Northeast Trading Co, North Attleboro, MA

Ted wasn't there. I didn't deal with him. I just thought it was unfortunate that the crew was being bashed for something they couldn't control. Sounds like greed got the best of someone.
I doubt anyone here at NES resents the workers at NET. I can see where you would feel sorry for them as they are innocent bystanders. Massbites is 100% correct. It is/was Ted who has brought any hard feeling towards NET and not anyone here at NES. It is unfortunate that anyone who believes in RTBA should feel obligated to avoid NET like the plague but that was brought on by Ted himself.

No need for popcorn here Big Red[rolleyes].... I was just surprised to hear how NESers were bashing shops. Maybe it was deserved but I was just surprised and wanted to ask some guys to ease off people who had nothing to do with it.

Every time someone brings up NET the discussion becomes quite heated. I am just getting ready for what's to come. [smile]

No need for it to get heated Big Red. I'd be content with this ending now and dropping off Page 1. I can see all the points made and I understand. It's unfortunate and I won't argue with anyone's strong opinion. I repeat, it's just unfortunate and people will make their point with their wallet.

I went in there tonight looking for some stuff - did not find it... its quite a crew working in there now... real customer service oriented.

I only know thirty or so of you people in RT. I've known Ted almost 20 years. I've always found him honest and fair to deal with. Sometimes he was overly cautious of regulations, and reacted in ways that offended many people on this forum.

I don't let internet Rangers and operators tell me who I should or shouldn't do business with.

Ted has been there, pulling his weight for RKBA, for a lot of years. He's given his time and hard work to build a business in tough times, and I benefit from him being there. But has he always made choices that we all agree on? No, but He continues to train new shooters, and to donate firearms as he frequently has over the long term for fund raising for many local activities.

Fine. Choose for yourself. But I will say that I find Ted a good man to deal with face to face. Say what you will about should he or shouldn't he. That's been puked up a thousand times. Usually by people who's physical location would prevent them from shopping at NET anyway.

Ted has a nice shop. He has a great selection of guns and ammo and supplies. I like his pricing on some things more than I do on other things. He's working hard to keep a good inventory. I really don't care if anyone else wants to shop there or not.

I only know thirty or so of you people in RT. I've known Ted almost 20 years. I've always found him honest and fair to deal with. Sometimes he was overly cautious of regulations, and reacted in ways that offended many people on this forum.

I don't let internet Rangers and operators tell me who I should or shouldn't do business with.

Ted has been there, pulling his weight for RKBA, for a lot of years. He's given his time and hard work to build a business in tough times, and I benefit from him being there. But has he always made choices that we all agree on? No, but He continues to train new shooters, and to donate firearms as he frequently has over the long term for fund raising for many local activities.

Fine. Choose for yourself. But I will say that I find Ted a good man to deal with face to face. Say what you will about should he or shouldn't he. That's been puked up a thousand times. Usually by people who's physical location would prevent them from shopping at NET anyway.

Ted has a nice shop. He has a great selection of guns and ammo and supplies. I like his pricing on some things more than I do on other things. He's working hard to keep a good inventory. I really don't care if anyone else wants to shop there or not.

I bought a gun from there a few months ago and i had nothing but problems with it. I dealt with Ted personally and he was nothing but helpful. Not only was he eager to get the problem resolved he went out of his way a couple times to call me just to tell me the status of the firearm. S&W finally fixed
my problem after a couple of times but Ted was very helpful and i am thankful for that. If anyone chooses not to shop there that is your right, but i would not condemn some one else for doing so. If i did i would be no better than a liberal.

Well said. I imagine Ted's just an easier target to attack than the DA. I have no problem with Ted and do business there when it's convenient or he has what I need.

-Cuz.

What stinks for me is it's the closest gun shop to the house that I bought this year but after going in there a few times recently and seeing how high his prices are on ammo it's hard to justify buying anything there aside from the occasional firearms or accessory purchase. I did buy my GSG-5 from them earlier this year and I think I got a fair deal on that. However I wanted to pick up some 30-06 for a rifle I picked up last weekend and the cheapest box he had was around $25 for 20 rounds of some Federal hunting ammo I believe it was. Everything else was $30+. I ended up buying 10 boxes of prvi partisan from a source that shall remain unnamed and it came to about $14.41 a box after all was said and done.

Depending on where you are, check out Zero Hour and First Defense. Both are in the same general area - one to the southe east and the other to the north.

I've seen some 30-06 at Wal-Mart as well and suspect it was cheaper than what you found locally. If in the N. Attleboro WM, ASK for ammo . . . it was under the counter, hidden from sight, but they did have some a week or 2 ago when I was there.

What stinks for me is it's the closest gun shop to the house that I bought this year but after going in there a few times recently and seeing how high his prices are on ammo it's hard to justify buying anything there aside from the occasional firearms or accessory purchase. I did buy my GSG-5 from them earlier this year and I think I got a fair deal on that. However I wanted to pick up some 30-06 for a rifle I picked up last weekend and the cheapest box he had was around $25 for 20 rounds of some Federal hunting ammo I believe it was. Everything else was $30+. I ended up buying 10 boxes of prvi partisan from a source that shall remain unnamed and it came to about $14.41 a box after all was said and done.

I usually buy cases of .223 and 762x39 there because they are cheaper then most. Just like any other shop you go to some calibers are cheaper than other places. For example four seasons was selling American Eagle x193 5.56 $99 for box of 200. NET has them for $94. Not much of a difference but NET is a 30 minute less drive so ill go continue to get my .223 from there or on NES of coarse.

I usually buy cases of .223 and 762x39 there because they are cheaper then most. Just like any other shop you go to some calibers are cheaper than other places. For example four seasons was selling American Eagle x193 5.56 $99 for box of 200. NET has them for $94. Not much of a difference but NET is a 30 minute less drive so ill go continue to get my .223 from there or on NES of coarse.

I don't recall any of their 7.62x39 or .223 being very cheap compared to other places even by the case. Everytime I go in there the prices seem to go up. I'm pretty sure ZHA had lower prices last I compared. From what I saw some of the cheapest x193 they had was 200 round battle packs of PPU for around $120 I think was the price. I may have missed seeing the boxes of American Eagle. Plus they don't give cash discounts like ZHA and others so you get to pay the full sales tax and everything. I think buying online is going to be my way to go unless I happen to be driving by another store or NET can drop their prices at some point.

I don't recall any of their 7.62x39 or .223 being very cheap compared to other places even by the case. Everytime I go in there the prices seem to go up. I'm pretty sure ZHA had lower prices last I compared. .
I've called NET a few times but only for case prices. I was always able to find better prices and ZHA was always one of the contenders. Before the recent price increases I found places that were $40/K cheaper on .223 and $30 cheaper on 7.62x39. It pays to call around.

I've only dealt with Ted for a bit over a year, but I've found his firearm prices (generally speaking) better than any other shop in the immediate area. I also sincerely respect the fact that he hasn't gouged anyone for one thin dime during the recent ammo shortage. I keep track of where I purchase ammo and how much I pay for it. Some places really stick it to you. (I'm not picking on American Firearms School here... honest... )

I purchase:

.22LR
9mm
38 Special

from him... and his prices are the same now as they were before the shortage. That, to me, speaks volumes...

I'm in there at least once a week for one thing or another and get along with nearly everyone who works there, and there are quite a few.

It's difficult to purchase firearms in the "People's Republic of MA" but Ted does take the edge off. True... He may be extremely conservative regarding how he interprets the AG's wishes... But... I'd be the same, if that business were my primary source of food and housing. I also deal with dealers who play a little fast and loose with those laws and appreciate the dividends that those dealings yield... [smile]

All things considered... It's, by far, my favorite shop...

-Gillis

I stopped in Friday 07/24. NET had 9mm luger Fed American Eagle for 13.79/box, and a good amount of it for those with hungry 9's. I gave my friend a heads up as I have no 9 and time for her to grab some up before posting as she was fairly low. They also have a good amount of Prvy Partizan in .380 for 18.89/box of 50 of which I did grab some to top off my stash. Not bad by way of price for today and no rationing. Not sure how long it will last. You might want to call ahead. Thought I'd give a heads up. Do with it what you may.

I was just in today, I bought a gun and my brother bought 1. I was not even looking, but I couldn't pass up the deal I got. Ted was the best! Very friendly and knowledgeable, best prices around! I will definetly be back for more. I have bought guns at several shops, this was by far the best experience I have had. Prices on ammo were good and you can't beat the prices on guns.

Stopped in yesterday as I was in the area and I'm desperately in search of glock accessories, figured what the hell. The kid behind the counter came over, asked me if I needed help, and I asked if he had anything I was looking for and before I was halfway done with my question he already turned around and walked away. He possibly muttered "No" under his breath but I couldn't tell as he was halfway to the other side of the store already and there was another employee there talking to a customer. I've never been in a gun shop with such lousy customer service, and I've seen crappy customer service.

Stopped in yesterday as I was in the area and I'm desperately in search of glock accessories, figured what the hell. The kid behind the counter came over, asked me if I needed help, and I asked if he had anything I was looking for and before I was halfway done with my question he already turned around and walked away. He possibly muttered "No" under his breath but I couldn't tell as he was halfway to the other side of the store already and there was another employee there talking to a customer. I've never been in a gun shop with such lousy customer service, and I've seen crappy customer service.

I like Ted, and there is another long-time older employee that I like. I wouldn't make any major purchase unless one of them was helping me or in the store. They recognize me, sometimes by name, sometimes by my face, and I get treated well by them. To the younger clerks, I'm just another a$%hole interfering with their job, but why should this place be different than any other?

I like Ted, and there is another long-time older employee that I like. I wouldn't make any major purchase unless one of them was helping me or in the store. They recognize me, sometimes by name, sometimes by my face, and I get treated well by them. To the younger clerks, I'm just another a$%hole interfering with their job, but why should this place be different than any other?

It was a young employee. And his attitude was much worse than the average young employee at non-gun shops, as well as worse than any gun shop I've been to. Also, I've never seen anything less than exceptional service at the shop I frequent the most (North Shore), but I've seen less than stellar customer service, granted better than Northeast, at other area shops.

The correct answer from salespeople when something is not in-stock is "Maybe I can get it for you." That's how you know your business is appreciated.

It was a young employee. And his attitude was much worse than the average young employee at non-gun shops, as well as worse than any gun shop I've been to.

If it's the same person I'm thinking of, I couldn't agree more.
I hadn't been their in over a year, so I stopped in to buy something, BIG MISTAKE!
I went to pay for it with cash and he swiped the money out of my hand like I was going to try and take it back. WTF [angry]
No "Thank You" after the sale.
He's a JACKASS!!

Never again.

Reply to Otis311's post 301:

All of the workers have short hair.
Are you sure that you were talking to an employee?
Most of the employees do not wear store logo shirts, and just dress the same as customers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom