NRA shows signs of decline, even in Trump’s America

THAT is my point. Nobody has show them what fun shooting is. Nobody showed them that they have a RIGHT to defend themselves and own guns. They have been brainwashed by democrats.

Why does it seem we are always on the defensive on gun rights? Because the dems are printing new antis every day, and the NRA is doing nothing to print our own brand of gun lovers!

I agree with your solution which is to introduce more Americans - whether native born or naturalized - to the world of firearms and shooting. I further agree that the NRA can and should do more in this area, but the truth is that in the end IT IS UP TO US to spread the word and to "print" this new brand of gun owners. We really can't expect the NRA to do THAT for us.

That said, we should expect them to at least do no harm when it comes to legislation. With regard to the Bump Stock ban, it's not so much that they went along with the idea of an ATF ruling that bothers me, but more so that they had to know the wording of the ruling can and will be mis-interpreted by future administrations to encompass all semi-auto firearms. We need look no further than Maura's despotism.

As for the NRA's ERPO support, I got nothing. I can't for the life of me understand why they would go along with that.

Just my .02 cents worth.

Caters to the room of deaf old white men I was talking about.

But then again, those are the guys who made out like bandits before f***ing over the economy, so maybe they're just targeting their donors really well, they certainly have more money than the younger generation.

Anyone who blames others for their own lack of financial success. . . . .

The NRA needs it’s Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

No. No it does not. Thank you! A majority of Americans look at her and cringe at her stupidity.

So what? You know that phrase has been turned into a pejorative by the left. Why play by their rules and use their bullshit language to help demonize white men?

Here here!

Here's the rub: 72% of Americans are. . . . WHITE. Older people run things more than younger people because of. . . . . . experience. Men more than women because 30-40 years ago it was a different time.

Saying that there is this huge problem of white men when in fact WHITE MEN are the leading racial/sexual category is a problem in and of itself.

As far as the NRA being smaller - I don't think so. As far as not agreeing with them, worry about any organization that you align yourself 100% of the time with. It means they aren't any smarter than you are. As far as the NRA not doing anything for (fill in the blank), no one did squat for me. I didn't have an NRA buddy at school or anything. Had to go seek out people if I wanted to learn to shoot. Did so. Got my license. Bought somewhere (barely) less than a million guns. Have taught my kids and encouraged others. The NRA isn't/wasn't part of any of that. SO WHAT?

Everyone is fallible. Even those brilliant folks posting their ivory-tower opinions/theories. Come next Spring, I'll be doing my NRA drive. . . . again. It's amazing when the battlefront is right there, we let all these differences slide away. Almost like how Liberals shutted the F up about their stupid baby pet projects after 9/11. Shocking how alike every human is, isn't it?

This entire thread should be about the lying media and not about what the NRA did or didn't do in the last 1,3,7,22,100 years.

"This entire thread should be about the lying media and not about what the NRA did or didn't do in the last 1,3,7,22,100 years."
CORRECT! Without the NRA we'd be disarmed and bowing to the radical left.

No. No it does not. Thank you! A majority of Americans look at her and cringe at her stupidity.

Here here!

Here's the rub: 72% of Americans are. . . . WHITE. Older people run things more than younger people because of. . . . . . experience. Men more than women because 30-40 years ago it was a different time.

Saying that there is this huge problem of white men when in fact WHITE MEN are the leading racial/sexual category is a problem in and of itself.

As far as the NRA being smaller - I don't think so. As far as not agreeing with them, worry about any organization that you align yourself 100% of the time with. It means they aren't any smarter than you are. As far as the NRA not doing anything for (fill in the blank), no one did squat for me. I didn't have an NRA buddy at school or anything. Had to go seek out people if I wanted to learn to shoot. Did so. Got my license. Bought somewhere (barely) less than a million guns. Have taught my kids and encouraged others. The NRA isn't/wasn't part of any of that. SO WHAT?

Everyone is fallible. Even those brilliant folks posting their ivory-tower opinions/theories. Come next Spring, I'll be doing my NRA drive. . . . again. It's amazing when the battlefront is right there, we let all these differences slide away. Almost like how Liberals shutted the F up about their stupid baby pet projects after 9/11. Shocking how alike every human is, isn't it?

This entire thread should be about the lying media and not about what the NRA did or didn't do in the last 1,3,7,22,100 years.
A majority of NRA members think Lapierre and Cox are bat shit crazy. Face the facts, the GOA is doing more for our 2A right now than the NRA is and that’s where all my money is going...along with Comm2a of course.

A majority of NRA members think Lapierre and Cox are bat shit crazy. Face the facts, the GOA is doing more for our 2A right now than the NRA is and that’s where all my money is going...along with Comm2a of course.
GOA is nowhere near as powerful as the NRA and GOA doesn't inspire hatred and fear in the anti's.

GOA is nowhere near as powerful as the NRA and GOA doesn't inspire hatred and fear in the anti's.
Ok, gotcha! Keep pounding your chest while NRA helps the “scared antis” flush our rights down the shitter. GOA isn’t as powerful yet...but if we all stick together and support them we would be doing a hell of a lot better.

Here's WHY! These anti's don't even know the GOA exists.
"
There aren’t a whole lot of pro-gun people in the city of Los Angeles. I get that. It’s very much a gun control city and a big part of why the state is so pro-gun control.

But that doesn’t mean there aren’t any pro-gun people in Los Angeles. What’s more, some of those pro-gun people may have businesses that provide services, some of which the city may well need.

If that’s the case, they need to get their lawyers ready.

A Los Angeles City Council Committee approved a proposed ordinance Monday that would require city contractors to disclose any ties they have to the National Rifle Association.

The full City Council in October approved a motion from Councilman Mitch O’Farrell which authorized the drafting of the ordinance by the City Attorney’s Office. The ordinance would not ban NRA-connected contractors from doing business with the city but would require them to disclose any contracts or sponsorships they have with the gun rights advocacy group.

The NRA did not respond to a request for comment.

“The roadblock to gun safety legislation across the United States is the National Rifle Association,” O’Farrell said during a meeting of the Budget and Finance Committee in October. “Although gun safety legislation has been enacted by some individual states, especially here in California, the NRA’s lock on Congress and the Senate is such that no gun safety legislation has been enacted at the federal level since 1994 with the assault weapons ban. Than ban expired in 2004.”

The Budget and Finance Committee approved the draft ordinance on Monday. It will now go to the full City Council for consideration."
Los Angeles To Force Contractors To Reveal NRA Ties

Nobody's getting credit for my finances but myself. 5 years after graduation I'd paid back my student loans, I just bought a house, I'm sitting on a fantastic chunk of money starting my retirement and I've got an emergency slush fund that'll last me a solid year- I worked my ass off since I was 16 for this.

But you can't ignore the fact that it wasn't the current generation that f***ed up the financial sector, is still f***ing social security, and lets of course not forget the federal debt- the ball has been kicked so far down the field it's coming to the end zone, and your generation is going to sit back with a shit eating grin and watch other people have to deal with it.

Here's WHY! These anti's don't even know the GOA exists.
Yes they do.Gun Owners of America - Wikipedia The politicians just like to mention the NRA because it's who they play the game with. The GOA tends not to play the game with them. I've trusted the NRA to Stand & Fight for decades yet I'm always finding my rights being chipped away at by politicians that they've A rated that have introduced and pushed gun control and by the NRA actually agreeing to and supporting gun control. I've had enough of the back stabbing.

The problem is , that any type of gun control measure that passes anywhere can and will be perverted into something that's going to be rammed up our ass sideways.
In a rational and sane would, red flag laws would seem to be a sensible thing. Get guns out of the hands of people who have expressed a desire to cause harm. Seems rational , right ?

Every single person on this board knows damn well that it's not what it's going to be used for and already has resulted in the death of at least one person who didn't do a damn thing wrong , and jacked up the life of who knows many more.
It's an end run around the constitutional rights of every gun owner in this country , period, stop , end of story.

Now if a simpleton like me can figure that out , you would think the leadership of the organization that deals day in and day out for many years with these gun grabbing scum would have figured that out.

Not one single concession to these people has ever satisfied them , not one.
I want my f*cking cake back !!

Would love to see your data supporting that.
Who’s sueing the GOV on bump stocks
Who got the Supreme Court to hear a landmark carry case
Who supports ZERO INFRINGEMENTS and actually fights for our rights.
Who doesn’t worry about being paid off by Washington beaurocrats
Who was called the most aggressive gun organization in the country and made the NRA look like child’s play

I’ll give u a hint, NOT THE NRA! GOA is roughly 1.5 million members and climbing. Jump on board or go down with the sinking ship that is the NRA! Enough Data for ya?????

I keep hearing the "what has the NRA done for me" chant.
I ask what have you done for the NRA? And our sport in general?
How is the NRA or GOAL supposed to keep fighting against anti gun liberals that we keep putting into office? The message to the NRA is clear. Massachusetts does not want 2 A freedom.
It's just like the 400lb diabetic that is pissed at the doctor for cutting off his legs. You have to do your part if you want to walk.
Get off your f***ing keyboard and get your f***ing ass out there and do something.
Or shut the f*** up.

Who’s sueing the GOV on bump stocks
Who got the Supreme Court to hear a landmark carry case
Who supports ZERO INFRINGEMENTS and actually fights for our rights.
Who doesn’t worry about being paid off by Washington beaurocrats
Who was called the most aggressive gun organization in the country and made the NRA look like child’s play

I’ll give u a hint, NOT THE NRA! GOA is roughly 1.5 million members and climbing. Jump on board or go down with the sinking ship that is the NRA! Enough Data for ya?????
"A majority of NRA members think Lapierre and Cox are bat shit crazy. Face the facts, the GOA is doing more for our 2A right now than the NRA is and that’s where all my money is going...along with Comm2a of course."

"Would love to see your data supporting that."

That's quite the ramble there, not answering the direct question either.

Where is your data showing the majority of NRA member think LaPierre and Cox are bat shit crazy?

Where is your data showing that GOA is doing more for 2A rights than than NRA?

Where is your data showing how much money GOA spent on the 2016 elections? After all, without control the 2A ain't worth the paper it's written on.

Where is your data showing how much money GOA has given to G.O.A.L.?

Where is your data showing how much money GOA has given to COMM2A?

Do you have any hard data to back up your claims? BTW, I am not interested in any additional babble. Please answer and back up your original statements with factual hard data.

Pretty straightforward

I keep hearing the "what has the NRA done for me" chant.
I ask what have you done for the NRA? And our sport in general?
How is the NRA or GOAL supposed to keep fighting against anti gun liberals that we keep putting into office? The message to the NRA is clear. Massachusetts does not want 2 A freedom.
It's just like the 400lb diabetic that is pissed at the doctor for cutting off his legs. You have to do your part if you want to walk.
Get off your f***ing keyboard and get your f***ing ass out there and do something.
Or shut the f*** up.

I gave them f***ing money that's what! Which in turn means I have the right to bitch about what I dont agree with as far as what the NRA is doing.

I am so tired of the old NRA lifers telling me to "fall in line" with support for the NRA or I'm somehow not with the NRA.

"A majority of NRA members think Lapierre and Cox are bat shit crazy. Face the facts, the GOA is doing more for our 2A right now than the NRA is and that’s where all my money is going...along with Comm2a of course."

Where is your data showing the majority of NRA member think LaPierre and Cox are bat shit crazy?

Where is your data showing how much money GOA spent on the 2016 elections? After all, without control the 2A ain't worth the paper it's written on.

Do you have any hard data to back up your claims? BTW, I am not interested in any additional babble. Please answer and back up your original statements with factual hard data.

Pretty straightforward
I never said GOA was giving to Comm2A, I said thats where I’m giving MY money. I just gave several major examples on what the GOA is doing and what the NRA is not doing. What don’t u understand about the NRA supporting gun control like the 1986 NFA and bump stock ban while GOA is suing the GOV to ptrotect our rights. If that’s not good enough for you that’s fine. Clearly the NRA spends more money than the GOA. But if you can’t see that GOA is doing more with less and the NRA is doing FAR less with more then there is no point giving you all this so called “data”. I will try and get both there financial sheets for u to review, will that be good for u? Keep supporting those frauds who will soon be coming for your shotgun. Grab a 1 year membership To GOA, it is money well spent.

Pretty straightforward
GOA won the next SCOTUS case not the NRA! Is that straight forward enough for ya?????? Just because I give u solid examples and u rebut that with a bullshit “show me the hard data” line doesn’t mean it’s babble! Your clearly a fudd who is no good for our 2A

The problem is , that any type of gun control measure that passes anywhere can and will be perverted into something that's going to be rammed up our ass sideways.
In a rational and sane would, red flag laws would seem to be a sensible thing. Get guns out of the hands of people who have expressed a desire to cause harm. Seems rational , right ?

To someone (mostly FUDDs and non-gun owners), yes. "Getting guns out of the hands of people who've expressed a desire to hurt themselves" makes sense, but only because the left has been successful in TOTALLY changing the narrative throughout the latter half of the last century. Too many of us who know better simply went along with this narrative, when it should be abundantly obvious that GUNS CANNOT BE CONTROLLED. Only PEOPLE can. When a gun - a simple tool like any other tool - leaves the gun store it cannot be controlled by anyone other than the person who physically possesses it.

We must not except the premise of the leftist progressives. There IS no "gun control" where the government is concerned. There IS no "gun violence". Only criminal violence. Therefore the only solution to criminal violence is criminal control. Even that is not a perfect solution. It is simply the ONLY solution. Period.

GOA won the next SCOTUS case not the NRA! Is that straight forward enough for ya?????? Just because I give u solid examples and u rebut that with a bullshit “show me the hard data” line doesn’t mean it’s babble! Your clearly a fudd who is no good for our 2A
He sure seems to be a paid shill for them. No matter what evidence you provide he just keeps singing their praises even when there is no doubt about their position on the bump stocks and ERPO's. As a long time life member I've supported them for their support of hunting and shooting but as I've said before when it comes to the 2A they're sorely lacking.

He sure seems to be a paid shill for them. No matter what evidence you provide he just keeps singing their praises even when there is no doubt about their position on the bump stocks and ERPO's. As a long time life member I've supported them for their support of hunting and shooting but as I've said before when it comes to the 2A they're sorely lacking.
Yup. I forgot about the ERPOS! Great point. I send in my annual membership to the NRA and that’s it. I wish I could give more to the GOA and Comm2a but I still manage to donate a decent amount. I told him to join the fight and join GOA but he obviously didnt want to respond to that.

Back
Top Bottom