North Shore or Southern NH Rental?

Hi - apologize if you get a lot of these. I'm a newbie here.

A friend and I are looking for a shop/range where we can rent pistols and test fire tomorrow. I'm in Medford, he's in Salem, but we're willing to drive a bit I think.

I just took the safety course from Mike Burchman (two thumbs up) and am about to apply for my LTC. Looking to get some practice and try out different pistols.

Any recommendations? We're both pretty new to shooting.

Hi - apologize if you get a lot of these. I'm a newbie here.

A friend and I are looking for a shop/range where we can rent pistols and test fire tomorrow. I'm in Medford, he's in Salem, but we're willing to drive a bit I think.

I just took the safety course from Mike Burchman (two thumbs up) and am about to apply for my LTC. Looking to get some practice and try out different pistols.

Any recommendations? We're both pretty new to shooting.

Manchester Firing line fits the bill. They have a variety of weapons for rental, so you should be able to find something that feels good in your hand and is comfortable to shoot before you make your buying decision.
Location is very close to the Brown Ave (Exit 2?) exit off Rt 293.

Manchester Firing Line fits the bill... word of warning be aware of what is going on around you. Last time my wife and I were there there were 10 people using 2 lanes ramming magazines into machine guns with their fingers on the trigger, among other range safety no no's.

You'll need positive ID, you are required to wear hearing and eye protection on the line, bring your own or rent theirs. 14.95 an hour each person for the first hour of range time, the price drops after that. You have to buy ammo for their rental guns from them. Bring targets or buy them there. Gun rental rates depend on the type of gun and are posted on the website IIRC.

Google Manchester Firing Line for their website. THey are 5 minutes from the Mall of NH

Rent yourself 2 lanes side by side. Rent a .22lr, the ammo is dirt cheap, and maybe a Glock 17 because 9mm ammo is cheaper than most other stuff. while you are shooting the 22 your buddy can be in the next lane with the Glock... trade guns once in a while.

Remember there will be stuff at MFL that isn't going to be available to you as a MA resident to buy, so limit your rentals to guns you might purchase. Come back another time to play with the good stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom