Non-resident LTC arrived, WTF?

If this continues, there will be almost no unrestricted non-resident LTCs. You are correct: I personally know women who carry OC without a FID/LTC (my girlfriend is one of them). I gave them a word-to-the-wise heads-up and left it at that. If they get caught, they can take the fall. That said, a woman could use a container of OC on an assailant, WIPE ANY FINGER PRINTS OFF and then toss it out a car window as she drives away. No serial numbers, quiet, impossible to trace.

Fixed...

Yes, this is the first restriction I've ever had. While the whole situation is ridiculous, I must say that the people at CHSB have been nothing but helpful and informative. From my experience, it's been a policy issue and not a person issue.

If someone is thinking of applying for a non-resident LTC, I *HIGHLY* suggest writing as detailed a reason as possible. I wrote 2 small paragraphs, the next time I apply I'll probably double that and list as many reasons and details as possible. Don't expect to skimp here and explain your reasons at the interview, that person has nothing to do with deciding your restrictions. Get it all down on paper fully. From what I understand, the director is the one deciding the restrictions and goes by what you wrote.

Have you called to see why this happened? If you have no use for a restricted license, it can't really hurt at this point to ask why.

-Mike

So, if I lived in Utah or some far away state and was applying for a non-resident LTC, I would now have to travel to MA and go to Chelsea for an interview before they would give me a non-resident LTC?
Their theory is that you're going to be coming to MA anyway - or you wouldn't want a non-res carry permit - so you can just add a stop in Chelsea to your itinerary.

Of course, the morons don't think that maybe, just maybe, you want your permit because you can visit... say... PITTSFIELD or LEE. [rolleyes] Chelsea isn't exactly the easiest place in MA to get to.

Their theory is that you're going to be coming to MA anyway - or you wouldn't want a non-res carry permit - so you can just add a stop in Chelsea to your itinerary.

Of course, the morons don't think that maybe, just maybe, you want your permit because you can visit... say... PITTSFIELD or LEE. [rolleyes] Chelsea isn't exactly the easiest place in MA to get to.

funny, Chelsea is near a major international airport that has domestic flights from most major US cities. Oh, and it is near public transportation. Chelsea is easy to get to. MA past the 495 belt,is a different story IMHO.

funny, Chelsea is near a major international airport that has domestic flights from most major US cities. Oh, and it is near public transportation. Chelsea is easy to get to. MA past the 495 belt,is a different story IMHO.

And EOPS has free visitor parking!

I had to physically got to WA for my NR permit. But it's a 'shall' issue permit. Cost me about $55 and I didn't have to a a resident permit from another state.
UT covers WA and can be obtained without a visit.

And if, say, you live in NH and only go to the north border towns, or in CT and work, say, in Worcester, it's just SO convenient to FLY to Logan just to kowtow to power-hungry administraitors to get your permit. [rolleyes]

This is all a bunch of crap to make life miserable and it will be effective on scarring some people off from the whole process. This way they win and have less people allowed to carry. It will make many question if this worth the grief.

Actually, having driven in and out of Chelsea for many, many years (I have two customers there) I completely disagree. I consider it a "severe f**king pain in the ass" to get there- so much so that I charge $25-30 extra on a service call to "Cross the Tobin". I hate route 16, I hate the tobin bridge, it all sucks ass. I'd rather drive the entire length of 495 or 95 than spend 5 minutes on rte 16 or any of that crap. Blech. I suppose I'm also bitter because
eastern ave has claimed its share of suspension parts from one of my cars, and I was also rear ended on rte 16. [angry]

It'd be way better for most if the place was "right off 95/128" instead. That's accessible- being "beyond boston" is not.

-Mike

Last edited:
PLUS, WA is the home of USPSA!
Stop by HQ for the tour. There is a great Mexican restaurant directly across the street, and a pretty decent Chinese place withing walking distance. I get out there every year or two, but never bothered to get the WA LTC since UT covers it.

There's a tour!!! Sign me up.
I am confident that anyone who can convince the Boston PD to issue them an unrestricted permit and also get an unrestricted one from the RI AG's office has what it takes to talk the office staff into letting you take the tour.

Back
Top Bottom