselves look like Fox News will get them the membership they want.

Sometimes you can't throw in the towel even when you might be losing. I am a newer member to the NRA but have belonged to Goal longer. I know the stories well about the harassing money calls from the NRA and the rest but sometimes you have to stick it out because that small glimmer means there is still light.

Nothing is ever perfect but they still have fight and promise and sometimes you have to stay in it just for the fight even against long odds.

I didn't leave the NRA, the NRA left me.

Sometimes you can't throw in the towel even when you might be losing. I am a newer member to the NRA but have belonged to Goal longer. I know the stories well about the harassing money calls from the NRA and the rest but sometimes you have to stick it out because that small glimmer means there is still light.

Nothing is ever perfect but they still have fight and promise and sometimes you have to stay in it just for the fight even against long odds.

It sounds like some of these old white men need to start paying attention...

I was ready to give the NRA the benefit of the doubt, but they keep digging themselves deeper into some kind of John Birch society clone, that recent crapfest with Dana Loesch is the last straw. They seem to think that making themselves look like Fox News will get them the membership they want.

What did I miss about Dana??
I hope they didn't F'up the most effective spokesperson they had.

Back
Top Bottom