NO NEW GUN LEGISLATION

Your glass is half empty, rather than half full. What would Hillary's second term look like for you?

I suspect that a theoretical President Hillary Clinton would see herself as a success if she could achieve UBG, AWB, and ERPO in both terms combined.

Please forgive me for not drinking the Trump KoolAid and forgetting every anti-2A statement he made prior to running for president. I'm willing to give Trump all the credit he deserves for being a masterful politician and tailoring his message to maintain the coalition he needs to be electable. I am, however, totally unwilling to surrender my cynicism that his pro-2A epiphany when he ran for office was anything more than political expediency. A President Trump, unshackled from his need to maintain that coalition after re-election could turn out to be quite dangerous for 2A supporters. Plenty of second-term Presidents have embarked on vanity projects in an attempt to pre-emptively write their presidential legacy for future historians.

"Take the guns first, go through due process second." -Trump

I think Trump is a NY liberal at the end of the day. He just happens to love money above all else. IMO, if the backlash wasn't so strong he would support lots and lots of gun control. That doesn't make him a 2A hero in my eyes.

Said while under the protective vail of 2A rights provided by Trump at this point. No new gun laws per Trump.

I suspect that a theoretical President Hillary Clinton would see herself as a success if she could achieve UBG, AWB, and ERPO in both terms combined.

Please forgive me for not drinking the Trump KoolAid and forgetting every anti-2A statement he made prior to running for president. I'm willing to give Trump all the credit he deserves for being a masterful politician and tailoring his message to maintain the coalition he needs to be electable. I am, however, totally unwilling to surrender my cynicism that his pro-2A epiphany when he ran for office was anything more than political expediency. A President Trump, unshackled from his need to maintain that coalition after re-election could turn out to be quite dangerous for 2A supporters. Plenty of second-term Presidents have embarked on vanity projects in an attempt to pre-emptively write their presidential legacy for future historians.

I don't think that most 2A supporters drink much Trump kool aid including me. I just give credit where and when it's due. Try it. It helps one to stay objective.

MA already has Red Flag laws.

The legislature passed them in the dead of night in an emergency with all due process penalties for false reports, provision of public defenders, and mental health funding removed from the bill in one of the most insulting and disrespectful displays of disdain for constituents and the opposition party ever recorded on video.

No public hearings or comments until after it was passed.

A total “f*** you get in the boxcar” from our self anointed betters.

The circumstances fell in our favor this time.
Trump or at least his advisors know he's sunk for 2020 if he hoses us and Wayne is under an electron microscope.
Any more backroom sellouts and he'll be buying his own damn suits .

Said while under the protective vail of 2A rights provided by Trump at this point. No new gun laws per Trump.
Provided by the constitution.
The Congress could pass a veto-proof AWB tomorrow if they wanted to. Trump wouldn't be able to do anything about it if they had the will. They won't, but they could. If an AWB did manage to pass, I'd say there is a non-negligible chance he would sign it.

I think you guys misread the title, this is the no new gun legislation thread. Enjoy the moment, no one is saying the 2A is safe forever, just stop being a whiney f*ckhead for 10 minutes and enjoy it. You can resume your confiscation law fantasies momentarily.

I don't think that most 2A supporters drink much Trump kool aid including me. I just give credit where and when it's due. Try it. It helps one to stay objective.
Credit where due?
What happened to bump stocks under Obama?
What happened to them under Trump?
(No, I'm not a fan of Obama, but tell it like it is)

Jesus , I just want to go the range and hunt some paper, dream of my next acquisition , and to be able to feel safe at home and about.
Why does this have to be so freaking hard.
I'm here constantly checking to see what has happened now to make it tougher on us.
I vote. I donate. I do what I can to help our cause.
I still feel like I'm worried about spending good money on equipment that may be illegal tomorrow.

Provided by the constitution.

A lot of good the constitution turned out to be when Maura Healy banned the AR15 in Ma. without the use of a law, because there isn't one. So much for the constitution. Sooo, where is this constitution that you speak of when we need it? Certainly a state AG is sworn to uphold it right?

Last edited:
Jesus , I just want to go the range and hunt some paper, dream of my next acquisition , and to be able to feel safe at home and about.
Why does this have to be so freaking hard.
I'm here constantly checking to see what has happened now to make it tougher on us.
I vote. I donate. I do what I can to help our cause.
I still feel like I'm worried about spending good money on equipment that may be illegal tomorrow.

This site wont let me give you 2 rep points damn it.

I think you guys misread the title, this is the no new gun legislation thread. Enjoy the moment, no one is saying the 2A is safe forever, just stop being a whiney f*ckhead for 10 minutes and enjoy it. You can resume your confiscation law fantasies momentarily.[/Q

Can I get a Amen!

Last edited:
Credit where due?
What happened to bump stocks under Obama?
What happened to them under Trump?
(No, I'm not a fan of Obama, but tell it like it is)

If you don't cherry pick and instead read all, you'll see that I have. We can all see by your post hear that bump stocks are near and dear to your heart. Please tell us, how many bump stocks did you lose in the recent bump stock trajedy?

The Congress could pass a veto-proof AWB tomorrow if they wanted to. Trump wouldn't be able to do anything about it if they had the will. They won't, but they could. If an AWB did manage to pass, I'd say there is a non-negligible chance he would sign it.

Could, would, should? Things being what they are, I'm thankful that the only sane thing we can do, is deal with what is and what is, at this time, is Trump having said," no new gun laws". What a no good S.O.B, that Trump is.

If you don't cherry pick and instead read all, you'll see that I have. We can all see by your post hear that bump stocks are near and dear to your heart. Please tell us, how many bump stocks did you lose in the recent bump stock trajedy?
Zero. I at no point had any interest in owning one. I do strongly believe that the action taken to get rid of them was very wrong.

Could, would, should? Things being what they are, I'm thankful that the only sane thing we can do, is deal with what is and what is, at this time, is Trump having said," no new gun laws". What a no good S.O.B, that Trump is.
For someone who claims they're not drinking the kool-aid, you're engaging in an awful lot of apologetics.
I think an objective person would just chalk the bumpstock ban as an L and move on. Sure, it affects a negligible amount of people, but I wouldn't go defending it.

I was reading some blurb yesterday from some wog. I forget who it was and where. Talking about the tragedy of shootings on the anniversary of something and just after. . . . El Paso.

Wait. What happened to Dayton??? Did it not fit your narrative so you ignore it?

I hate the news. Truly hate it.

And YOU forgot the mass shooting in NYC that same weekend. 12 people shot at a single event, but only one dead so maybe it didn't register as a "mass killing" even though it was a "mass shooting."

1 Man Killed, 11 Others Shot And Seriously Injured During Crowded Event In Brooklyn

MA already has Red Flag laws.

The legislature passed them in the dead of night in an emergency with all due process penalties for false reports, provision of public defenders, and mental health funding removed from the bill in one of the most insulting and disrespectful displays of disdain for constituents and the opposition party ever recorded on video.

No public hearings or comments until after it was passed.

A total “f*** you get in the boxcar” from our self anointed betters.

I didn't see you jumping in to help amend and fix the "ERPO" (aka "red flag") laws here:
Request for help on petition to amend MA "ERPO" law

If you'd like to send another reminder please do:

Cracks Seemingly Forming in the Push for Gun Control!

Click on the CORRECTED Take Action link to email NEW letters to Republican Senators and President Trump -- warning them that Americans will not reward them with reelection if they vote to slice up the Second Amendment!

Not a GOA member yet? You can join Gun Owners of America for only $20.

Keep the Heat on Republican Senators and President Trump!
Dear Gun Owner

As you read this, a battle is raging between two camps of White House staffers:

• Some are pushing Donald Trump to stay true to his commitment to protect the Second Amendment.
mail

• Other advisers, like his daughter Ivanka, are encouraging the President and others to push Gun Registration and Gun Confiscation in a misguided effort to pick up Democrat voters?
For example, Ivanka Trump is reportedly working furiously behind the scenes, urging Senators to pass Universal Background Checks and Red Flag gun confiscation orders.

Even so, there are conflicting reports in the media, with some indicating that the President is backing off his earlier push for gun control.

"Trump retreats on gun control proposals," said the L.A. Times yesterday.

Another media outlet explained: "GOA members sent a whopping two million letters to the White House and to the Senate in past weeks, urging Republicans to support the 2nd Amendment."

Press reports also show that pro-gun leaders are busy communicating with the White House -- some directly with the President, but others in meetings with the staff, given that many in the Oval Office are pushing gun control.

Politico reported yesterday that "John Velleco, the executive vice president for Gun Owners of America, [is] on the books for a meeting" with the White House.

These are encouraging articles. But then there are also reports indicating that the President is keeping private conversations alive with anti-gun congressional leaders.

According to The Hill, Trump was on the phone with anti-gun Senator Chris Murphy (D-CT), talking about how to enact these two major objectives of the Bloomberg & Giffords gun control movement.

The Hill also reports that Trump was negotiating with anti-gun Senators Pat Toomey (R-PA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) about paving the way to passing their gun registration bill.

What does all of this mean? It means that we can't go silent! We have to make sure that the President CONTINUES TO HEAR from gun owners around the nation.

Please add your name to our NEW pre-written letter -- and let’s continue to flood every Republican inbox at the White House and in the Senate, warning them that if they vote for gun control, they will face traumatic consequences at the polls.

ADD YOUR NAME

The anti-gun Left is mourning the fact that Trump already seems to be getting the message.

Consider that the New York Times reported today that, "Mr. Trump has heard from a wide range of conservative allies who have warned him that he will imperil his re-election chances if he makes a deal with Democrats on guns."

That's a message that Rush Limbaugh has delivered on his show ... that GOA's Erich Pratt delivered on Fox News ... and which gun owners by the THOUSANDS have been delivering to the White House.

There is no doubt that anti-gunners are still working through the month of August, plotting to restrict your Second Amendment rights. And that means that we can’t let up either!

We need to remind Republicans that they already have legislation that they can pass which will make a difference. It's called Constitutional Carry Reciprocity (H.R. 38 and S. 69).

We also must let Republicans know that they do not need additional laws to deal with killers like the Dayton, Ohio shooter. As I mentioned in my recent Townhall article, the Dayton killer could have easily had his guns removed (using due process) if anyone had bothered to use pre-existing law.

The killer had a long record of threatening people, and as it turns out, one can be charged in Ohio with “menacing,” which the state treats as a felony.

But here’s the problem, if the authorities weren’t willing to charge the shooter under current law, they certainly would not have “red flagged” him.

The good news is that Senate Republicans have already received more than 2,000,000 letters from GOA members demanding that they block all gun control legislation in the Senate.

So let’s step up the pressure.

Again, please add your name to our NEW pre-written letter to continue to flood every Republican inbox at the White House and in the Senate, warning them that if they vote to slice up the Second Amendment, American voters will NEVER FORGET IT.

ADD YOUR NAME

In Liberty,

Michael Hammond
Legislative Counsel

P.S. Please distribute this alert to your pro-gun family and friends and urge them to take action. To renew your GOA membership or to join for the first time, please click here.

OMG. Some people are never satisfied. The only thing we've lost during Trumps administration, is those lame bump stocks, that nobody wanted and nobody bought during the years, when they could have. You really want a bump stock! What we've gained during Trumps administration, is everything that Hillary was planning to take from us. Frankly, Trump has "GIVEN" us all a lot. We owe everything that we still have, to the Trump administration. Some of us are very penny wise and pound foolish and just never satisfied. You all still have your AR15's as well as you pre ban, standard capacity, magazines. Those of you of you not in Ma., can still walk into your local gun shops and buy AR15's, standard capacity magazines for everything, including your beloved Glocks and anything else that you want, short of full auto machine guns.You're still buying ammo on line and it's being delivered to your doorstep, in record time and Ma. tax free. You don't think that goes right up Maura's ass sideways? The hard to satisfy of you out there should be sending Trump thank you cards. Trump has taken and continues to take heat daily, so that we can continue have our guns. It ain't easy being POTUS in this day and age. In case you missed it, the title of this thread is NO NEW GUN LEGISLATION, even in the face of two, back to back mass shootings. You rock Trump.

The concept of the government "letting" you keep your rights or promising not to take anything else for now is completely antithetical to the second amendment.
My rights weren't given to me by the government and I wont thank someone who clearly doesn't understand that and who would "take the guns first and then do the due process" in a heartbeat if it didn't suit him politically. It's also not "only bumpstocks" its a dangerous precedent of the executive illegally redefining laws by bureaucracy. If that doesn't make your skin crawl, wait till some one with a (D) after their name is in the oval office and see how much mileage they get out of that trick.
Sure it could always be worse, and it will probably get much worse soon, but dont piss on my head and tell me its just a little rain.

For someone who claims they're not drinking the kool-aid, you're engaging in an awful lot of apologetics.
I think an objective person would just chalk the bumpstock ban as an L and move on. Sure, it affects a negligible amount of people, but I wouldn't go defending it.

Apologetics! No apologies. Trump did what he did with bump stocks. If you're butt hurt over it, you're butt hurt over it. I'm not. I believe he did it to shut up dems, knowing that we didn't give a rip about them to begin with. End of my story on bump stocks.

The concept of the government "letting" you keep your rights or promising not to take anything else for now is completely antithetical to the second amendment.
My rights weren't given to me by the government and I wont thank someone who clearly doesn't understand that and who would "take the guns first and then do the due process" in a heartbeat if it didn't suit him politically. It's also not "only bumpstocks" its a dangerous precedent of the executive illegally redefining laws by bureaucracy. If that doesn't make your skin crawl, wait till some one with a (D) after their name is in the oval office and see how much mileage they get out of that trick.
Sure it could always be worse, and it will probably get much worse soon, but dont piss on my head and tell me its just a little rain.

It seems to me that you're a bit confused as to who's pissing on your head. The name is Maura Healy friend. Trump is the one who just said no new gun laws.

We are in the clear for now.

If something big happens to Trump - like a heart attack or stroke - before the election- day goodnight to the 2a.

When 2024 comes around and the Democrats take over, it’ll be civil war 2.0 if they pass an AWB.
When Pence takes over in that scenario will that be so? I don’t know much about how his stance is on the 2A.

I didn't see you jumping in to help amend and fix the "ERPO" (aka "red flag") laws here:
Request for help on petition to amend MA "ERPO" law

Like I said in that thread, I'm not jumping in to "help" any effort WHICH HAS NO DETAILS. Someone's good idea fairy idea of 'fixing' ERPOs could very well be proposing a replacement mechanism which is actually worse than ERPOs.

I contribute to GOAL and Comm2A monthly on top of being a pain in the ass to my elected representatives.

Ideally if we can keep the Senate and retake Congress life would be great and another conservative justice would be the icing, hey pipe dreaming is allowed.

Back
Top Bottom