Northeast Traders Ted Oven on TV defending gun sales after New Bedford Shoooting

That kind of news just makes a ban even more inevitable... despite the tough gun laws and background checks he was still able to legally purchase an "M-16 style" firearm. [angry]

Last edited:
what kills me is the fact that if this guy went in with what these morons would call a "Hunting" rifle. There surely would have been more dead and less wounded.

I think a .30-06 would have done a hell of a lot more damage then the .223 rounds.

what kills me is the fact that if this guy went in with what these morons would call a "Hunting" rifle. There surely would have been more dead and less wounded.

I think a .30-06 would have done a hell of a lot more damage then the .223 rounds.

It might have even gotten a few people a few blocks away !

In the media, there's no such thing as a "hunting" rifle. They're called "sniper" rifles or "high-powered" rifles.

This was a lot better than most news reports about this kind of thing.... at
least it makes one thing apparent, that having the "toughest"
laws on gun owners doesn't really accomplish anything productive.

-Mike

Look at the reporter with his finger on the trigger!

I actually thought this was a good report. They took care to actually get a gun shop owner, the reporter was fair, and they discussed the difficulties in obtaining a license, this was contrasted with Lang - who just looks like a panzy butt wipe - and the reporter made sure to talk about how MA already has some of the toughest gun laws in the nation.

Last edited:
Word is that Ted is one of the best gun shop owners around, and in my limited dealings at that shop he and his staff were top notch. Glad to see they went to someone reputable like him instead of, let's say, a more disreputable dealer in Shrewsbury?

Northeast Traders is great. :-D

I've only been to about 5 or so different gun shops but Northeast is my favorite by far. :)

When I bought my DPMS yesterday, Ted showed me that video clip, and told me the roporter interviewed him for two hours, and edited it down to that short piece.

Ted showed him a 30-06 cartridge in comparison to a .223, and told the reporter the difference in Foot pounds of power. The reported didn't know what foot pounds were. He didn't pick up on a lot of good stuff Ted said, but the report was pretty good for the local media I think. So often they lie and exagerate, at least this guy made an honest attemt to be fair.

It's just such a tough issue to reconcile the differing opinions.

We all think we are right, and the other side think they are. We know they aren't being objective, but they stick their fingers in their ears and mumble LALALALA.

They don't let their eyes see the truth in front of them, and they believe the BS that they would be "safer" if guns were illegal.

I'll never understand people like that. I can't figure out if they are stupid, cowards or they really believe some of the crap they spout off about.

For up close, personal work inside a building, a simple Mossberg 500 with 00 buck or slugs would have done equal or greater damage (IMHO) overall.

But what theheck do I know...[thinking]

He didn't pick up on a lot of good stuff Ted said, but the report was pretty good for the local media I think. So often they lie and exagerate, at least this guy made an honest attemt to be fair.

Yeah, sometimes you have to forgive the ignorance. People are ignorant, and reports have to report about all sorts of things they have no real idea about. The real problem is the repeat offenders. I don't know how many times that reporter has done a "guns" report. Maybe never.

I liked the way Ted said: "Then there's the Class A license which, if issued properly, allows the user to carry concealed." Nicely done. Polite, but to the point.

Back
Top Bottom