Non-high Capacity Magazines and other components

Hardwired

NES Member
The MA general laws appear to dictate the licensing required for actual firearms, ammunition, and high-capacity feeding devices but am not sure what the case is with parts and non-high capacity feeding devices.

Can one purchase and possess non-high capacity magazines (ie 5 and 10 cap) and other parts like scopes and stocks without a MA firearms license?

Playing the waiting game with the license app in process and curious whats not off limits until an LTCA is in hand.

Welcome to NES, Hardwired and mDeStefano!

The MA general laws appear to dictate the licensing required for actual firearms, ammunition, and high-capacity feeding devices...

Correct.

Can one purchase and possess non-high capacity magazines (ie 5 and 10 cap) and other parts like scopes and stocks without a MA firearms license?

Though unlicensed possession of non-large capacity magazines is arguably legal, the unlicensed purchase/sale of such items is prohibited by MGL 140-131E and 140-123.

Parts and accessories are unregulated.

So could you order a 10rd mag online and ship it to your house. I though you could do it since it was the mag and not a banned mag

the unlicensed purchase/sale of such items is prohibited by MGL 140-131E and 140-123.

So could you order a 10rd mag online and ship it to your house. I though you could do it since it was the mag and not a banned mag

that would be the 'unlicensed purchase' part. I wouldn't take the chance. But that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom