Not Staying in NYC Hotels

I don’t want to stay in NYC hotels for the bed bug issue alone, never mind that the hotels will spy on you and report you to the police if you’re cc on their property.

How on earth are hotels going to enforce this? Cameras in the rooms? Metal detectors in the lobby? X-ray machines for luggage?

The hotels in Paris do this. I had to travel there for work, and took a test fixture for a valve actuator with me. It was a ~40lb piece of 4140 steel plate that I checked on in a medium size Husky tool bag. As I carried it into the lobby, an employee waved a screeching magnetometer over me, then motioned for me to continue. I foresee the same thing happening, if that.

Unions NOT backing Muuuarrrahhh?? C'mon. It's 80 years of graft just doing what graft does. It's a big fat cash orgy.

I have traveled to NY, PA, VA, SC and other states to shoot matches or for training. I have stayed in hotels and AirBNB. I don't like to leave my equipment in the car so I have carried in Range Bags, Ammo Boxes and Hard Cases through lobbies, on elevators and the works. I've never had nay issues. The only time I was the least bit concerned was in Greenville SC a few months ago. There were some sketchy looking guys in the parking lot watching us unload but we didn't have any problems.

I haven't been to NYC in years however I am concerned about the trend spreading to other areas should it take hold in NYC.

Me thinks the fine folks in NYC committing all the gun crimes won’t be staying at the Ritz Carlton anyway.

I stayed at a motel in Detroit last December and the Counterperson had a SCAR behind him. At least i got a room 2 doors down from him and was able to back my truck right to my door.
I have stayed twice in NYC, once at the YMCA on 9th Ave and the other time at someones house in the Bronx.

Malodave

“Public accommodations and tourism hubs may always be targets for people with guns to commit terrible acts of violence, but by achieving this agreement to keep guns away from these vulnerable areas, we can better ensure the security of workers and customers while also promoting the economic recovery of the hospitality sector,”

This is insane, they start by saying hotels will always be targets of violence but then say by disarming the potential targets it makes them safer? Progressive liberal logic at its finest.

I have been to NYC many times, but only because I was getting paid for it.

No MORE!

I used to love going to the NY auto show and spending a day checking out new models, prototypes, special edition cars, the exotics, etc. Sometimes I would head over to Times Square and visit a few shops and take in the sights. Of course the vendors selling the DVDs of currently playing in theaters movies was fun too lol. I could tolerate the sour milk pervasive garbage smell for a day. At the end of the day though I was ready for some fresh non-polluted air.

But covid has turned the city into an authoritarian stronghold of whiny Karens. I'll be goddammed if I'm putting a vax passport BS app on my phone. If New York has to go under, once again, then it does.

103 backed her?
SEIU sucks.. I had them as a nurse... absolutely useless.. a political party more then a union. I don't understand why the unions side with the democrats.. especially the trade unions. Realistically these unions should be apolitical publicly.

That would be like working for the gas company and the gas company union sides with a new green deal Democrat thats going to regulate gas out of existence.

Back
Top Bottom