• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA’s Cleans House/downward spiral megathread, Update post 567 NRA Staffer Used $40K in NRA Money to Pay for Family Wedding

Just a thought... Salary is usually the smallest part of a CEO’s total comp... Say 300-500k salary, A few mil in bonus and an even larger number in differed/option comp... no salary my be a 10% or less cut in total comp? ... just a thought!
Few mil in bonus? The company's gross sales is $56 mil so he ain't taking multiple millions in bonus. And a CEO bonus is generally based on gross sales.....which he and everyone else knows is gonna be in the toilet this year. I've been in the management world myself Iong enough to know how CEO compensation works...the guy did the right thing in my book. Would you take a 10% cut and still work the same if not harder to keep some other folks working or would you bitch and moan at your boss?
I think I might just know the answer.

Last edited:
Few mil in bonus? The company's gross sales is $56 mil so he ain't taking multiple millions in bonus. And a CEO bonus is generally based on gross sales.....which he and everyone else knows is gonna be in the toilet this year. I've been in the management world myself Iong enough to know how CEO compensation works...the guy did the right thing in my book. Would you take a 10% cut and still work the same if not harder to keep some other folks working or would you bitch and moan at your boss?
I think I might just know the answer.
Just saying total comp is the thing CEO not salary, good reason more then a few take that 1$ salary. Just trying to put things in perspective. The CEO taking a 20% salary cut is not really sharing the hardship of employees taking the same cut.

The NRA, which boasts about 5 million members, in recent weeks laid off or furloughed dozens of employees, imposed a four-day workweek for some employees and cut salaries across the board, including for CEO Wayne LaPierre. In a memo to staff, LaPierre said 20 percent salary cuts were across the board while some senior staffers “voluntarily” reduced their wages even more. LaPierre earned about $2 million in compensation, according to the group’s most-recent tax filings. The NRA would not say how much of a pay cut he’s taking.

semi dupe: NRA’s Cleans House/downward spiral, Update post 456 employees being furloughed

If WLP's pay cut doesn't come in the form of 100% with resignation, it's not enough.
I would guess that if he left, they wouldn't need the cuts. They would save a ton dropping that leach, and a ton of $$ would pour in from new/returning members. I have little to spend on stuff like this, I need to renew my GOAL and GOA memberships, but NRA? They seem to spend money on endless mailers, cheap ass chinese gifts, and bloated salaries. They're almost like the government they claim to defend us from. No thanks.

They have literally been calling me twice a day for the last two weeks trying to get money out of me. I feel really bad for the ladies on the other end that have to hear my frustration when I tell them they arent getting more than my yearly dues until Wayne is gone, and that I am only renewing each year because my club "unfortunately" requires an NRA membership.

What's more frustrating is that usually they say- "yes, we have been hearing a lot of that." That means obviously they aren't listening to their members. Save your extra donations for GOAL, GOA, Comm 2A, etc. Those are the orgs doing the grunt work right now.

It's at the point now where I have blocked 4 different NRA numbers. I'll renew online.

OH, so instead of making $40,000 a week, he will only make 32,000. He really has to cut back on the essentials then, the poor guy. His secretary who makes now $640 instead of $800 must feel bad for him.

I as well as many others have said here when Wayne goes I’ll gladly return. Till then tough cookies.

I'm not responding to you directly, Salty, but to everyone who says this:

Did you leave Murrica when Obama was elected? Only to return "once he was gone"???

I see this very similarly. I'm not giving up S-word. Because I won't let the small thing get in the way of the big thing. And the big thing is pressure on national politicians. If they squander half of all of the money that's given to them - FINE! Keep up that big thing, please.

I as well as many others have said here when Wayne goes I’ll gladly return. Till then tough cookies.

i paid the life membership amount to date. i have gotten emails to upgrade, which i gladly would, but only after Wayne is gone, and not until then. ego cannot get in the way of fighting to keep our rights and he has certainly shown that by not stepping down.

ecause I won't let the small thing get in the way of the big thing. And the big thing is pressure on national politicians. If they squander half of all of the money that's given to them - FINE! Keep up that big thing, please.

Are you blind?

Lol, it's not a "small thing" anymore- in case you haven't noticed, the NRA is pretty much worthless at this point, and a lot of that is due to WLP. They have no influence anymore and haven't done shit for gun owners except f*** things up in the past decade or so. Any wins we got were from smaller grassroots orgs. On top of that the one thing they did well (training programs) have been f***ed up with all that blended learning bullshit.

This creates the obvious fork in the road which is obvious to anyone who sees it- the NRA either needs to just go away or the toilet's gotta get flushed. Most of us would rather see the
latter than the former, because if the former happens the moonbats gets to claim some kind of victory. The only way most members have a chance to send a signal is by not sending them
scads of cash anymore with an angry letter fired back at their HQ. "Until you get rid of WLP, I'm not sending any more cash. Flush him out and I'll send $100 the day you do it. "

-Mike

Did you leave Murrica when Obama was elected? Only to return "once he was gone"???

I see this very similarly. I'm not giving up S-word. Because I won't let the small thing get in the way of the big thing. And the big thing is pressure on national politicians. If they squander half of all of the money that's given to them - FINE! Keep up that big thing, please.
There is a distinct difference in your giving up on America comparison.

In America there is actually an election every 4 years with a good chance of getting rid of the leader you don't like. And every 8 years the leader is definitely gone.

With the NRA.......the same toxic shit has been at the helm for what?!? 30 years now? And the general membership doesn't get to vote on who leads it...the board members do and they know not to cross WLP. The only way to effect change in the NRA is with our wallets. Keep em closed and there will be change. Keep paying and the croney board members will keep him in there.

Your analogy is just not apples to apples. It's more like apples to anal lube.

Yeah, you missed it. I get it. I'm frustrated too. But you missed it:

While we burn the NRA down, who's out there doing the work the NRA did???? Again - I HATE this whole debacle. The infighting. The lack-of-information opinions across the gun community. But burning it down risks a lot in DC. Are we even concerned about that or are we stuck on this issue so much that we lose sight of the bigger picture. You are walking away without a letter-writing campaign, an internal discussion, anything. Just "well, we don't have a right to a vote so let's just burn it down and suffer other consequences."

The good news is: Due to hindsight bias, all of you folks, a decade from now, will be telling your grandkids how you fought hard for the NRA and gun rights in 2020 but the other side was out to burn the NRA down. You'll still be the hero of the story.

While we burn the NRA down, who's out there doing the work the NRA did???? Again - I HATE this whole debacle. The infighting. The lack-of-information opinions across the gun community. But burning it down risks a lot in DC. Are we even concerned about that or are we stuck on this issue so much that we lose sight of the bigger picture. You are walking away without a letter-writing campaign, an internal discussion, anything. Just "well, we don't have a right to a vote so let's just burn it down and suffer other consequences."

No, he didn't miss it. The bottom line is if WLP doesn't go or at least get taken out of power the NRA will never improve. Their leadership sucks right now. The only way to fix that is top
down...

Also there isn't that much risk, When has the NRA been effective lobbying in DC in the last decade? The only thing they did was get us a bump stock ban from the
president. [rofl] and a bunch of stupid town hall things after parkland BS that ended up making them and RKBA advocates look bad.

-Mike

I got the call 2 weeks ago. Since I'm due in under a year I told her to send the info for a 5 year re up and I'd send a check. I still don't have it so I guess they are not as desperate as claimed. I don't like WLP. But I can't see any benefit to having the whole organization go under. If they didn't have some kind of positive influence then the libs wouldn't be trying to end them by bleeding them dry.

Probably won't happen but the dream team on the NRA would be led by Colion Noir. If the NRA has any future they need more people like that.

Think how much they are saving with WLP not traveling here and there eating fine dinners, expensing fancy suits etc.

I’ve directed my giving to the NRA to more grassroots 2A groups and will continue to do so.

I sent back the last “Donation Envelope” they sent me with a nice long write up outlining why they will never see another dime from me.

Haven’t heard from them since.

I was thinking. The NRA sanctioned classes that most MA instructors teach would not be viable any longer if the NRA isn't there. All our MA State BFS teaching certs would become invalid. There would be a shortage of places for people to go to get certified for LTC application certs.

Did you leave Murrica when Obama was elected? Only to return "once he was gone"??

I'm a big boy and I'll take my licks and stand my ground and I won't complain to a mod. We're good. No issues at all.

Of course I didn't leave for Canada with Woopie and the others. I stayed right here thru the 8 long years of that failed experiment called Obama. I also gave a lot of thought to other Pro 2A organizations because like many others I thought the NRA had the mussel.
Well I was dead wrong.
Being a paying member here on NES opened my eyes to Comm2A so they get money thru Smile. I was always a member of GOAL so no change to that. Added GOA, SAM and GOME as a member and contributing to fund raisers so in fact not helping WLP in obtaining his stupid wardrobe collection was a good thing as I increased my support to a broader base with frankly some bigger balls. The NRA has laid down with DC how many times and been very silent for years here in MA knowing we were a lost cause. Right? OK, the NRA gets one atta boy for giving money to GOAL to help the fight but I've met Jim and I don't see him sporting custom made suits and 300 dollar shoes. The amount of waste on cheap China made crap, the endless spending of advertising money including the incestuous relationship with the company speaks volumes. Damn, just the endless USPS bulk mail fees is insane!!!

I'll not be the one to tell you or anyone else how or where to spend your hard earned money. I'll not say you were right or wrong in buying a life membership in any organization.
I'll also not be the guy to follow the train off the trestle because that's what the cool kids were doing.

I was thinking. The NRA sanctioned classes that most MA instructors teach would not be viable any longer if the NRA isn't there. All our MA State BFS teaching certs would become invalid. There would be a shortage of places for people to go to get certified for LTC application certs.
I truly believe there would be another option if the NRA didn't have the program and that MA as well as other states just used the NRA program because it was recognizable and easy.

The point is to not destroy the NRA but to save it and return it to it's initial mission.
WLP has bastardized the NRA. It has become his plaything for his own benefit. WLP is nothing without the NRA, the opposite is not true.
New leadership, a 15 member board elected by members and NOT endorsed by the nominating committee that sits in WLPs back pocket. People who truly care about the NRAs original charter and purpose.
Like all institutions and organizations--over the year the original mission and purpose is lost to self preservation and protected continuance. WLP does not give a damn about the NRA, 2d, etc--he cares about maintaining his life style.

When you hear Schumer, Pelosi, Fineswine and the rest of the rabid democrats talk they always say we will not give in to the NRA, not GOAL, or any other organization. Don't get me wrong I am not saying the other organization are not doing great things but the NRA is the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

Do I like everything they do? Absolutely not but I can not imagine where we might be without them. With that being said they have made some huge blunders as of late. I really would love to see WLP mister $$$ suits gone. I am a Benefactor life member and they have been calling and asking for money including mailings. I always tell them when Wayne and Marion Hammer are gone I will start donating again. All life members and yearly members of (3 or 5 years) can vote for board members. We need to make changes from within not get rid of them.

Gun owners are our own worst enemy anyway. There is what 80,000,000 gun owners in the USA and about 5-6,000,000 NRA members. Imagine the clout we would have if we had 10, 20, 50,000,000 million like minded members all working to push the NRA in the direction they need to go?

Without them who will financially fight against the cash flow and influence from Soros, Blumturd, Moms against guns, mayors against guns, etc, etc?

semi dupe: NRA’s Cleans House/downward spiral, Update post 456 employees being furloughed

Now it's completely a dupe. Hey @drgrant, can we merge these?

When you hear Schumer, Pelosi, Fineswine and the rest of the rabid democrats talk they always say we will not give in to the NRA, not GOAL, or any other organization. Don't get me wrong I am not saying the other organization are not doing great things but the NRA is the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

Do I like everything they do? Absolutely not but I can not imagine where we might be without them. With that being said they have made some huge blunders as of late. I really would love to see WLP mister $$$ suits gone. I am a Benefactor life member and they have been calling and asking for money including mailings. I always tell them when Wayne and Marion Hammer are gone I will start donating again. All life members and yearly members of (3 or 5 years) can vote for board members. We need to make changes from within not get rid of them.

Gun owners are our own worst enemy anyway. There is what 80,000,000 gun owners in the USA and about 5-6,000,000 NRA members. Imagine the clout we would have if we had 10, 20, 50,000,000 million like minded members all working to push the NRA in the direction they need to go?

Without them who will financially fight against the cash flow and influence from Soros, Blumturd, Moms against guns, mayors against guns, etc, etc?

They hate Gun Owners of America. Here are some examples....

Democrats Blame 'Gun Owners of America' For Gun Control Setback

Sen. Reid: NRA Is ‘Very Bad’ - Gun Owners of America ‘Worse Than Bad’

Upstart Group Pushes Harder Than the N.R.A.

Rival gun groups look to fill the NRA's void

The system is so rigged that I'll bet Jim Wallace will not dare challenge the compensation packages if he gets on the board. That is not a slam on Jim, but on the rigged election figurehead go along to get along board.

Back
Top Bottom