No more online Ammo purchase for people's republic of California.

Wow California.......................

Jan. 1, 2018

• Vendors must have Department of Justice approval to sell ammo – Current retailers with an ammo supply may stop providing ammunition altogether due to the process of getting DOJ consent. For hunters and shooters in rural areas who rely on mom-and-pop sporting goods stores, they may need to seek out a new supplier as well as plan on driving a lot farther to find the ammunition of their choice.
  • Importing ammunition – Californians must go to an ammunition vendor that has been approved by the DOJ. If a resident orders ammunition from a website, the ammo in question must be sent to an approved vendor for the consumer to pick up. Purchasing ammunition out of state and then returning to California runs the risk of carrying a misdemeanor charge of transporting ammo across state lines.
  • Transferring ammunition – For anyone who has ammunition they are looking to part with, you will need to enlist a DOJ-approved vendor to complete the transaction, same way you would transfer a firearm to a new owner.

Yeah, this doesn’t sound good at all. Too bad you can’t get a collection of towns to completely become sanctuary regions of a state that don’t enforce shit laws.

You would think knowing the supreme court is going to be swinging more conservative they would tone it down so as to not to end up getting bench slapped.
Genius has it's limits but stupidity knows no bounds.

Purchasing ammunition out of state and then returning to California runs the risk of carrying a misdemeanor charge of transporting ammo across state lines.

I can't imagine the SCotUS putting up with that on the grounds that any state could ban residents from shopping for anything out of state as protectionist racket. Totally flies in the face of interstate commerce.

I can't imagine the SCotUS putting up with that on the grounds that any state could ban residents from shopping for anything out of state as protectionist racket. Totally flies in the face of interstate commerce.

Yup. Kommiefornia is encroaching on the interstate commerce clause, and only the feds are allowed to abuse that.

You would think knowing the supreme court is going to be swinging more conservative they would tone it down so as to not to end up getting bench slapped.

That's because they're convinced that Trump will be impeached and jailed AND Hillary will be the supreme leader by the time it ever reaches SCOTUS.

I don't think California has an ammo storage limit. So the logical thing to do would be to plunk down $50,000 on ammo before prices skyrocket at the designated vendors. Would be interesting to see how the Joe two boxes manage things after the laws go into effect.

California is fuelling momentum another landmark SCOTUS decision.
They won't bother. Precedent is set that SCOTUS doesn't want to take up those cases. I don't even know why they took up Heller, but thankfully they did.

They really shouldn't have to take up every single 2A case though. Most of these 2A cases come up through the 9th Circuit and the simple truth is that the 9th Circuit should be broken up and it should be a focus of Trump's in 2018. Something tells me he will following all the travel bans that were blocked by Hawaiian judges, who are all in the 9th Circuit.

I don't think California has an ammo storage limit. So the logical thing to do would be to plunk down $50,000 on ammo before prices skyrocket at the designated vendors. Would be interesting to see how the Joe two boxes manage things after the laws go into effect.
From what I can gather, only fully assembled ammunition counts. So, you could get some "75% ammunition" which would be the case, bullet, and powder, but no primer and put the primer in yourself and you wouldn't have to bother with a background check or something.

But yeah, if you reload and you live in Cali, you can buy the components and there is no background check. It's one of the reasons I got into reloading because I think the tactic Anti's will use going forward is ammunition taxes and restrictions.

From what I can gather, only fully assembled ammunition counts. So, you could get some "75% ammunition" which would be the case, bullet, and powder, but no primer and put the primer in yourself and you wouldn't have to bother with a background check or something.

But yeah, if you reload and you live in Cali, you can buy the components and there is no background check. It's one of the reasons I got into reloading because I think the tactic Anti's will use going forward is ammunition taxes and restrictions.

I’m not pressing a live primer into a case that already has powder and a bullet seated and crimped....

The SCOTUS might take this one up specifically because it’s interstate commerce. If you let this stand then a state can make it illegal to purchase ANY consumer goods outside of the state and transport them back in

How does that work for anyone shooting a match in CA? Do they need to buy all their ammo in state now?

I’m not pressing a live primer into a case that already has powder and a bullet seated and crimped....

The SCOTUS might take this one up specifically because it’s interstate commerce. If you let this stand then a state can make it illegal to purchase ANY consumer goods outside of the state and transport them back in

I think MA started to do this in the 70's and 80's with liquor sales. I vaguely remember my grandmother mentioning the Mass SP would hang out in the NH liquor store lot in Nashua and follow cars over the border and pull them over. I think it was for avoiding taxes.
I may be wrong.

*edit: Maybe not:
http://archive.boston.com/cars/news...g_with_nh_booze_is_illegal_but_only_on_paper/

MA did try this with liquor and the NH state police arrested the MSP for trespassing and harassing customers. NH governor at the time told MA to screw off. This was also prior to the MA AG's office going full retard.

Wow California.......................

Jan. 1, 2018

• Vendors must have Department of Justice approval to sell ammo – Current retailers with an ammo supply may stop providing ammunition altogether due to the process of getting DOJ consent. For hunters and shooters in rural areas who rely on mom-and-pop sporting goods stores, they may need to seek out a new supplier as well as plan on driving a lot farther to find the ammunition of their choice.
  • Importing ammunition – Californians must go to an ammunition vendor that has been approved by the DOJ. If a resident orders ammunition from a website, the ammo in question must be sent to an approved vendor for the consumer to pick up. Purchasing ammunition out of state and then returning to California runs the risk of carrying a misdemeanor charge of transporting ammo across state lines.
  • Transferring ammunition – For anyone who has ammunition they are looking to part with, you will need to enlist a DOJ-approved vendor to complete the transaction, same way you would transfer a firearm to a new owner.

Oh it's even better than that. (BOLD emphasis added below by me)

California law required DOJ to have implemented these regulations no later than July 1, 2017. This is because beginning January 1, 2018, almost all ammunition sales in California must be processed by or through a licensed ammunition vendor or California licensed firearms dealer. The regulations for the issuance of the ammunition vendor license needed to be in place by July 1, 2017, to allow ammunition retailers enough time to apply for and obtain the required license.

California’s Administrative Procedures Act allows OAL 30 working days to review the proposed regulations, but OAL can potentially decide to act well before that deadline, as we saw with the recently adopted “assault weapon” regulations. The deadline for OAL to make a decision on the final regulations is January 16, 2018, more than two weeks after the law is scheduled to take effect. Assuming OAL decides to act sooner, California ammunition retailers will not have enough time to apply for and obtain the required ammunition vendor licenses by January 1, 2018.

Source: https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...gulations-to-the-office-of-administrative-law

I think MA started to do this in the 70's and 80's with liquor sales. I vaguely remember my grandmother mentioning the Mass SP would hang out in the NH liquor store lot in Nashua and follow cars over the border and pull them over. I think it was for avoiding taxes.
I may be wrong.

*edit: Maybe not:
http://archive.boston.com/cars/news...g_with_nh_booze_is_illegal_but_only_on_paper/
it could have even been the MA boarder tax police. I believe this was how they did it before they made it a Ma tax code for you to declare and pay the sales tax on a item brought into the state on your tax return. Also i think thats what brought on the usage tax for business to keep them from purchasing everything out of state.

CA vendors if they are in the business to make money will get ammo in and maybe just maybe they will start having a decent inventory or just charge a fee for accepting orders for customers.

MA ffls are regulated by the FD on how much ammo they can have and there is a set limit per mass regulations both residential and commercial can have.
As stated MA is usually not far behind CA with stupid shit

at least they have 29 weeks to register their AWs
https://oag.ca.gov/firearms

Don't we already have this in MA as a practical matter. I know, I know, online sales and shipping of ammo to MA is technically legal, but, as we've seen time and time again, the AG's office has harassed and threatened almost all out-of-state ammo dealers into not selling to us, under threat of legal action. They mostly all cave, as they understand there is no way they could monetarily win in a fight with the AG.

And, we already have a license to sell ammo thing here already. It was my understanding that in order for a shop to sell ammo in MA, they need to have the state issued license. All told, it's only a matter of time before our illustrious AG "reinterprets" the laws related to ammo sales such that we have the same issues as CA.

Tallest midget contest: Which is worst for guns owners, CA or MA?

This Youtube Cali guy thinks MA is worst even though he can't get a CCW and only has the newest Gen 3 Glocks to pimp out.

And he reloads like this:

I felt ill watching it. He has to deal with that and still thinks MA is worst.

They should have started wholesale killing of libtard politicians and their protectors there decades ago. MA too!

Back
Top Bottom