NRA - campaign for Allen West to replace LaPierre

Probably less-hated than you assert.
I live my life by a simple creed. “Most people are retards.”

With that in mind, it stands to reason that most of the NRA membership are retards also. Most probably don’t know anything about Wayne and his shenanigans.

Don't get me wrong though. I want him gone also. I would support West as a replacement. Just hope he is up to the challenge.

Last edited:

With that in mind, it stands to reason that most of the NRA membership are retards also. Most probably don’t know anything about Wayne and his shenanigans.

The NRA board is the one who votes for the position, so there’s an electorate of 76 or 77 board members who will vote and decide.

If Wayne actually cared about 2A and the NRA members, he would have left years ago. He’s there for his own benefit and he’s really hurting the NRA. Going forward there should be term limits, 2 terms then the person needs to sit out at least one term before they can run again. There also need to be an outside audit every few years, transparency is a must.

Wayne Lapierre could make bank on teaching republicans on how to stuff the voting booths , like he does with the NRA Board. He’d retire in the lap of luxury. * That might be a down grade for him! 25+ yrs as a member, not another dime from me till that money grubbing shyster is gone and a Forensic Audit is done showing how all that donated money was spent.

Last edited:
The NRA has 76(!) board members. An absurdly oversized board like this is a huge governance red flag. For any organization. That the NRA has had governance problems is the inevitable result of this. It would be shocking if they didn't.

I was a member for a few years when I first started shooting, but stopped supporting them when I realized the extent of the waste and corruption there. Lately I have been supporting three organizations: GOAL, Comm2A, and the FPC.

I’d bet that 70% don’t have a freaking clue about Wayne’s wardrobe and other expense accounts.
Gun Owners Of America baby!!!

deer-eating.gif

True. For instance, most people don't know that Carolyn Meadows is the NRA president, not Wayne.

Ditto, Wayne must go and I'm surprised he's still in charge. What does it take to get rid of him? Obviously he has no shame and is in it for the money but doesn't the leadership realize he's a detriment to the Org?
He spent years manipulating the board and rules to the point he's damn near untouchable.

Any board member who votes for West can forget about re-election if they don't pull this off (which I hope they do). I assume the nominating committee will remain firmly in Wayne's pocket.

Wayno is CEO and Exec VP.. Another oddity of NRA to have a different President than CEO.

Not strange at all when you look at what it accomplishes - the membership gets to "vote" in an election for a ceremonial president, whereas the board, the members of which are pre-selected by the nominating committee, gets to vote on the CEO, thus shielding Wayne's sinecure from the risk of an election loss. The general understanding is that enough people take the suggestion of those who nobly set aside personal feelings and endorse those best for the org [puke]that you don't win without nominating committee endorsement, and if you are a threat to the status quo, you don't get the endorsement.

Last edited:
There was a podcast called Gangster Capitalism that did a series on the NRA, particularly Lapierre. Holy. Shit. Listen if you get a chance. I understand it's probably a hit piece, but the facts are the facts in regards to his BS.

I belong to both the NRA, and Gun Owners of America. Have pondered that once my NRA membership is up, taking that money and adding it to what I already give to GOA.

Any board member who votes for West can forget about re-election if they don't pull this off (which I hope they do). I assume the nominating committee will remain firmly in Wayne's pocket.

No strange at all when you look at what it accomplishes - the membership gets to "vote" in an election for a ceremonial president, whereas the board, the members of which are pre-selected by the nominating committee, gets to vote on the CEO, thus shielding Wayne's sinecure from the risk of an election loss. The general understanding is that enough people take the suggestion of those who nobly set aside personal feelings and endorse those best for the org [puke]that you don't win without nominating committee endorsement, and if you are a threat to the status quo, you don't get the endorsement.

Part of me is rooting for the NY AG to either get Wayne removed from the NRA or put in prison.

Wayne’s ego is like Obama, he thinks it’s about him, not the members. I really despise Wayne, he’s such a smarmy c0cksucker. He’d screw over gun owners in a second if he cajoled benefit enough financially.

Part of me is rooting for the NY AG to either get Wayne removed from the NRA or put in prison.

Wayne’s ego is like Obama, he thinks it’s about him, not the members. I really despise Wayne, he’s such a smarmy c0cksucker. He’d screw over gun owners in a second if he cajoled benefit enough financially.
Hummm.
Sort of like the Biden clan. Huh ?

Back
Top Bottom