No more private AR 'copycat'' transfers in MA?

I know a guy who I saw at the gun shop today...

He has a stripped lower that he owns. He has a pre July 20th receipt.

It has never been registered, however.

Can he put an upper on it and register it by an EFA10?

This movie makes more sense... than doing that....

Last edited by a moderator:
She is obviously just making it up as she goes. Why anyone even gives a second thought to this nonsense I have no idea.

Her edict only has teeth cause all you worry warts let it. She LITERALLY is not going to do shit to enforce any of it.

I called the AG's office back in Sept to make sure I was on solid ground in selling an AR to a properly licensed individual, his response was yes I can. The only stipulation was that I purchased it prior to 7/20. Yes I did save his name, date and time of conversation for what that is worth.

Which, by extension of their logic, would appear to prohibit whomever you sell it to from ever transferring it to anyone else except police or out of state since they didn't purchase it before 7/20.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tumblr_o7ybgs7o1H1qdixk3o1_1280.jpg

Don't forget to read your globe, and tune in to pbs,

for or the gun ban "law" of the day.

No more need for a legislative body.

maura make the law now.

Saves the taxpayers time and money!

Does anyone have a link or the text of Healey's original letter regarding the gun ban? Seems I recall that the original wording was quite different compared to what is currently on the AG's website.

She is obviously just making it up as she goes. Why anyone even gives a second thought to this nonsense I have no idea.

Her edict only has teeth cause all you worry warts let it. She LITERALLY is not going to do shit to enforce any of it.
I feel the same. She states she didn't (and can't) change the law. So f her and her fairytale "guidance"

Despite reporting requirements, there is no crime in MA of "possession of an unregistered gun" - they have to prove someone failed to FA10 it when required.

Don't they also have to prove that the someone failed to FA10 within the previous 6 years? (statute of limitations)

Which is to say, if someone acquired a gun in 2008 and didn't report the transaction, it's basically moot at this point because the "crime" was more than 6 years ago. Furthermore, if the someone acquired it from another MA resident, it's the *seller* who failed to FA10 it, not the buyer.

Do I understand that correctly?

10 FUDDs not hard to find.

Absolutely true at any gun club in MA.

----------------------

As of right now, here's her Q&A posted to her website wrt this.

Q: What if I already own a gun that is a copy or duplicate?
•If a weapon is a copy or duplicate of one of the models enumerated in the law, it is an Assault Weapon. The Enforcement notice will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer by an individual gun owner of weapons obtained on or before July 20, 2016.

So I see no change wrt private transfers of pre-7/20/16 guns. Doesn't even require that it was "registered" in MA prior to that date.

Of course since she's been legislating by press conferences/radio shows, I guess that even her written info isn't really "the law according to Maura"!!

So I see no change wrt private transfers of pre-7/20/16 guns. Doesn't even require that it was "registered" in MA prior to that date.

Yes, but what is the legal basis behind this statement? I don't recall seeing the 7/20 date in section 131M or anywhere else in the MGLs.

Yes, but what is the legal basis behind this statement? I don't recall seeing the 7/20 date in section 131M or anywhere else in the MGLs.

Silly question! [wink] We all know that there is no legal basis for any of her statements. There doesn't have to be, she's the dictator in charge and makes all the rules.

Silly question! [wink] We all know that there is no legal basis for any of her statements. There doesn't have to be, she's the dictator in charge and makes all the rules.

Interesting. So basically the only thing protecting anyone who possessed a post 9/94 - pre 7/20 "assault weapon" from a 10 year prison sentence is an internet FAQ that has no legal basis? And this is no big deal, we're all just paranoid nut jobs?

- - - Updated - - -

Civil disobedience.

Apparently we've been doing that for years and didn't even know it.

If the govt manages to ban all transfers, it effectively eliminates lawful private possession in a generation without the complications of confiscation and compensation. Remember, elimination, not "reasonable regulation" is the goal.

The NY SAFE act has that provision and to my knowledge, it hasn't been successfully challenged in court.

Further, HR4269 (bill in the US house last year) also had this provision, and was cosponsored by 120 Democratic legislators.

They all use the same playbook.

The answer to all this BS is to find a way to get rid of her. Nothing anyone does will change her agenda while she is in office. If she loses on this in court she will just try another tactic.
It is time for an uprising to purge the idiots from beacon hill. Until we can get enough people behind something nothing will change. It is the same with the presidential stuff. People are basically stupid and mostly are sheep, following the media.
i will tell you i was never a protest/action type person but i have gotten to the super pissed off stage and would be willing to get behind a movement to boot her and her buddies.

The answer to all this BS is to find a way to get rid of her. Nothing anyone does will change her agenda while she is in office. If she loses on this in court she will just try another tactic.
It is time for an uprising to purge the idiots from beacon hill. Until we can get enough people behind something nothing will change. It is the same with the presidential stuff. People are basically stupid and mostly are sheep, following the media.
i will tell you i was never a protest/action type person but i have gotten to the super pissed off stage and would be willing to get behind a movement to boot her and her buddies.
She's a "protected class" person. It will never happen. [thinking]

Interesting. So basically the only thing protecting anyone who possessed a post 9/94 - pre 7/20 "assault weapon" from a 10 year prison sentence is an internet FAQ that has no legal basis? And this is no big deal, we're all just paranoid nut jobs?

Apparently we've been doing that for years and didn't even know it.

It has as much "legal basis" as her contention that all post-9/94 ARs/AKs are "assault weapons" . . . even though our law is a cut and paste from Federal Law that had NO PROBLEM with such neutered guns!

If she were to arrange prosecution of an individual (she doesn't do it, she'd have to convince a DA to do it) and someone like Atty Michael Sullivan were to jump onboard, she'd risk being exposed as the fraud that she is in court and that could destroy her political career/ambitions. No way I can see her risking it.

On the other hand FFLs are very subjective and therefore exerting pressure on them would likely succeed, that (to me, IANAL) is most likely why she is taking the very different approach with them.

It has as much "legal basis" as her contention that all post-9/94 ARs/AKs are "assault weapons" . . . even though our law is a cut and paste from Federal Law that had NO PROBLEM with such neutered guns!

If she were to arrange prosecution of an individual (she doesn't do it, she'd have to convince a DA to do it) and someone like Atty Michael Sullivan were to jump onboard, she'd risk being exposed as the fraud that she is in court and that could destroy her political career/ambitions. No way I can see her risking it.

On the other hand FFLs are very subjective and therefore exerting pressure on them would likely succeed, that (to me, IANAL) is most likely why she is taking the very different approach with them.

Why would she need to arrange prosecution? Couldn't any DA do so on their own? There are what, a dozen DAs in MA - none have their own ambitions?

Back
Top Bottom