No More Milsurps for 2006

I'm currently looking for where i'm going to put another sheet metal cabinet.[thinking]
One more word of advice.... don't go shooting with friends that have nice milsurp guns. You may shoot one of theirs and fall in love with it, then once you get home you're scouring the net looking for one even at top dollar.[sad2]
Anyone else had this happen? I say this is at least second or third stage of Milsurpitis.
Whats the first stage you ask??? All those dog eared pages in your Shotgun News magazine showing you where the best places to get your C&R out to are. Thats just like going outside in the middle of winter when you're already sick, yer just inviting trouble. [laugh]
Then theres the guys like me and USMA that will show you pictures of nice, old milsurps, teasing you to buy them like some evil drug peddling guy on the street.

Pssstt..... wanna see a nice Russian SKS.

216f58aa.jpg

Hehehehehe

That is one sweet sks man.... I can only imagine how hard its going to be to resist temptation.

Milsurps 4 Me said:
I'm currently looking for where i'm going to put another sheet metal cabinet.[thinking]
One more word of advice.... don't go shooting with friends that have nice milsurp guns. You may shoot one of theirs and fall in love with it, then once you get home you're scouring the net looking for one even at top dollar.[sad2]
Anyone else had this happen? I say this is at least second or third stage of Milsurpitis.
Whats the first stage you ask??? All those dog eared pages in your Shotgun News magazine showing you where the best places to get your C&R out to are. Thats just like going outside in the middle of winter when you're already sick, yer just inviting trouble. [laugh]
Then theres the guys like me and USMA that will show you pictures of nice, old milsurps, teasing you to buy them like some evil drug peddling guy on the street.

Pssstt..... wanna see a nice Russian SKS.

216f58aa.jpg

Hehehehehe

My first C&R -- an SKS, is already ordered, pending my C&R arriving in their mailbox. Now to find some 7.62 dies and empty cases....

I think that empirearms had a bayo for the SVT-40. I never got one for mine yet mainly because there priced too high. I'm not cheap, i'm FRUGAL. I would like to get an SVT-40 gas wrench too. I do collect cheap bayo's just for the fun of it and something different to do too.

Nice SKS too. I have 1 russian refurb that was NIB. There was a gun show once that had a few still NIB for $250. I should of bought another one.

I purchased my SVT-40 Tokarev about 6 years ago at the Big E gun show. It was at the last table there and the last gun on the table too. Every year since its been a really dry show until about 3 years ago there were 3 svt-40's, 3 Hakims, 3 rasheeds and many Fn49's all at one gun show. And since then there has been none again but i don't go to every show anymore too now. I have seen that gun show so bad there were hardley any sks's there and one mosin m44 at the whole gun show. My point is we have to stay on it like hound dogs sniffen a trail all the time to find the good buys because we never know when one will show up. I was hitting the local gun shops in my area two to three times a week when i felt better and now its once a month if i'm lucky maybe twice. I made a wish/want list and i try to stay on track but if something rare comes up and its affordable thats not on my list because of high prices I may grab it too. So we must be ready when we hit a fork in the road too when something different shows up to grab that too. Overall welcome to the world of C&R collecting and join the broke all the time but happy few.

If you wanting an FN49 watch GA in the FN rifle section. They have them time to time somewhat affordable too.

BTW; I think its all about the search rather than the find. The search is what drives us right? After the find and driving home with it, its ya i got it but i'm not all that exceited about it I think the search is more fun. Once we have it the desire is gone. Until we get home to play with it then it gets put away and we move on to start another search all over again. Its a never ending story........

God knows I tried to stay on the C&R wagon but 2 more swiss k31's showed up the other day again. I just can't send them away? I'll have to repent I guess. This has got to be the worst disease to have.

Last edited:
At a show not long ago, pretty sure it was the last Springfield one, I saw an SVT40 for $450. Of course I didn't have the cash and when I got a business card from the seller I asked him if he thought it may still be there by next week at his shop. Both he and the rest of the people at his table had a good laugh and said "I highly doubt it" He was right.[crying]

tele_mark said:
He got me to order my first C&R today -- a Yugo SKS!

Thanks for the links USMA -- I think.....

Be prepared dear....you're in the process of becoming a member of Milsurp's Annon. [wink]

There's a new Finnish War DVD out right now its called "FIRE N ICE" its a great war docmentury one of the best. The first Finnish Winter War moive is good too. My son got me the "World at War" DVD's for christmas once too. They do cover a little on the winter war too.

Hay thanks edin508 i just book-marked it till i can get back to it and try to syfer all that!! remember i saw the first TV when it came out!!

Thanks Again Sheriff Dudley AkA AL

sheriff dudley said:
Hay thanks edin508 i just book-marked it till i can get back to it and try to syfer all that!! remember i saw the first TV when it came out!!

Thanks Again Sheriff Dudley AkA AL
So what are you saying, Al? You have a technological advantage over the rest of us?[smile]

Well, I'm there. No more for me for a long time, at least until I come back from the blow dealt to my credit card this afternoon. Its all your fault Ken.
But I do have a nice 1941 SVT40, plum colored bolt and all with a really nice bore and overall condition.
I may even skip Marlboro in the Fall. Yeah right.[laugh]
Pictures soon to follow of my SVT40.

Back
Top Bottom