• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Not an Onion article... seriously you can't make shit like this up.

NRA opposes Rep. Robin Kelly's 'common sense' bill prohibiting marketing firearms to kids

The National Rifle Association (NRA) and its allies are going out of its way to not only openly oppose Congresswoman Robin Kelly (D-IL) and "gun reform" agenda, but of late is attacking her on the introduction of H.R. 5093, the Children’s Firearm Marketing Act. The NRA and its allies have also resorted to ridiculing the bill and Kelly personally. Several days later, another NRA-ally followed suit. But Rep. Kelly stood strong because of the overwhelming support from "common sense" Americans.

By ridiculing Rep. Kelly, it takes the focus off the real issue. However, the above video produced by ESPN Sports makes no sense, as it shows a 13-year-old boy from Virginia trying to buy beer or cigarettes or racy magazines or even "scratch off lottery tickets." What this young boy learned was there was "no way" to purchase these items, but when it came to the purchase of firearms: "Way."

NRA condones the owning and possessing of lethal weapons by children, and drawing no line in the sand in its anything goes policies toward firearms.

Help Rep. Kelly and her "common sense" gun reform allies once again beat back the NRA and its allies by donating on Act Blue.

The issue is simply this: The NRA wants to allow gun manufacturers to continue its unfettered freedom to market firearms to the public, and now have aggressively moved toward the marketing of firearms to children.

"Watch us beat the odds again," said Kelly referring to her decisive victory on the night of her April 9, 2013 election victory. "Watch us take on the NRA, the Tea Party and anyone else standing in the way of our safety," She has kept her word.

Rep. Kelly has set off the NRA and its dedicated group of gun rights advocates, angered at her introduction of H.R. 5093, Children’s Firearm Marketing Act. The bill prohibits the marketing of firearms to children.

Great laugh here... http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/...e-bill-prohibiting-marketing-firearms-to-kids

Am I oblivious? I can't say I've ever seen a firearm market towards children...

You haven't. Their goal is probably to ban all firearms advertising, and/or make it impossible to get kids interested in the shooting sports or hunting, or any activity involving firearms. Examples being the Appleseed poster, or an ad with father and son in the field or woods together hunting, etc.

Do they have an editor for that site? Whoever it is deserves to be fired.

The NRA and its allies don't like it one bit, as Rep. Kelly and many others are not begininng to drown out the one-sided conversation by the NRA

What? Why wouldn't the NRA like that?

The manufacturers have been making "youth model" guns for ages, scaled down to fit kids properly, but I've never seen them marketed directly towards children, they're marketed to those parents who choose to teach their children to shoot.
This article is complete moonbat BS.
A kid can't walk into a gun shop and buy a gun, even with a fake ID because there's still the NICS check.
Also, it's not like a minor buying a 6 pack which costs less than $10, a firearm costs a heck of a lot more, and where are most minors going to get that kind of cash ????
Their trying to make an issue out of a non-existent problem.

Poll: I support Congresswoman Robin Kelly and her fight against the National Rifle Association and its gun-rights allies.
Yes - 51% 51 votes
No - 49% 49 votes

There was no option for Kelly to go DIAF unfortunately.

The ad that they show as "proof" the NRA markets to "children" shows two parents showing the youth model Cricket to their kids.

How did we as kids ever not turn into homicidal maniacs , all the boys on my street,
we all had 6 shooter cap guns , then our first .22 single shot rifles before we were 14.

i see she represents Chicago ,

can't lock up the gangbangers , it would cost her votes.

Last edited:

Remember that the gun control folks think that teaching young people how to shoot is nothg more than indoctrination into the gun culture and conservatism. It isn't just a fun thing to do or a means of food production and self preservation.

How did we as kids ever not turn into homicidal maniacs , all the boys on my street,
we all had 6 shooter cap guns , then our first .22 single shot rifles before we were 14.

Whenever these threads come up, I think back to when i was in JROTC and we used to walk our rifles from the high school down to the junior high school, which had a 50 yard range under the gym. We shot there all the time. Meanwhile, the drill team used to practice in the cafeteria after school.

Different times, I suppose.

eddieeagle_costume_20100126_1638356325.jpg

learn-gun-safety-with-eagle-eddy.png

Not that I think the OP is incorrect...just sayin' The marketing campaign is easily misconstrued by the dim witted.

I haven't seen the law, but I'd bet it's worded so broadly that it outlaws advertising hunting safety courses, junior marksmanship programs, and junior competitions for anyone under whatever they claim the new age threshold is for children (probably somewhere around 65 at this point).

I think Hollywood, Loony Toons and Nerf are the biggest marketers of firearms to kids. I have yet to see a single advertisement for real firearms anywhere outside a firearm venue.

The real problem with firearms and kids are the idiot parents who store the kid's rifle fully loaded leaned in a corner of the kid's room. Yes, it happens way too often and results in national media coverage.

Further down it says it will subject guns to the consumer product safety commission and the federal trade commission allowing them to decide whats targeted at who and (They don't say) probably opening it up to all sorts of restrictions on "safety" and other such nonsense as if they were toys that some overbearing parent didn't like (Such as lawn darts, and bucky balls that we don't seem to be able to buy anymore due to these sorts of oversight commissions)

This is ridiculous. Yes, in Virginia a 13 year old can buy a firearm - but not from a gun dealer! Even so, I wouldn't have a problem with a responsible 13 year old buying a gun from a dealer - the problem isn't 13 year olds having guns, the problem is 13 year olds not being as responsible as they should be.

The NRA and its allies have also resorted to ridiculing the bill and Kelly personally. Several days later, another NRA-ally followed suit. But Rep. Kelly stood strong because of the overwhelming support from "common sense" Americans.
If these "Americans" had any common sense, Obama would not have been voted in and they would give Kelly the boot up the ass.
American and common sense are oxymoron's.

I think Hollywood, Loony Toons and Nerf are the biggest marketers of firearms to kids. I have yet to see a single advertisement for real firearms anywhere outside a firearm venue.

The real problem with firearms and kids are the idiot parents who store the kid's rifle fully loaded leaned in a corner of the kid's room. Yes, it happens way too often and results in national media coverage.
Care to provide a cite?

http://gunssavelives.net/self-defen...-to-defend-his-mother-from-abusive-boyfriend/

http://gunssavelives.net/self-defen...invader-who-assaulted-his-72-year-old-mother/

Oh not what you were looking for MensetFAL? That's right - these don't get national attention.

Back
Top Bottom