North Brookfield rally

I took two panoramic pics. This first one is from around 1:30pm. The rally just started.

photo 1.jpg

This second photo was taken just before the end. You can see that half of the crowd left. It was cold and the rally lasted just over 2.5 hours.
The day was great and the speakers were very moving. I wish that it could have been either warmer or shorter.

Thanks for making it a great day!

photo 2.jpg

I managed to get there at about 12:45 but was only able to stay about a half hour and then had to leave for work.

Rally was very good today, though very chilly...lol

Speakers were great... Thanks everyone that stepped onto that stage, and that showed their support by being there.

When's the next Rally??

A few pictures from today (I was holding the flag most of the day (large flag so with all the wind needed to stay to the back of the Rally so it didnt whip too many people), there with my wife, two kids, my father-in-law Hankster, and mother-in-law)

Wife and I:
20130127_131010_zps1de83752.jpg

Hankster and Mrs. Hankster ;)
20130127_141206_zpsc3148ce1.jpg

A shot about 30 min before the event started as I was walking back to it (forgot my camera in the car):
20130127_125915-1_zpsa4371b4c.jpg

Last edited:
i was at the rally from a little before 2 to ~3:30. I had a bit of a walk from the car thought i was closer to the event then i was. One funny thing, I was dressed up in a suite and had one person ask me if i was a counter protester. I informed her i was carrying and we ended hanging out and talking for a while. Met some new people today and some from last weekend at the statehouse.

i was at the rally from a little before 2 to ~3:30. I had a bit of a walk from the car thought i was closer to the event then i was. One funny thing, I was dressed up in a suite and had one person ask me if i was a counter protester. I informed her i was carrying and we ended hanging out and talking for a while. Met some new people today and some from last weekend at the statehouse.

A suite and no hat, or no hat when I saw you there, lol.

Great turn out allways would like to see more, but its growing. looking forward to the next one, cold or not I will be there again.

Jason.

I must say, Hankster looked pretty sharp in that hat green coat. He looks like a park ranger or something. Very nice guy.

Speeches were good. Though I agree with the general principal laid out, the religious one was a bit much, though. I was most impressed with Dave Kopacz. I wish I was there to hear HK at the beginning. I heard some guy arguing with someone at the T party table about this not being a party thing.

Spoke with a local policeman about parking, and I must say they were very nice and understanding. I saw a couple unmarked cruisers making the rounds, and a statie over across the street from the DPW garage.

Fiddlin Ed was good, and I give him and A+ for creativity. The sound was a bit much, though. While the setup worked pretty well for speakers, Ed's background music was pretty distorted. Ah well, the perils of impromptu gatherings of assorted people.

Overall, a good time. I would guess maybe 200-275 people were there. I was hoping for more, but it was still good. Boston news Fox25 last night had a recycled piece about Saturday's anti rally, and missed this one completely. I don't know if any of the other stations mentioned it.

I didn't recognize anyone there but still took plenty of pic's. I was the guy with a motorcyle baseball cap and black NRA leather jacket and holding a large cup of coffee. I also did a lot of walking around the assembly as i try to walk four miles a day and also wanted to see if there was anyone there I knew. I didn't find any. My only beef is that there should not have been a "sermon" made.....this is an issue which religion can't not be injected.

Frank maclamb

I didn't recognize anyone there but still took plenty of pic's. I was the guy with a motorcyle baseball cap and black NRA leather jacket and holding a large cup of coffee. I also did a lot of walking around the assembly as i try to walk four miles a day and also wanted to see if there was anyone there I knew. I didn't find any. My only beef is that there should not have been a "sermon" made.....this is an issue which religion can't not be injected.

Frank maclamb

I understand dand share your perspective...up to a point. The reality, though, is that there are many religious people out there, and the Constitution explicitly states that your rights are innate, granted to you by your Creator.

This was an important reminder for me, not because I am particularly religious, but because it really hits home: these aren't rights that your government gave you, but you no longer need so they can take them away. You are a sovereign individual, your natural rights are inviolate, and no man, no government, no group can take them away.

It was definitely eye-opening, and got me thinking about some things from a different perspective and in a new light. All in all, despite the ups and downs, I really thought the differ pieces had a coherent theme and played well together in presenting different aspects of what it means to be a free human.

I understand dand share your perspective...up to a point. The reality, though, is that there are many religious people out there, and the Constitution explicitly states that your rights are innate, granted to you by your Creator.

This was an important reminder for me, not because I am particularly religious, but because it really hits home: these aren't rights that your government gave you, but you no longer need so they can take them away. You are a sovereign individual, your natural rights are inviolate, and no man, no government, no group can take them away.

It was definitely eye-opening, and got me thinking about some things from a different perspective and in a new light. All in all, despite the ups and downs, I really thought the differ pieces had a coherent theme and played well together in presenting different aspects of what it means to be a free human.

This x2

Sent from my rotary phone using Forum Runner

I was there with a friend of mine and we saw 2 people in suits....we just assumed you were running for political office....

one other note: I would like to thank Red Zone Tactical for putting this together. I live in the area and throw them some business down the road.

Last edited:
I was there with a friend of mine and we saw 2 people in suits....we just assumed you were running for political office....

one other note: I would like to thank Red Zone Tactical for putting this together. I live in the area and throw them some business down the road.

Don't think I will be making a run for a good long while. Doubt a platform of fiscal responsibility and personal freedom would go to far in this day and age Will look out for more NES'ers at the next one

wwlp22 in springfield just ran more about the rally, and touched on 2A a little.(on TV not on website at this point).
They did some interviews..one included that mouth-breather that owns WARE GUN SHOP.....he claims this has NOTHING TO DO WITH 2A!!!!!!! I now have ANOTHER reason to never set foot in that dump.

wwlp22 in springfield just ran more about the rally, and touched on 2A a little.(on TV not on website at this point).
They did some interviews..one included that mouth-breather that owns WARE GUN SHOP.....he claims this has NOTHING TO DO WITH 2A!!!!!!! I now have ANOTHER reason to never set foot in that dump.
The news outlets cant stop talking guns, with an angle to increase control. I saw a preview of that, and when it said Ware Gun Shop I thought, "How does WWLP keep finding the worst?" It takes serious luck/ skill.

Listen, I go to church sometimes myself. I didn't that Sunday, but when that guy started talking about God and Jesus, it sure felt that way. I was towards the back, and when he started talking, I noticed an exodus of people. This was when I took a break from the rally myself, it was just too much.

On another note, you know how people say to dress nice and make a good impression? Well, I saw some video or pictures of the rally, it might have been channel 22 from Springfield, but there was a guy there with a big bunch of chewing tobacco in his lip. I'm sure the Boston crowd was impressed with that. Then, I realized that might have been the rally organizer. Groan. Hey, at least he was clean cut. ;-) Of course, then there was Dave Kopacz. Definitely not clean cut. He was like a Ted Nugent of Central Mass. You know what? Screw them all and their expectations of us. Those two and the rest of us do not need to meet some dress code. If one of us ever said anything about some minority kids wearing red or blue bandanas like gangsters, the other side would be all over us. It is time to let our hair down, stuff in some more dip, and GET THE MESSAGE OUT. I've been reading how it seems "the gun issue" is sticking around longer this time. I think there are two reasons. One is that it was a lot of kids down in CT. Another is that the idiots came up with a lot of crap against those of us who had nothing to do with it. However, I think the REAL reason is, this time around, we are not taking it in the rear. Our side has decided enough is enough. Keep the pressure up, folks. Don't give up or falter. There may be bumps, but keep pressing this until not only do we hold them off, but we make actual, real IMPROVEMENTS for our side. Some of these will be legislative, but don't forget the legal system in the courts is still ticking away and working in the meantime. We had a couple victories right before this CT stuff went down, in both Chicago, and I think also Everett, Mass., and more are coming.

Here's an idea for the next Boston event: Statehouse Security overwhelmed by their own doing?

Back
Top Bottom